Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's bombard the Q2 2021 SAY question board with a question such as:

Would you consider a stock split this year to make the shares accessible to a wider group of investors?

Just the question alone my light a fire under the naked short sellers. Maybe we can get this to go viral on Twitter and get enough votes to get this answered.

View attachment 669216

I would rather leave the path open for Elon to surprise the naked shorts again. I really think Tesla management has this stuff under control regardless of how nervous some shareholders get during times like this.

Perhaps predicting a very satisfying SP motion.

Hmm, how do you infer that from his tweet reading:

Canada
USA
Mexico

I don't see a share price (SP?) connection in there.

To me, its possibly the regions for initial release of FSD Beta v9, but even then, this tweet doesn't appear to be in reply to another, so no context info there either.

Let us know what you're thinking. TIA. (fun, wot?)

Cheers!

Would be frieken stupid to have Tesla take a Q2, 1 bil loss in crypto when Elon has the power to control what price it is when they buy and sell.

Why would they take a $1 billion loss? If they sold all of their BTC before he made that announcement they would likely have more than a $200 million gain to report. It isn't like he would be just setting them on fire.

Hmm, how do you infer that from his tweet reading:

Canada
USA
Mexico

I don't see a share price (SP?) connection in there.

To me, its possibly the regions for initial release of FSD Beta v9, but even then, this tweet doesn't appear to be in reply to another, so no context info there either.

Let us know what you're thinking. TIA. (fun, wot?)

Cheers!
I interpret it as to where the next set of factories are going to
start construction next.

Not really....in fact it's probably the most logical explanation "IF" this source is correct.

Because the other explanation, as a I pointed out before, would be that Tesla's order rate was only 18k a month for the 3/Y for most of this year. And if that was the case.......then they would have completely run out of demand by mid March based on their production rates from Jan to now.

I don't even know what this discussion is about. Because I saw those reports and said "That's neither here nor there, it makes no sense, it's not credible enough to spend one minute reading it, this is something I don't need to consider because it doesn't rise to that status". I didn't even read them beyond the headline. Because I didn't need to. This is not sticking my head in the sand, it's saying there is nothing useful worth seeing here.

I recommend investors not go down the rabbit hole of rumors. Especially if the rumor doesn't seem to mesh with what you know through more reliable means. Always trust your intuition. Fake rumors are a dime a dozen. This is true even though occasionally a rumor like this might turn out to be correct. But less often than throwing a dart at a board.

I have a hard time believing that the FUD seems to still work or does it?; perhaps it is an illusion since there is a strong correlation with hit news pieces and shorting. I thought the SEC (1932) laws made this illegal although the laws and interpretation have been altered.

I'm sure the FUD helps soften the share price but it's primary purpose might be to help cover obvious manipulation by market makers. They need a reason the share price is going down so their activity doesn't stand out even more than it does. Wall Street is one big cesspool. The better you understand it, the more money you can make. This is just another way to say don't let their gyrations affect you.

The more of this FUD I see, the less I think it's big oil.

I think it's actually big money funds (hedge funds, MMs, etc) who pay the journalists to put out BS and lower the share price (at the expense of weak longs) so they can get in at a low level before running it up. Remember last time this happened? Tesla was at $100-something pre-split, then within 2 years it had increased 10x.

It's a tag team - they all get to pitch in in their own way.

I wonder if I cracked Elon's latest tweet:

(C)anada
(U)SA
(M)exico

What Are Cum Rights?​

Cum rights (or "with" rights) allow a shareholder of record to subscribe to a rights offering declared by a company. Owners of shares that have cum rights are thus able to buy new shares in a secondary offering, typically at a price lower than the current market price of the shares in question. Furthermore, the rights themselves have value apart from the value of the existing shares.

Haven't digested it all yet but I think I'm getting it up faster than Blue Origin based on how cool it sounds.