Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The U.S. economy added 559,000 jobs in May, the Labor Department said on Friday. The number came in slightly lower than an estimate of 671,000 from economists surveyed by Dow Jones, but still showed a healthy rebound in the labor market as it’s up from a disappointing 266,000 payrolls added in April

Treasury is down a bit, so maybe it is keeping inflation fears in check as well.

Found this video buried in the comments of a Dave Lee video. These guys seem plugged into China. They are discussing the potential problems Tesla faces in China. First issue is China stealing Tesla's IP, which they concede Elon does not care about. The bigger issue they focus on is the harassment Tesla drivers are facing from the state. The larger worry is China will eventually kick Tesla out. One common response I see is if this happens nobody else will want to do business in China. Who are some go-to sources for the the complicated relationship between Tesla and China to better understand the risks? Video cued up to the Tesla portion.

Found this video buried in the comments of a Dave Lee video. These guys seem plugged into China. They are discussing the potential problems Tesla faces in China. First issue is China stealing Tesla's IP, which they concede Elon does not care about. The bigger issue they focus on is the harassment Tesla drivers are facing from the state. The larger worry is China will eventually kick Tesla out. One common response I see is if this happens nobody else will want to do business in China. Who are some go-to sources for the the complicated relationship between Tesla and China to better understand the risks? Video cued up to the Tesla portion.

Has Apple been kicked out of China to make way for Huwei?

(+ Further has Huwei made big head way into Western markets as compared to Apple?
All about Brand recognition. If a top-notch, world leading brand ket's kicked out ... exports will decrease, local employment will decrease.
After that it could quickly get political with many tit-for tats)

(++ Isn't it better to have Tesla in China, and have a bigger goal of taking over Japan auto in long term view)

Last edited:

the concerns are utterly ridiculous and ignorant. China is an economic global superpower, not a rinky-dink backwoods dictatorship. Countless foreign companies do legitimate business there every day of every year. Trillions of dollars flow to and from their shores. They WANT Tesla there. This is the epitome of baseless and empty FUD.

Only two ships left Shanghai in May...just saying
The 2 ships you mention are only ships to Europe. There were 2 ships to Australia from Shanghai in May and it's possible the ship TOKYO CAR that went from Shanghai to SK had Tesla's on it. It is more difficult to track ships from Shanghai than it is for Fremont. For Fremont, we know that any ship arriving at Pier 80 is for Tesla. At Shanghai, several manufacturers use the Port. There could have been more ships from Shanghai to Asia Pacific that we cannot track.
1622814914512.png

Strong start to the day makes the idea of the 200 DMA to be in play in the 600s plausible.

Going into MMD, let’s see what the MM can do. Market seems to be paying attention to counter numbers out of China.

Outlier chance of FOMO kicking in for event next week going into the afternoon. We could use a 50 point up to make up for the BS 30 point down yesterday. 😉

I have been following Tesla and Tesla stock for 5 years probably spending an hour or more everyday watching it and reading and here is what I have learned...

Thieves and crooks control everything. they control the media they control the banks they control the money they control our elected officials they control the stock market They've completely taken over.

Can we just back up a minute to the numbers Ray tweeted (~44K production in Shanghai)?

While the various "China demand" stories on sales are interesting data points we should watch over time, production is the important number, not local sales. And 44K would be most impressive.

That would put a 220K+ production Q2 within reach, and a 400K first half. Maintaining just that run rate puts a floor of about 900K for the year -- without Austin or Berlin.

In the screenshot from Rob's video the other day below, he backs into quarterly numbers by trying to determine weekly production rate. His methodology gets to 38K in Shanghai for May, and 211K company-wide for the quarter. That's about what @The Accountant had in his delivery estimate, too, if I remember (210K?). At least that production number may be pretty conservative, and perhaps the delivery one, too, if they don't build up much inventory (it's extremely low right now, about 8 days).

And Shanghai may ramp further in June, making 220K conservative, too, assuming Fremont at least maintains its course.

In any case, if Ray's numbers are even close, it just continues the validation of Tesla's acceleration up the S-curve of manufacturing prowess.

1622813877234.png

I'm so glad we're past S&P inclusion and volatility is finally under control!

So I guess these automated MM shenanigans somewhat make sense? Scare the living bejesus out of everyone, wipe out all post-1Q call value, then let it wiggle up toward(but not over!) $700 for the big pile of $700/$800/$900 calls expiring June 18th.

"Market making".

I have been following Tesla and Tesla stock for 5 years probably spending an hour or more everyday watching it and reading and here is what I have learned...

Thieves and crooks control everything. they control the media they control the banks they control the money they control our elected officials they control the stock market They've completely taken over.
Which is why short of being one of the said crooks, hodl is the only answer.

Peak scarcity is an ugly thing, but considering this is the bottom, it's not all that horrendous. Transparency and renewable sustainability are taking us to a much better place.....and quite soon!

Yup, short term they can win.
But they don't control the obvious. EV are gonna disrupt ICE.