Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hate to link to Sawyers Twitter, but now other reports started to trickle in about the company wide call that happened the other day.

Looks like Elon confirmed on the call that they’re shooting for 1 million deliveries in 2021 among other things
Still trying to figure out what your buddy meant by think crazier. What’s crazier than the Tesla network being fully functional along with fsd?

Still trying to figure out what your buddy meant by think crazier. What’s crazier than the Tesla network being fully functional along with fsd?
Nothing is crazier than that.

Other earth-shattering items could be something like (1) 200 GWh of 4680s produced in 2022 instead of the 100 GWh mentioned at Battery Day or (2) the launch of the Model 2 in Shanghai early/mid next year.

Reactions: mickificki
So, I might be right in my last post speculating that the thing my buddy was suggesting us doing wrong was the projection. Maybe Tesla is looking at 100% YoY growth internally for 2021. Far outpacing the general consensus.

So, I might be right in my last post speculating that the thing my buddy was suggesting us doing wrong was the projection. Maybe Tesla is looking at 100% YoY growth internally for 2021. Far outpacing the general consensus.

A lot of us have speculated/believe that is probably the internal goal. Whether it is achievable should start to become clearer after Q1 and definitely after Q2 (where we may also have an idea when Berlin will be able to contribute).

Reactions: JusRelax
OT
Gas Stations will become Charging station IF humans can't pull their heads out of their arses.
Gas stations should not become charging stations because...
1. the cost of prime commercial real estate. That should be a deal breaker right their.
2. cleaning the toxic site requires an additionally large amount of money
3 low income producing business can't afford expensive sites.

So where should charging stations be placed?
Easy call for my brain. In large shopping center parking lots, especially those with eateries
5 reasons I can think of right away.
1. Internet shopping has reduced the need for shopping parking lot sizes (especially during busy seasons like Christmas).
2. People can charge while they shop or dine.
3. Pull through charging would be a breeze with no building structures in the way.
4. Smart summon means that placing the chargers "way over there" will not be an issue when coming back to the car.
5. when automatic charging becomes possible the vehicle will drop you off and go charge, and then pick you up at the other end of the mall if you like. Which would cause the trip to actually be even fewer steps than if you got the best parking spot in the entire mall.

Another great place for Charging stations would in association with parks or community sports complexes. Walk around the park or play a couple of sets of tennis while your vehicle is charging.

The fact is that Gas stations require a huge expense to build and supply with gasoline/fuel, and therefore MUST have a minimum level of customers so they must be a certain size, and within a highly travelled area. Charging stations can be as few as ONE station. Charging stations do not require massive overhead or maintenance like refilling. Many retail businesses will put them in to attract customers.
Think about this...I can remember when gas stations were gas stations...a coke and a bag of stale cheetos were your food choices. Today Wawa promotes its food over its Gas. People actually stop at many food places to eat because they also have fuel available.
Instead of gas stations becoming charging stations I bet that more commercial grade/rate charging stations will be built at dining establishments of all kinds...especially along interstates. Drivers' cars will have the function of identifying the drivers' preferences for food and suggest and reserve charging times along the programmed routes.
The money stream created will not be ignored by bean counters. Especially the part where when a driver fails to move their vehicle within a certain number of minutes after recharging is completed they start incurring a fine. That will keep chargers open for use.
I can even see food services and other retail businesses issuing "validation" bar codes, or something more electronic, when a driver uses the services where the vehicle is charging... say like a kw/dollar spent?

My point is Gas station conversion to Charging stations is unimaginative and a poor thought.

Traveling in Europe always leaves me struck by how much better their gas stations are located and designed compared to the United States.

The lawsuit was decided today. Tesla lost.
And with the Biden's infrastructure bill coming up, along with Joe's well-documented "union workers" in every other sentence, the anti-Tesla media, fronted by the three idiots of the carbon apocalypse, Kolodny, Mitchell and Lopez, think this would be a good moment to get this "news" out there in the change it will somehow influence the policy

Of course they omit the rest of the discussion, for instance:

I enjoy this forum but it’s disturbing when I’m reminded it ends up on big influencer Twitter occasionally
This thread, and it's predecessors, has long been a source of info, it is read by many, bulls and bears alike. You can be sure $TSLAQ keep a close eye too, as do their idiot mouthpieces in the media

Opening the SC network to others....
  • I don’t think this is beyond speculation yet, but I will play...after all it’s a healthy discussion
  • As a greedy shareholder, I don’t always agree to the mission with Elon’s conviction
  • I feel that the SC network is a substantial advantage to Tesla that is often under appreciated...I don’t want to lose this for Tesla and sales
  • SC buildout has cost Tesla and shareholders valuable capital over the years, it’s hard for me to even imagine adequate compensation to be justified IMO
  • I would LOVE for someone to share some basic math behind a typical SC and ROI. I think Tesla subsidizes SCs because the amount charged doesn’t even/barely covers the local electricity fees. What about initial capital and maintenance?
  • As a Tesla owner, if I roll up to a SC without an open stall and VW or ? are occupying stalls, charging at an inferior (slow) rate....👺
  • I *LOVE* SC network and don’t want to screw the experience up. Not sure how to open it up without compromising the experience I so enjoy. For some reason I am too emotional about this topic!

Hey @StarFoxisDown! I had to laugh at this Sawyer tweet saying he first heard about the all hands meeting from a 'reddit' post.

It'd be interesting to hear what Elon had to say, but it's not going to be anything truly newsworthy. Even though it's for employees only, a company-wide all-hands call isn't going to contain any information that they don't want to be public, just like Elon's company-wide emails. They know full well the contents will reach the public's eyes and ears.

Elon deleted this tweet:

ExZIRusXEAQ8dgW.jpg

:O :O