Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno.... if Tesla is on track to sell 1 million cars, and only 1/3rd by FSD at it's current $10K price, that's $3.3bil in revenue

1/3rd buy in the US (and that's only a rough guess, mostly based on Troys spreadhseet AFAIK- Tesla doesn't publish that info)

Outside the US it's pretty near 0.

I think Elon cited like 1 or 2 percent for China? And EU nerfs the hell out of it too so take rate is likewise very low.

It's why they brought EAP back overseas because almost nobody was buying FSD there (and IIRC even that's nerfed in EU compared to US capabilities)

Last edited:
One only needs to watch this morning's trading to understand how much manipulation there is in this stock. "They" are really, really trying to peg this below $740. Let's see how much fire power they are willing to, or can expend.

What I don't understand is how we aren't just printing money off such an obvious algo formula. Pretty clear there's way too much buying pressure for it to make sense that this "manipulation" continues today. You can look at all the open interest for options and see what they're going to TRY to do pretty much at any moment in time. When reality skews from that by a certain amount or it's clearly no longer in their interest to naked short.....jump on it.

That's just me guessing, but there's gotta be an easy way to put a real-time formula in place to have this concept on autopilot. Anyone want to talk this through via PM some time after next week, let me know!

I don’t think we can ever stop journalists from being lazy or having ulterior motives.

But for the big media outlets in the US, a law should be made that if a report is found to be incorrect, a new report must be given on the same venue with the same broadcasting and air schedule time so it reaches the same audience. Explicitly stating this is a correction by saying “we initially reported this but the correction is this”.

No more of this yelling from the rooftops of a problem and then whispering the correction. This would encourage the media to get it right the first time....real quick. Otherwise over time, they will look even less competent.
Problem is: loopholes. So, if the journalist is really incompetent and/or suffers from untrue and tilted world-view, in a weird sense that is his/her/<pronoun>/ right to have and hold that weird opinion or worldview - regardless how much it contradicts reality, science and truth.
So, as long as people can claim that they really believe it, they can get away with lies and nonsense.

The news organizations have another avenue of defense: They can just declares that certain segments of their news programming are entertainment, not news. So lies and distortions are OK - its all just entertainment.

Which is exactly why the first thing I did was change my Powerwalls to something other than "self powered". The technician installing them didn't know that there is a 10% loss round trip. FPL doesn't have TOU, so it makes no sense to me to be cycling my batteries every night and also losing 10% extra.
I know Tesla has a huge shortage of batteries for Powerwalls, but I find this very concerning. There are thousands of people like me that already have solar and want to add backup power, and Tesla is/was the best choice out there. With Tesla out of the game, I have been looking at alternatives for a friend, but they are either a lot more expensive (Sunpower), or you have to use their inverters (Generac). I hope someone else steps in to fill the void they are leaving.
It’s quite possible that Tesla changes their mind down the road because that happens all the time. If there’s enough public outcry from people like you mention (and Elon hears about it) or Tesla is able to get to a better battery production state or whatever.

• Informative
Reactions: floydboy
Marvin Quotes (13 quotes) - Goodreads › quotes › tag › marvin

Ahahaha, u mean the SP action? This is some big whales soaking up all those sweet discounts from wedgies, til their all dried up. Then step up the SP, rinse and repeat.

Good on 'em. ;)

Marvin Quotes (13 quotes) - Goodreads › quotes › tag › marvin

Ahahaha, u mean the SP action? This is some big whales soaking up all those sweet discounts from wedgies, til their all dried up. Then step up the SP, rinse and repeat.

Good on 'em. ;)
EVEN WORSE...marvin refers to a left HAND side!

Problem is: loopholes. So, if the journalist is really incompetent and/or suffers from untrue and tilted world-view, in a weird sense that is his/her/<pronoun>/ right to have and hold that weird opinion or worldview - regardless how much it contradicts reality, science and truth.
So, as long as people can claim that they really believe it, they can get away with lies and nonsense.

The news organizations have another avenue of defense: They can just declares that certain segments of their news programming are entertainment, not news. So lies and distortions are OK - its all just entertainment.
At what point is it considered slander?

It sends a lot more than a few bits of data. It sends all the info regarding the crash it has (GPS coordinates, rate of speed, pressure sensors activated in the car and how much each passenger weighs, if and which foot pedals were pressed and how much, battery status details galore, etc.). It's a virtual treasure-trove of information.

EDIT - and video of all cameras about 20s before the crash through the event. Almost left that part out. This, however, takes longest to send and is the part most at risk of getting cut off if the damage to the car is too extensive or cellular signal is garbage.
Hmm - I don’t think I like Tesla knowing how much I weigh. *puts down Twinkie 🤬*

"DARPA ROCKS!"
- every recreational vehicle and/or cybernotatruck bum/vagabond when they set up camp for the night

Not good, I guess the seat sensor may not be a thing?

TSLA has been rising nicely since the start of the climate conference.
Indeed, but with nearly 16k open interest at $750 this week, might be a struggle to progress much higher - whatever, will be a fascinating couple of days of ticker watching
You're about to sell me some more options, aren't you?
He's always buying them, not selling...

Look at the EV stocks, all green, except one, quelle surprise!

1619104616371.png