Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do realize why the P/E dropping to 300 is practically a shoe-in right? And what I mean when I say Q2 2020 skews Tesla's P/E to make it look higher than it really is? P/E is trailing 12 month P/E......it's why it's practically useless. Look at what happened on Q2 2020 earnings. You should really start paying attention to forward P/E to understand the company's that you're invested in.
Fair enough. Q2 2020 was not pretty. I understand why you think it is a shoe in then. It's not an overly bullish Q2 2021 but a fact that we are moving past Q2 2020.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tslynk67
Didn't we also learn recently that the Powerwalls were higher energy? Was that explained? They don't have motors, so hmmm. This is fishy to me, they seem related in time and without explanation for either. Any chance we have Tabless in production under conventional form factors? Not part of the frame yet. What other thing would deliver a step increase in energy all the sudden?
You just can't stop the uninformed speculation, can you? Elon said higher "power", not higher energy in recent powerwalls. If you have some evidence, please share it. The speculation just adds to the noise.

It doesn't help when Fred writes headlines like this ("capacity" is volume; "power" is rate)

Awe we now return to rocket roasters flying up on stage with elon...

:p

You just can't stop the uninformed speculation, can you? Elon said higher "power", not higher energy in recent powerwalls. If you have some evidence, please share it. The speculation just adds to the noise.

Awe we now return to rocket roasters flying up on stage with elon...

:p
My mistake, it is higher power in the Powerwalls. We were talking power curves correct? I think you`re helping with my case.

Tesla can hit 200+mph with a single speed gearbox! Take that, Porsche! Tesla's motor technology crushes all the traditional OEMs.

Interestingly I think the only company with motors competitive with Tesla is Lucid, which has gone to 230mph with a 1-speed gearbox. Lucid and Tesla hire each other's engineers so not surprising.
correct me if I’m wrong - in my opinion there is only Rimac and Tesla doing performance EV tech - Everything on the marked below 3,5s 0-60 is either Rimac or Tesla or is there anyone else?

Kia/Hyandai seem to do 3,5s cars now with the Ioniq5/ev6 as well - but no „flagship performance“ stuff there

Whole lot of Taycan owners around my neighborhood (there are a lot here) are going to be very sad & quiet when a new Model S pulls up next to them.

At least in the Bay Area I’ve seen a huge drop off for the M5, AMG, R6, Panameras over last couple of years because of P100Ds. In the last six months it seems like there has been a big uptick in Taycans.

At least they will still have a pretty car to look at.

US Pre-market slightly up
Screenshot 2021-06-11 100355.png

And THAT is exactly why Tesla hosted this event. This wasn't designed as a press or shareholder event, it was designed to launch the engineering marvel that is the Plaid Model S. And let it launch people. To people disappointed by the event or presentation style I totally understand it, but perhaps that's down to you for overhyping it in your mind. But it did its job - it made the vehicle official and not just some renderings or specs on a page.

Havent watched the event yet, but anything concerning the model S is no big deal. Its a tiny subset of tesla customers. All Tesla need to do is every few years have an update or event like this to remind people this one primitive subconscious message.

TESLAS GO REALLY FAST

Thats basically the shareholder-branding takeaway from the event. Its instead of running TV ads showing the cars going whoosh. From what I've read here, the cars did indeed go woosh a lot, so thats a good thing.

The actual real significant stuff comes in about 3 weeks when we get Q2 production/delivery numbers. This is the number that investors and wall street should care about.

correct me if I’m wrong - in my opinion there is only Rimac and Tesla doing performance EV tech - Everything on the marked below 3,5s 0-60 is either Rimac or Tesla or is there anyone else?

Kia/Hyandai seem to do 3,5s cars now with the Ioniq5/ev6 as well - but no „flagship performance“ stuff there

Lucid Air does 2.5 (projected 503 miles of EPA range) in their Dream Edition and 3.0(projected 517 miles of EPA range) in their GT trim. Both are dual motor. It is 900v+ architecture that can charge 300 miles in 20 minutes. So 350kW?

'22 or '23 a triple motor is coming.

Edit The Rivian pickup truck coming out next monthish does 0-60 in 3.0 seconds.

Last edited:
Tesla events are Elon's events, and this is not his best talent.
He just want to go on and on about amazing technical details - which are the ones that make these cars possible and amazing. Which are the ones that he and thousand other people spent months working on.
He's wired like that, and we should be the first to know.
Elon is not capable to do a conventional yada yada marketing event. He just can't. He's not an actor, has the wrong timing, goofy moves, etc.
Still, he's the CEO, has an ego and brain the size of Mars and do as he pleases. Until he delivers, totally ok for me as a shareholder.

Btw, more 4680 for Semis, apparently.
Remember the mission.

Where the H did all these whiners come from?
Last night was just as advertised.
I watched the run up on Rob Maurer's channel, he went to a twitters feed that had photos posted. He kept commenting on who he saw, people that I guess folks would consider influencers. Those people saw the car in person, sat in the car. Last night and this morning they were pumping that info out to their followers, now polishing up post production videos. Cars now going out and more are available this month!
This was the Tesla PR team at its best. Did you see GJ there last night? no, this was organized.

Master plan Deux intact. Whiners need to go back behind the door.