Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I interpret it as to where the next set of factories are going to
start construction next.

Well, Giga Oshawa? I doubt it, but maybe a nickle mine in Sudbury?

Another US Giga? Well there's 4 sq miles of land in Tesla's bundle near Austin, so I'm assuming the Y, CT, Semi, possibly the 3, and a North American version of the Model 2 go up there, in order.

Mexico? I'll ask for advice from our members about how this could work for Tesla. TIA.

Is the South American market large enough to justify its own Giga? And of course Giga India has been the subject of speculation for some time. Would the above interpretion of the cyrptic 3 word tweet imply India comes later?

Cheers!

If they were going to make another US gigafactory it'd only make sense to put it east of the Mississippi.

North gets handled by a Canada location eventually.

South is already covered by Fremont/Sparks + Texas.

That just leaves East. No reason to put it on the coast since you have Fremont/Germany/China all shipping cars so the East location should be between the Mississippi river and the Appalachian mountains but not on the gulf shore or the Canadian border. That's Tennessee and Kentucky or any town just over the border from those two states.

The closer you get to the Missipi the greater the risk for earthqakes and tornados, the closer you get to the gulf or the atlantic the greater the risk for hurricanes. Take the TVA map and chop off the lower Mississippi portion and add the rest of Kentucky and you have a decent search zone.

1622785462337.png

but really I don't see a need for another gigafactory in the US yet. Just saying if they are going to do one it should be in that part of the US.

Last edited:
lol what the hell are people expecting in that video from a hard rain in an area that’s openly exposed to the elements and has the slope of the roof drop into the area....since it’s not finished. If anyone has watched the daily gigs Texas videos, you know exactly where that area is and it standing water after every rain storm....and yet they’re still pumping out castings.

it’s not flooding....it’s just an unfinished area of the factory exposed to elements. Did people in Reddit become idiots all of a sudden?

Why didn’t this news from Korea get picked up today by Reuters, etc. ... oh it’s positive Tesla news, never mind.

From the article:

"According to market tracker CarIsYou, 3,461 Y vehicles were newly registered with local authorities that month (May 2021)"​

That sounds like 2 ship loads of Models Y. And that figure only included paid, delivered, and registered cars, so could be slightly higher for "deliveries" counting in Q2.

Cheers!

Tweets from @Ray4Tesla with different numbers than yesterday’s “news”-
“Disclaimer: the following numbers are what I just heard. Highly speculative until confirmed. If turned out to be wrong, don’t shoot the messenger😂

45k MIC Model 3/Y units produced in May, including 20k delivered & 25k exported. Prod capacity for export has been booked til July.”

“A second source has the May production # pegged at 44235 units (8757 units more than the peak number in March).

Giga Shanghai is operating at full speed as evidenced by recent videos from @bentv_sh & the 2nd shift for Y production line was added in late April.”

Tweets from @Ray4Tesla with different numbers than yesterday’s “news”-
“Disclaimer: the following numbers are what I just heard. Highly speculative until confirmed. If turned out to be wrong, don’t shoot the messenger😂

45k MIC Model 3/Y units produced in May, including 20k delivered & 25k exported. Prod capacity for export has been booked til July.”

“A second source has the May production # pegged at 44235 units (8757 units more than the peak number in March).

Giga Shanghai is operating at full speed as evidenced by recent videos from @bentv_sh & the 2nd shift for Y production line was added in late April.”

I’m a pretty big bull.....but 44k production for May sounds very high.

I've noticed a lot of the negative Tesla hit pieces have been coming from the Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, Barron's and Marketwatch. It just so happens all are owned by Rupert Murdock, with a net worth of 22.7 billion. His media empire also includes Dow Jones and Company and Fox. He also has close business ties with CNBC. Lessor known is that this media empire had it's beginnings in 1922 with the desire to spread propaganda in Australia for business purposes. You can read more about the sordid tale of the news empire founded on misinformation here:

Murdoch also has considerable fossil fuel holdings so I'm not so sure we even need to look to short-sellers to explain the recent FUD emanating from his empire built on lies. For all we know, he might have a large short position himself!
Well that's the benefit of having James, Rupert's son on the board... :rolleyes:

I’m a pretty big bull.....but 44k production for May sounds very high.

A total May production of 44k to 45k would be huge. March and April hold the record with about 31k each (source: Rob Maurer’s video of yesterday). Rob predicted May production of about 39k (and 40k for the current month).

A total May production of 44k to 45k would be huge. March and April hold the record with about 31k each. Rob Maurer in his video yesterday predicted May production of about 39k (and 40k for the current month).
It would be massive and put breaking 50k for June on the table. Would ensure a total P/D of well over 215k for Q1. Maybe even as high as 225k depending on if Fremont ramped a bit more