Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure.
Tell President Camacho hi.

5830794_3.jpg

Could June 3 also be the date for annual shareholders meeting?

No. I think they have to provide much more notice than that. (At least a month?)

Chron: Shareholder Meeting Requirements

Excerpt:

Most states require notice of any shareholder meeting be mailed to all shareholders at least 10 days prior to the meeting.

Delaware (where Tesla is incorporated): Delaware Code Online

Excerpt:

In order that the corporation may determine the stockholders entitled to notice of any meeting of stockholders or any adjournment thereof, the board of directors may fix a record date, which record date shall not precede the date upon which the resolution fixing the record date is adopted by the board of directors, and which record date shall not be more than 60 nor less than 10 days before the date of such meeting.

Last edited:
I've been reading wiki on this Dilemma, it's so clear now thanks. So the dilemma is with the Incumbent Engineer trying to squeeze innovation out of existing technology were there is little to be gain on top of the S-Curve.

But why can't a company, with cash, recognize this dilemma and set aside money and time, separate budgets, NRE type stuff? Sure it bites into their margins, but can't they sell that alternative as the only way out? Set a 5 yr horizon with small wins along the way?

Or are the incumbent shareholders just shallow because they don't believe there is an issue at hand? Plus, I don't know how many times someone in their early 60's or higher would say to me "Who cares, I won't be around for this whole mess anyway." So maybe the some of the larger more elderly investors just prefer to ride it out.
Best way is to get the young, oddballs, high achievers, passionate people & put them in an independent skunkworks - ideally a separate company, but as much separation as you can. Better to eat yourself than let someone else do it.

Yeah it's at 589. We got pretty close to it near the end of the day before pulling back a bit, but I'm not really considering that a test yet. Should be interesting to see if we can break through that tomorrow though
Done.
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.05.50 PM.png

And Telsa.ca (Canada) is still active for me now so if any changes to Tesla's web pages perhaps only US content.

CA mandate 90% of ride sharing miles to be electric by 2030.
This is to replace almost the entire ride sharing fleet by that time, so it’s harder than mandating new additions to be EV which would happen naturally.

Might not be big enough to move the EV market by much, but it’s sending a good signal, and setting a good example.

Is is about range.

It depends on the chemistry choice, but batteries die based on what fraction of their full range is used daily and how much time they spend away from 50% charge.
Small in range battery.

Not to beat this with a stick... but the range on the shorter range F-150 is slightly longer than the shortest range model 3 (the SR) and pretty near the next shortest (SR+) and the longer range F-150 range is within a few miles of the original AWD LR model 3 and Performance Model 3.

And both are longer than the earliest Model Ses, and fairly close to ones sold as recently as a couple of years ago.

Hell the LR F-150 is longer range than nearly every non-Tesla EV currently sold in the US, and even the short range one is about average among them.

The efficiency on the F-150 is horrendously bad compared to Tesla, it's why they need so much LARGER batteries to get range comparable to Teslas offerings... but it's not crazy low range or anything compared to what else is out there.

Guys/Gals,
Tesla will win and transform transportation to sustainable energy, but it won't be won overnight. A very good friend of mine and gear head (owns 20 cylinders) just sent me this Youtube link:
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 4 Exhaust Modes

him: "Unfortunately no EV sounds so sweet like a ice mustang."

me: "Let me fix that for you: UnFortunately no EV sounds, so sweet, unlike a ice mustang."

Crazy to us, I know, however my friend is not alone. Note this video was viewed 5.8m times. Agas! now 5.8m + 1.

Guys/Gals,
Tesla will win and transform transportation to sustainable energy, but it won't be won overnight. A very good friend of mine and gear head (owns 20 cylinders) just sent me this Youtube link:

me: "Let me fix that for you: UnFortunately no EV sounds, so sweet, unlike a ice mustang."

Crazy to us, I know, however my friend is not alone. Note this video was viewed 5.8m times. Agas! now 5.8m + 1.
I’m feeling like it won’t be long before it’s no longer en vogue to have loud cars. When silent cars become an order of magnitude faster than a cost equivalent ICE car, I think the narrative will shift.

When I was in high school I worked in an exhaust shop; the bulk of people who came in for exhaust systems said they wanted it for the fuel savings and increased power, and were often disappointed with the results; sometimes even returning to complain about how noisy it was.
Tesla has replaced that look at me noise, with incredible audio performance and I think it is a shift in mindset. Just an opinion tho. I’m sure some would argue this.

I’m feeling like it won’t be long before it’s no longer en vogue to have loud cars. When silent cars become an order of magnitude faster than a cost equivalent ICE car, I think the narrative will shift.

When I was in high school I worked in an exhaust shop; the bulk of people who came in for exhaust systems said they wanted it for the fuel savings and increased power, and were often disappointed with the results; sometimes even returning to complain about how noisy it was.
Tesla has replaced that look at me noise, with incredible audio performance and I think it is a shift in mindset. Just an opinion tho. I’m sure some would argue this.
@FireMedic, I agree. I sent my friend a follow up email, we Spartan.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.56.57 PM.png

For anyone that’s worried about Ford eating away Tesla demand for Cybertruck or wants to watch a Twitter poll go hilariously wrong......
If you can’t see the results, over 6k votes with over 80% going for Tesla. Also bear in mind Lora has blocked hundreds, if not thousands of Tesla fan Twitter accounts who can’t vote and this is less than 24 hrs after the Ford reveal when interest will be the highest

For anyone that’s worried about Ford eating away Tesla demand for Cybertruck or wants to watch a Twitter poll go hilariously wrong......
If you can’t see the results, over 6k votes with over 80% going for Tesla. Also bear in mind Lora has blocked hundreds, if not thousands of Tesla fan Twitter accounts who can’t vote and this is less than 24 hrs after the Ford reveal when interest will be the highest
Yup, just voted. Shocking results, TBH.
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.15.03 PM.png

An often meaningful Fibonacci support level appears after a decline of 38.2%. Based on TSLA’s all-time intraday high on January 25 of $900.40, that would be at $556.48. Based on TSLA’s all-time closing high on January 26 of $883.09, that would be at $545.78. The TSLA low so far today was $546.98.

That Fibonacci level appears to have been confirmed as supportive today. I'd like to see continuation tomorrow.

The real bear in mind is that this is with Ford misleading the public its real price.

Guys/Gals,

In the 21st century - "silence is the new loud"