Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are also electric snow blowers. I love mine. In fact, I can gladly say I’ll never buy gas ever again

Check out Power Beyond Belief, #1 Rated Cordless Platform | EGO I have their entire lineup and highly recommend it!
The mower looks nice. I have a Black & Decker 19 inch 36Volt battery self-propelled mower that has worked well for me for years, but when it goes I'll look at this. As to the generator, we have terrible electric service. We have lost power for over a week once and again for a few days once every two years. We have a well so no power no water. My plan if we are still here by the time Tesla finally delivers, is for a solar roof with 3 powerwalls that allow us to have power 24/7 even when our electric grid is down.

I also have a Greenworks 80 Volt battery leaf blower, chainsaw and a snowblower, but the snowblower is not practical for my 250 foot sloped, curved driveway except for a really light 1-2 inches of snow. I need self propelled and have yet to find a battery operated one that is powerful enough. With climate change we rarely get real snow anymore here like we used to. And this is a ski resort area. Now it is mostly a mix of sleet and ice which my Cub Cadet 5Hp 28 inch snowthrower can't handle so I'm looking at a more powerful one now since I'm getting too old to shovel this slush mess, especially when we get 4-6 inches of it. All it does is clog the Cub Cadet so I'm only able to use it maybe once every 3 or 4 times it snows/sleets. Had to shovel my driveway 4 times in the past week. Hopefully Spring comes next week.

Trip Chowdhry from Global Equities, a long time bull who is rated pretty highly, thinks Q1 will be a bloodbath

7A288D0E-91E5-44DB-97B3-878030D417A2.png

He had a PT of $550 a couple months ago

7567F194-9FFD-4EB1-BE3A-7B1F606EF856.png

Trip Chowdhry from Global Equities, a long time bull who is rated pretty highly, thinks Q1 will be a bloodbath

View attachment 384983

He had a PT of $550 a couple months ago

View attachment 384985

That literally makes no sense when you look at vin registration and Elon's reiterating guidance and actually higher guidance over the past couple of weeks. What is this guy smoking?

The owners manual is typically updated in sync w/ SW updates that change or add features. Our Tesla Owners Club (TOC) created something call the Co-Pilot manual specifically for folks like your friend--send her to this link: | Tesla Co-Pilot Manual -- the same link that is in my sig. The site is also used by a number of the other TOCs for their new owner orientation.

This is great! Thanks very much @omarsultan.

Not even remotely cheap. In the Toyota Prius New Car Features Manual, there are four pages of diagrams showing how this kind of braking works--and that's just the mechanical plumbing. It's very complex and doesn't give a great braking feel. This is, in my opinion, worse than the supercap idea.

AFAIK, the hardware necessary for a blended brake pedal is installed on every AP-capable car - the Bosch iBooster system that is present for AP includes blended braking as a feature.

However, while I've heard there are better implementations than Toyota's blended brake pedal... I can confirm that Toyota's is pretty bad.

The law states that a car must have side mirrors. They might be easily removable after purchase as Elon once suggested. Would help with drag

I don't know about the law change. It makes a lot of sense to use cameras to replace side mirrors. It's about time to update the law to reflect technology improvement. People who tried the camera/screen approach gave high remarks to it.

Ok, but if the law hasn’t changed and won’t be changing by end of year, then MY will in fact have side mirrors regardless of any picture on the Internet. Right?

The exception to this is if other countries are starting to change laws regarding side mirrors, but i haven't read anything in particular saying there is some big international change in rules.

As has been mentioned, there are production cars with only cameras - the Volkswagen XL1 in the European market, the Lexus ES in the Japanese market, and the Audi e-tron in at least the European market are all available with side cameras.

However, the US laws regarding mirrors require that a car have a driver's side mirror. Not two (unless there isn't a usable interior rear view mirror, as with some trucks and vans, in which case a passenger side mirror is mandated). Granted, leaving the passenger side mirror off was the domain of the most basic of econoboxes (which were generally underpowered enough that you simply weren't passing, and therefore didn't need to see cars on the right mirror) into the early 1990s, but Tesla could do it and replace it with a camera.

If you really want to go faster than replacing ICE cars on a 1-to-1 basis, build electrified rail. Like China is doing. It's out of the box -- a competent country can have an entire network up and running, and removing cars from the road, well before the first level 5 full self-driving car even exists.

And, it's worth noting that the problem space for automation of rail and rail-like mass transit is much smaller, to the point that there've been successful exhibitions of automated railways as far back as 1924, and successful systems meant for actual transportation as far back as the 1970s. (Note that most of these automated services are rubber-tired for various reasons... which actually does pull this into being relevant to Tesla. Fundamentally, The Boring Company's Shuttle is just a very fast and weird people mover (with some shortsighted design) based on Model X hardware.)

And automation is, I think, the key to making mass transit work - maintaining frequent service intervals is critical to make a mass transit service useful (especially if the network is complex enough to need transfers) to avoid the horror stories of 3 hour bus trips to go 20 miles, but you rapidly reach a point where labor costs dwarf everything else if you are maintaining those service intervals, and every system has periods of infrequent at best service because it's not worth paying workers to stay around during those low ridership periods... which makes them lower ridership periods. Automating the thing, you can at least do demand response operation without labor being an issue (and nowadays you could have riders say where they're going to go, and the system has real-time data on where it needs to have cars to optimize travel times).

The U.S. subways and the subway stations, at least in the pictures I've seen, are dirty and full of trash. It's no wonder people don't feel that safe. This could be solved, but no one wants to actually pay for the janitorial work. Dirty subways, bus, or train stations just seem unsafe because they are dirty and trashy.

And you're right. When I lived in Vancouver, I often left the car at work (company car) and bicycled from work to home. No way will I bicycle where I live now.
Depends on the city.

In some cities it is mainly used by the working poor - so the middle class won't use them. Those are the ones that are left to be dirty as they are starved of funds. Ofcourse, GOP ideology also means public transport should be starved of funds. They reinforce each other.

ps : This is for public transport in general - not just subways. Also buses.

Last edited:
Yeah, but if you'd bothered to do your research (or use your common sense) you'd realize that that's impossible, because almost everyone goes to work and comes home at the same time. The self-driving cars are gonna do the same damn thing.

People have tried to push staggered shifts since the 1950s; it's never caught on.

Work-from-home is finally becoming a thing and it does help.

Self-driving cars do absolutely jack *sugar* for this problem. They are subject to the same rush hour problem as all other transportation.

Sorry about the rudeness, I get extremely impatient with dumbassery which was debunked before you were born. (Musk has committed some of this sort of dumbassery himself, on this specific topic. I'm just glad he has a record of being able to change his mind and reverse course quickly, because he'll have to.)

Lol, how ya doin' old friend? ;)

Let's see if we can parse this into a 'Progression of Fives':
  • 50% chance we have FSD by 2040 b4 EVs are ubiquitious
  • 5% chance we have FSD by 2030 while it still affects the curve
  • 0.5% chance either of us convinces the other in this thread
  • 0.05% of this which belongs outside 'Autonomous Vehicles'
  • 0.005% chance of this comment ending the discussion, so...
Cheers, Brother! :)

May work for assessing low-level proficiency. Won't work for telling whether someone's a native speaker or for really understanding what they're saying when there are multiple agendas at work. I guess this is why they all stop at the bottom of the CEFR C2 proficiency level. That's really when actual ability to understand what you're reading properly *begins*. You can have the top score for comprehension on those programs and totally misunderstand what you're reading, particularly if it's propaganda or otherwise deliberately manipulative.

True. Doesn't mean they'd actually be any better at it. It's an arms race problem in this case. The people who are manipulating the news by planting fake articles (the offense) are well ahead of the people trying to write bots to trade on the news (the defense), and probably will be for a long time unless there's a breakthrough.
Thanks for the feedback.
Do you (or anyone else on here) know someone involved in high frequency trading (doesn't necessarily have to be a software programmer)?
I have only watched a couple of documentaries on the topic - one about the first flash crash (2009?) & another involved how they locate their data centres as close as possible to stock exchanges, timing orders, etc. Neither of them covered how the programs are written & the logic behind them or how often they are re-written, etc, etc, etc

• AlphaHat (which I think has the most reliable methodology of our three sources - InsideEVs, AlphaHat, and Edmunds) - estimates 9,3k domestic in January, and similar going forth into February
  • Contrary to what Chowdry says, we've seen much higher interest and purchase intent going forward after the price drop, from quite a few sources; LikeFolio data puts it as higher than during Tesla's all-time high in December. I see it myself as well - I keep running into people online who decided to get a Tesla after the price drop.
  • Additionally, in under a week, SR delivery times went from 2-4 weeks to 6-8 weeks.
  • Tesla always does this - low domestic sales in January and February, then a March surge in order to reduce inventory. That is, direct inventory overseas, then stimulate demand for late in the month.
  • February European deliveries were good, for something that started halfway through the month and had to ramp. March deliveries are looking awesome. They'll continue right up to the end of the month based on inventory Tesla has already sent.
  • Norway, for example, has been averaging almost 700 cars per week this month. Norway is something like a quarter of the demand in markets that Tesla is open to in Europe so far. 2-3k European deliveries per week - probably closer to 3 - looks to be the base case for March.
  • Tesla is sending about as many to China as to Europe.
  • Meanwhile, production is rocking - as can be seen not just by the monstrous VIN registration rates (even accounting for a higher percentage of unused VINs this quarter), but news reports showing that they're now averaging somewhere around 7k/wk.
  • Tesla won't be sending significantly more inventory overseas than they think they can move this quarter. At 2,5k per ship (can be upwards of 3k, although some ships may have only ~2k), that's 40k shipped.
In short, I see at least 30k domestic and at least 30k international in Q1. Minimum. Possibly up to 40k international, and even more domestic. This is just Model 3.

Last edited:
Investors should not think the upcoming version of iPhone 3 is going to be as successful as iPhone 2.0 because it will have solid competition from Palm Pre, developed by ex-Apple designer Jon Rubinstein.

Palm Pre has a superior operating system than iPhone. It runs on a better network — Sprint CDMA — versus iPhone which runs on GSM.

-- Trip Chowdhry, 2009