Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recognise that I am taking on the mantle of Canute, but the posts about the Ford Lightning are now in the realms of a discussion of trucks and are no longer relevant to this Tesla Investor Thread.

Please make your F150 posts in another thread.

SP performance yesterday and in premarket may be showing the green shoots of the change of sentiment that we have all been hoping for, refresh S production seems to have restarted, deliveries start in under 2 weeks. Berlin and Austin keep moving forward and pure vision autopilot should be being pushed out in the US anytime now as a prelude to beta V9. We have lots of relevant stuff to post about. :)

Guys/Gals,
Tesla will win and transform transportation to sustainable energy, but it won't be won overnight. A very good friend of mine and gear head (owns 20 cylinders) just sent me this Youtube link:
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 4 Exhaust Modes

him: "Unfortunately no EV sounds so sweet like a ice mustang."

me: "Let me fix that for you: UnFortunately no EV sounds, so sweet, unlike a ice mustang."

Crazy to us, I know, however my friend is not alone. Note this video was viewed 5.8m times. Agas! now 5.8m + 1.
Oddly, I prefer this.

Coconut horse

Last edited:
BOA reason given is share dilution on more cap raise :)
They follow the sell low buy high strategy:
1621596078316.png

Clearly their expert analyst new price targets should move the stock!

... by the end of Q3 Tesla should be pushing ATHs again.
I'd say Q4 or early 2022 - whenever Austin and Berlin start pumping out inventory, including ground-breaking Cybertruck and new casting Model Y. I think that's way more significant financially than Roadster speed or crypto distractions.

Last edited:
Soi, do you think I should close those out so my 625's stand a chance ?
Screenshot_20210521_132418.png

Reading in my tea-leaves:
I would think everything below 580 is written off. Everything above 800 is written off as well.
if you stack the 800/750/700/650-puts they MAY cancel out the 600 calls yielding a closing between 600-650.
My bet would be on 620 if we don't get exceptional macros & 599 if we get only minor (manipulatable) volume.
Unwinding of those capping should then be on monday.

But well.. i was very wrong in the past.. so this is all just speculation & you should use your own reasoning for any trades you want to do.

Investors, take notice. The roadster has just been confirmed by EM to do 0-60 in 1.1 seconds (w/ SpaceX option). Not only is this beyond insane, but the ”competition” was beaten at almost double that time (Plaid MS is world’s fastest production car @1.9sec). The competition has been caught “flat footed” by definition here. Utterly. They’ll all have to go back to the drawing board (and likely copy Tesla). This wasn’t even “announced”.

Now, imagine what else Tesla has under wraps....
I wonder if the 1.1 is a calculated estimate? Or if they already have a SpaceX-powered prototype?!?
:cool:

View attachment 664571
Reading in my tea-leaves:
I would think everything below 580 is written off. Everything above 800 is written off as well.
if you stack the 800/750/700/650-puts they MAY cancel out the 600 calls yielding a closing between 600-650.
My bet would be on 620 if we don't get exceptional macros & 599 if we get only minor (manipulatable) volume.
Unwinding of those capping should then be on monday.

But well.. i was very wrong in the past.. so this is all just speculation & you should use your own reasoning for any trades you want to do.

Thanks for starting this discussion. Today is a big Options expiry day, with over 700K open interest as of 7 a.m. Max Pain is at 600, and that is also the strike price for the Max no. of open Call contracts. With this setup, we can expect MMs to be highly motivated to keep the SP near 600 today (doubtless BoA is one of those MMs) :p

Here's the whole picture:

Options.MaxPain.2021-05-21.07-00.png

Cheers!

I wonder if the 1.1 is a calculated estimate? Or if they already have a SpaceX-powered prototype?!?
:cool:
Unlikely they've been testing a 'rocket-roadster' undetected. You'd be able to hear it at LAX (above the noise of a 747 at TO/GA power). Also, should set off earthquake detectors in SFO. And the car alarms in DCA. :p

Cheers!

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated May 21, 2021 08:04 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$598.22 +11.44 (+1.95%)
Pre-Market Volume483,375
Pre-Market High$604.71 (05:42:07 AM)
Pre-Market Low$590 (04:00:14 AM)

TSLA.2021-05-21.08-00.png

Strong volume in the Pre-Market so far (480K by 8:00 a.m. EDT). Looks like it'll be a busy day. GLTA!

Cheers!