Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That literally makes no sense when you look at vin registration and Elon's reiterating guidance and actually higher guidance over the past couple of weeks. What is this guy smoking?

Most likely he is looking at US deliveries only. It could be true if none of the European and Asian sales are accounted for and I haven't seen any concrete number for China sales. Sure, Giga 3 is a big splash, but how are sales doing?

I have an ego lawn mower and snow blower. Highly recommend both.

Another happy EGO user: lawn mower, trimmer, and leaf blower. When I installed solar, I had an all electric house and cars, so I needed the battery powered lawn equipment to eliminate gas/oil for the yard. Still have one ICE for now, but Model Y should take care of that problem.

Over a year now with a $5 monthly electric bill to cover house, cars, and lawn equipment. We are living in the future!

I am reading the SuperCharger V3 blog again:
Introducing V3 Supercharging
And I am still a bit shocked by this sentence:
  • Then "2x more vehicles", means triple of current fleet size, I just went through all quarterly delivery reports and they adds up to 535k of current fleet(2018 Q4), 2x more means, wait... ~1M more cars in 2019?!? This could be a wording error, where they meant to say "2x" vehicles, not "2x more", but, I have tinfoil hat remember?

Absolutely a wording error. That usage of 'x more' when someone really means 'x as many' seems to have become the colloquial default. As a former math major it drives me nuts, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you (or anyone else on here) know someone involved in high frequency trading (doesn't necessarily have to be a software programmer)?
I have only watched a couple of documentaries on the topic - one about the first flash crash (2009?) & another involved how they locate their data centres as close as possible to stock exchanges, timing orders, etc. Neither of them covered how the programs are written & the logic behind them or how often they are re-written, etc, etc, etc

A few jobs a go, I used to work on developing networking solutions for high frequency traders--was one of the crazier jobs I have had--we literally had conversations about getting around speed of light issue.. You are not really going to get any insight to how the software works, that is high guarded IP, but generally, they all use the same model--suck in large amount of data form various news feeds, chew on it and use it to drive trades. They hinge on having the best data, making connections no one else does and being faster than the other guy.

A good book on the topic is Flash Boys by Michael Lewis (the same guy behind The Big Short and Liar's Poker). Its a good book and one of the reasons I do very little retail investing on anything I am not willing to go long on.

Add me to the EGO trip. :) I currently have their leaf blower and will soon be getting the weed trimmer. I'm hesitant with getting the snowblower as I'm concerned about "range". As most know we get our share of snow around here. I also just bought a new one a couple years ago so it'll be a while before I need to replace it. I also have a BE riding mower by Ryobi which uses AGM batteries. So I'm getting close to being gas free.

A few jobs a go, I used to work on developing networking solutions for high frequency traders--was one of the crazier jobs I have had--we literally had conversations about getting around speed of light issue.. You are not really going to get any insight to how the software works, that is high guarded IP, but generally, they all use the same model--suck in large amount of data form various news feeds, chew on it and use it to drive trades. They hinge on having the best data, making connections no one else does and being faster than the other guy.

A good book on the topic is Flash Boys by Michael Lewis (the same guy behind The Big Short and Liar's Poker). Its a good book and one of the reasons I do very little retail investing on anything I am not willing to go long on.
Would this be an area where a NN could thrive?

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you (or anyone else on here) know someone involved in high frequency trading (doesn't necessarily have to be a software programmer)?
I have only watched a couple of documentaries on the topic - one about the first flash crash (2009?) & another involved how they locate their data centres as close as possible to stock exchanges, timing orders, etc. Neither of them covered how the programs are written & the logic behind them or how often they are re-written, etc, etc, etc
Not high frequency trading - but you can get a taste for how algo trading works -> Algorithmic Trading

Make that algo trading professional - both software and hardware, you get high frequency trading.

Reactions: neroden