Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Duuuuudes. They just lowered the range on the Model S variants. I was looking to consider converting and it changed while I was checking it out. Damn, I guess they couldn’t get that battery back to where they wanted it after all.

It was 390 and 412. Maybe they just got the EPA figures back?
View attachment 669388
Dude, where’s my range?

Duuuuudes. They just lowered the range on the Model S variants. I was looking to consider converting and it changed while I was checking it out. Damn, I guess they couldn’t get that battery back to where they wanted it after all.

You have the 21" selected, chill out

Nope, no change. You just changed to the 21" wheels which have less range.

Just placed an order for our 8th Tesla since 2013. Long Range Model Y with 20 inch wheels. Paying cash (no financing). Delivery estimate is 9-13 weeks!!! Before ordering it said 2-12 weeks. Gordon is right, there is clearly NO demand....
Wife & I had a Model Y test drive today, and it convinced us that 3 years with our beloved Model 3 was coming to an end. Wish we could keep both, but probably not going to happen.

Model Y is a most amazing car. o_O September delivery confirmed...

(X on the screen in the background is from the wall monitor at the Tesla showroom)

EDIT; Life is short people. Time to get a move on. ;)

1622773191479.jpeg

Last edited:
One more thought on this China FUD, I have not seen mentioned.
It's June 3, anyone with Net Orders for May would also have Deliveries for May. Why leak lousy Net Orders and not Deliveries? One reason....Net Orders can never be confirmed...it's not reported. Any FUD on Deliveries would have been quickly debunked when reported a week from now.

Last edited:
Advertising is pointless at this point but a PR department fighting FUD with facts in a timely manner might be helpful.
Get 4 or 5 people together here to work on official TMC press releases for each massive scandal. Would be just as effective and the work is already being done here.

On the softening demand front…

While driving back from New Hampshire today I got a call from a number I didn’t recognize. The only time I pick up is if it’s Las Vegas or Fremont. This time it was someone from Fremont who tried to talk me into converting my Plaid+ order to a Plaid. They said if I did I would be able to keep the $8k FSD price and be able to take delivery this month or next. I had heard about people getting these calls, today was my day. I’m based in NY so this isn’t a close to Fremont delivery efficiency thing. Personally I told him I’m going to wait to see how it drives as I love the handling of my 3 and hated the “old” S. If it’s closer to the 3, maybe. If not I’ll probably just wait for the Roadster.

Considering talk of Austin building 4680 Ys late this year I doubt Plaid+ will be middle 2020. IMHO they screwed this one up. I long said the price between Plaid and Plaid+ was way too close. If you’re crazy enough to think you need more than the base S then you’re crazy enough to go all the way for the superior tech and faster ride. First step is they raised the price $10k on the Plaid+, now they grayed it out so you can’t even order it. I could see them having strong demand for the base S but clearly they’re having an issue getting demand to meet supply on the Plaid. Hopefully once it launches that will change.

ps Will someone please tell me what Saywer Merrit leaked last weekend that pissed off the Tesla Twitter community? I was out putting 1000 miles on my 3 so I missed it. Thanks!
I ordered Plaid+ very recently, so am I more special than you because I got the phone call from Fremont yesterday?

Fremont guy asked if I heard about the Plaid availability? I said "Of course!" and I said I was expecting a call about downgrading to a Plaid. I asked if this was Elon but he repeated his name was Xxxx..., "Oh if Elon called I would have said Yes immediately!". He had his best salesman pants on and tried really hard to convince me to convert to a Plaid but failed because he wasn't Elon.

Fremont guy said battery charging is faster now than last gen S saying it will be 250kW even on the 350mi battery, so charging times would be decreased versus before. Guess that's news to me.

Also said it would be ready for delivery in June.

Mr. Musk didn't jump on the line.

Protip for supporting the stock if scared on a dip:

Buy 100 Shares
Sell 1 Call

Bought 100 Shares @ 585.04
Sold JUN 10 600 Call @ 11.54
Net Debit: 573.50

Good outcomes: By end of JUN 10 - Tesla > 573.50 up to infinity is fine.

Bad outcomes: End of JUN 10, Tesla below 573.50 - sell a 573.50 call or greater for any price you are willing to sell shares at.

While all this is happening, the good guys are in control of 100 more chairs.
Better idea:

Don't be scared on the dip.

I really hope Tesla sold its Bitcoin holding if Elon’s last tweet is anything to go by. There is zero reason to own the really crappy power sucking POS (“hedge against inflation“ lol - fell 50% off its high, real good hedge that is /s)

Would be frieken stupid to have Tesla take a Q2, 1 bil loss in crypto when Elon has the power to control what price it is when they buy and sell.

🤣

I'm not invested with more than I can lose in crypto but I can feel lots out there are like this:
1622774766040.png

TSLA needs pump, not more volatility right now.

Wife & I had a Model Y test drive today, and it convinced us that 3 years with our beloved Model 3 was coming to an end. Wish we could keep both, but probably not going to happen.

Model Y is a most amazing car. o_O September delivery confirmed...

(X on the screen in the background is from the wall monitor at the Tesla showroom)

EDIT; Life is short people. Time to get a move on. ;)

View attachment 669395

So...you ordered a Tesla at a dealership? Weirdo.

Yep, that’s why you hire out the job. It would be foolish to have EM do it. Or you can make a conscious decision to let the FUD become the exclusive tool of the shorts until consumer consensus overpowers well funded media influencers and then all‘s well.
I honestly believe what happened was he tried hiring out PR and it was not easy to find someone who "got it". His conclusion was no PR was more advantageous than "normal" PR.

Really. As others have said, it all comes out in the wash.