Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If indeed there will be another NA factory or more in the next year there are more considerations than geographical proximity.
Mexico production has preferential access to Mercosur. The largest single market Tesla does not yet serve is Brazil, and Mexico could export also to Chile and Argentina. All three have economic and political issues now so probably anything larger than a Tilburg-style assembly operation isn’t immediately logical. OTOH even in current disarray Mercosur could absorb >5,000 3 &Y per month. The constraint is mostly building out Supercharger networks in three very large countries with widely dispersed probable sales locations. Mexico does provide an easy transition point.

Both Mexico and Canada are obvious places for large factories even if for major components rather than GF. With Tesla growth some such developments are inevitable. It remains to be seen what may be happening in India and Russia. Indonesia still is in the discussion for battery supplies, perhaps more. It is logical to assume other Eastern Europe location will appear, often perhaps like those in the next paragraph.

It is clear than once Shanghai, Berlin and Austin are mature there will be much more factory developments in less massive facilities, often specialized, in many locations. From Superchargers, auto components to the full array of energy products some facilities will be located close to raw materials while others will be located to optimize trade rules including local content preferences.

We should recognize that Tesla is now reaching critical mass and thus will be entering dozens of now unserved markets In the 2022-2023 period. All those production facilities will be happening, but chances are many still will be weighted towards logistics and cost reduction, including duties and other taxes.

lol what the hell are people expecting in that video from a hard rain in an area that’s openly exposed to the elements and has the slope of the roof drop into the area....since it’s not finished. If anyone has watched the daily gigs Texas videos, you know exactly where that area is and it standing water after every rain storm....and yet they’re still pumping out castings.

it’s not flooding....it’s just an unfinished area of the factory exposed to elements. Did people in Reddit become idiots all of a sudden?
That's not the casting area. It's steel construction. Looks to be west of the paint shop by the Oxidizer plant.

Now that the roofing membrane is on, half of the west side sheds its water to this point..

Last edited:
I really hope Tesla sold its Bitcoin holding if Elon’s last tweet is anything to go by. There is zero reason to own the really crappy power sucking POS (“hedge against inflation“ lol - fell 50% off its high, real good hedge that is /s)
Be careful what you wish for, maybe they swapped into $DOGE 😅

Not Tesla, but the mission. Most people, outside of Tesla owners and TMC members, think that EVs are EVs just as ICE cars are not that different from one another. So every negative article reinforces their belief that EVs aren't something to look at for a long time. If people thought that EVs were the thing to get, they would hold of on any ICE purchases and sales would plummet rather than the slow erosion we're seeing now.
I agree with this.
I don't fear for my shares: I plan to sell them after 2030 anyway...
And Tesla the company is doing good nonetheless. Sure, it would be better for them not to have this problem, but they are not really affected at the moment because demand is much bigger than supply. It would be different if they were already in a more mature industry, but right now it's no big deal.

What worries me is that FUD has been ongoing for years.
If you want to write a completely negative articole on Musk or Tesla, you have countless articles and video as sources.
There is a whole literature, and it compounds.
So even neutral readers get convinced that Musk is evil and Tesla is an horrible working enviroment, produce unsafe cars that explodes and drive you against a wall, etc.
FUD is succeeding in slowing the mission.
In the words of Jack Rickard:
Let’s look at the oil business. Currently we are at 100 million barrels of oil used each day worldwide – 20 million here in the U.S. At $55 per barrel, that’s about $5.5 billion per day. That’s another $2 TRILLION world market business. As the percentage of all automobiles that are electric grows, the demand for oil will diminish. Fully 50% of all oil goes to road transport. That is $2.75 billion per day. And for every day that future is delayed, is another $2.75 billion. It would be a $2.75 billion win if the adoption of the electric car could be forestalled for ONE DAY. The incremental growth of the automotive market is as I stated, inevitable and unstoppable. But for every day it is delayed, there are BILLIONS of dollars at stake. Literally the clock is running at $1,909,722 per minute on just that part of oil used by automobiles.

The point is:
I don't really know if Tesla can do much about this.
If the LITERAL SON OF RUPERT MURDOCH IN THE BOARD cannot do much, I don't know who can.
I think that Elon and Tesla tried for years, than decided they wanted to focus in execution,
because as Elon says you are less vulnerable to FUD when you have a Tesla car under your ass.

So do what you can to advance the mission,
and then relax. FUD will be here for a long time.

A total May production of 44k to 45k would be huge. March and April hold the record with about 31k each (source: Rob Maurer’s video of yesterday). Rob predicted May production of about 39k (and 40k for the current month).
If that run rate is true we could be looking at a Q3 of 270k+ even with no Austin or Berlin and no further capacity growth in Fremont or Shanghai.

Enjoy the latest flyover. More S deliveries, a track resurface, and some zoom-in on Gigapress action.

Not extremely important to us investors, but it’s nice to see that Tesla decided to get the test track in shape again. Here are screenshots from your flyover yesterday and from the one five days earlier.

ED6AD930-0EB3-4ECC-9C1F-E944E6A9C6FB.jpeg

5E14D66C-53EB-4FAF-B20E-F2150803BD46.jpeg

07306E6D-C8B0-49A7-8459-E644C8C20A52.jpeg

175BEAA9-7908-499B-A4BB-C0036EC3B8E4.jpeg

Thank you for your videos. I’ll become a supporter through Patreon later today.

I wonder if I cracked Elon's latest tweet:

(C)anada
(U)SA
(M)exico

What Are Cum Rights?​

Cum rights (or "with" rights) allow a shareholder of record to subscribe to a rights offering declared by a company. Owners of shares that have cum rights are thus able to buy new shares in a secondary offering, typically at a price lower than the current market price of the shares in question. Furthermore, the rights themselves have value apart from the value of the existing shares.

Haven't digested it all yet but I think I'm getting it up faster than Blue Origin based on how cool it sounds.
Interesting, this could be the path to the StarLink offering for Tesla investors? Could Tesla merge equity standings into X via these rights? This could be the very interesting on a few levels.

I don't mean to appear unsympathetic to anyone who feels like they are hurting, but anyone hurting simply because TSLA is 35% off it's spectacular all-time high is doing it wrong.
Agreed.

The TSLA SP history is available for all to see. History shows you need a strong stomach with TSLA and honestly no one can predict when it will go on one of it's epic runs either way. Up or down. The trend is the right way and this is all that counts.

Tweets from @Ray4Tesla with different numbers than yesterday’s “news”-
“Disclaimer: the following numbers are what I just heard. Highly speculative until confirmed. If turned out to be wrong, don’t shoot the messenger😂

45k MIC Model 3/Y units produced in May, including 20k delivered & 25k exported. Prod capacity for export has been booked til July.”

“A second source has the May production # pegged at 44235 units (8757 units more than the peak number in March).

Giga Shanghai is operating at full speed as evidenced by recent videos from @bentv_sh & the 2nd shift for Y production line was added in late April.”

How can you export and deliver 100% of your production for the month? That doesn't seem right. Unless the numbers are coincidentally matched up like that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Skryll
I've noticed a lot of the negative Tesla hit pieces have been coming from the Wall Street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, Barron's and Marketwatch. It just so happens all are owned by Rupert Murdock, with a net worth of 22.7 billion. His media empire also includes Dow Jones and Company and Fox. He also has close business ties with CNBC. Lessor known is that this media empire had it's beginnings in 1922 with the desire to spread propaganda in Australia for business purposes. You can read more about the sordid tale of the news empire founded on misinformation here:

Murdoch also has considerable fossil fuel holdings so I'm not so sure we even need to look to short-sellers to explain the recent FUD emanating from his empire built on lies. For all we know, he might have a large short position himself!
James Murdoch is on the board of Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: friit and JusRelax
How can you export and deliver 100% of your production for the month? That doesn't seem right. Unless the numbers are coincidentally matched up like that.
Tesla Facts tweeted new numbers from a different source that closely matched the ones from a few hours earlier. His tweet with quote says sales within China excluding exports are up 88% MoM. Production 44K is up 46% MoM.