Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit OT but moderately relevant.... family friend is GM for a Ford dealership. He has mentioned on many occasions the amount of F150's he sells to high net worth individuals who are seeking to "blend" in or not show off.
Most of the time they do not look at or test drive the trucks first, just have an assistant pick it up or it dropped off.
These are the highest trim available and usually around $80k plus.
They can not get enough of them, ever. This is going back about 5 years and it is a very good market for Ford. I am excited for Ford to sell as many of the electric F150's they can make to further the mission.
Cheers

A bit OT but moderately relevant.... family friend is GM for a Ford dealership. He has mentioned on many occasions the amount of F150's he sells to high net worth individuals who are seeking to "blend" in or not show off.
Most of the time they do not look at or test drive the trucks first, just have an assistant pick it up or it dropped off.
These are the highest trim available and usually around $80k plus.
They can not get enough of them, ever. This is going back about 5 years and it is a very good market for Ford. I am excited for Ford to sell as many of the electric F150's they can make to further the mission.
Cheers
I hadn't considered that.

CT is not great for not standing out in.

1621601258580.png

These guys are such chancers I don't know how anyone takes them seriously.
It was only 11th January when they upped their PT to 900. At the time the SP was 811, so an upside then of 11%
Four months later they reduce the PT to 700 when the SP is 586, an upside of 19%.
So for an investor making a buy decision now, the new PT is more compelling than the one in January.
Before they are let loose, do these analysts have to take a course on how to tie themselves in knots?

My overall feeling regarding the F150 is very positive. I do not think it is much of a BEV, but it is a BEV! It will have a market, people will buy it, there will be less ICE cars on the road and I hope Ford actually plans to ramp the volume, although I doubt that.

More than anything, this is yet another victory for the mission! A trend that now appears overwhelming and inevitable now thanks to Tesla, Elon, and the people like us on this board from the past and in the present, many of whom voted with their wallets sight unseen with both product and stock purchases and have been amply rewarded on all counts!

I do have a question though... the F150 is said to have a 150kwh battery. Is Ford actually planning to make money on these things at all? Isn’t every sale a loser, regulatory credits aside? The cost on their batteries has got to be close to twice that of Tesla. Does anyone see Ford turning a profit on these in the near future?

What a tough slog for these OEMs! I wonder how many will actually make it....

These guys are such chancers I don't know how anyone takes them seriously.
It was only 11th January when they upped their PT to 900. At the time the SP was 811, so an upside then of 11%
Four months later they reduce the PT to 700 when the SP is 586, an upside of 19%.
So for an investor making a buy decision now, the new PT is more compelling than the one in January.
Before they are let loose, do these analysts have to take a course on how to tie themselves in knots?

Lol, it's got zero to do with any of that. BoM is a market maker, and likely stands to lose big time if the SP goes much above $600 (MaxPain, and the strike price w.highest no. of open Call contracts).

This is a desparate, last-ditch, hail-mary. Now, let's see that quarter-back get sacked. :p

Cheers!

...question...does Tesla use Starlink for anything (products, services, operations) right now?

Why would they? Generally corporate locations are in places where faster, more reliable service is available.

Starlink is a godsend for folks in remote/rural locations where their best options are garbage geosync sats or hilariously slow DSL (I'm waiting for it pretty badly myself for that reason)-- but it makes little sense in denser urban areas both for sky visibility and because there's fiber/cable/etc options available there.

Reactions: gabeincal
Lol, it's got zero to do with any of that. BoM is a market maker, and likely stands to lose big time if the SP goes much above $600 (MaxPain, and the strike price w.highest no. of open Call contracts).

This is a desparate, last-ditch, hail-mary. Now, let's see that quarter-back get sacked. :p

Cheers!
If these guys were any good at this they would have downgraded when Tesla was testing support levels for maximum effect. It is so obvious this is some sort of panic move now. So far market does not care at all.

Why would they? Generally corporate locations are in places where faster, more reliable service is available.

Starlink is a godsend for folks in remote/rural locations where their best options are garbage geosync sats or hilariously slow DSL (I'm waiting for it pretty badly myself for that reason)-- but it makes little sense in denser urban areas both for sky visibility and because there's fiber/cable/etc options available there.
Starlink is aimed at businesses where low latency gives an advantage, so transatlantic business connections, for example, regardless of existing speeds.

If these guys were any good at this they would have downgraded when Tesla was testing support levels for maximum effect. It is so obvious this is some sort of panic move now. So far market does not care at all.
Don't agree that the market doesn't care - was trading $603 in pre-pre-market, this PT drop put that in reverse IMO

Which was, of course, the whole point

They're such a bunch of crooks...

My overall feeling regarding the F150 is very positive. I do not think it is much of a BEV, but it is a BEV! It will have a market, people will buy it, there will be less ICE cars on the road and I hope Ford actually plans to ramp the volume, although I doubt that.

More than anything, this is yet another victory for the mission! A trend that now appears overwhelming and inevitable now thanks to Tesla, Elon, and the people like us on this board from the past and in the present, many of whom voted with their wallets sight unseen with both product and stock purchases and have been amply rewarded on all counts!

I do have a question though... the F150 is said to have a 150kwh battery. Is Ford actually planning to make money on these things at all? Isn’t every sale a loser, regulatory credits aside? The cost on their batteries has got to be close to twice that of Tesla. Does anyone see Ford turning a profit on these in the near future?

What a tough slog for these OEMs! I wonder how many will actually make it....
That's the most sketchy, guarded "I'm happy for Ford! This is good news, everybody. No really. (Like hell they can ever pull it off, nobody can compete with Tesla!)" I've heard...
😅

Last edited: