Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as I mentioned earlier, 3 wins in a row for first time since 1/22-1/26. Hopefully this is just the start of an extended rally that gets Team Tesla back to a winning record for the season. Over the last 10, the spread between high and low is about 50% less than the season average, and attendance has been about 25% lower.

Today
Score:623.33
Margin of W/L:6.73
Attendance:24,560,905
High - Low:16.55
Season
Record:56-60
Total margin of wins:1,130.89
Total margin of losses:-1,213.25
YTD gain/loss:-82.36-11.67%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:6-4
Streak:W3
Avg margin of victory:20.19
Avg margin of defeat:-20.22
Avg Attendance:27,678,938
Avg Attendance of Last 10:21,601,911
Avg High - Low:35.77
Avg H - L of Last 10:18.26

🎼In the desert, you can remember your name…

That thing is so cute. Looks like a factory, just smaller.
Maybe it’s a warehouse for hydrogen station equipment. Or a R&D facility for creating more CGI future products. The options are limitless.

Surely GM is well positioned with this investment. Really just a race between Nikola and Lordstown at this point.

/s

This^^^ 👆👆👌👋

This review reads exactly like I imagined a Plaid review ought to read. So nice to have it materialize. So rewarding to read about the non-relenting power, “It just. Doesn’t. Stop. Pulling.” (which matches the insane power curve shared during the delivery event). “You’d be a fool to race one of these, full stop.”…that’s true for most Teslas, but SO SO true for the Plaid. “And at $130k nobody has a chance. I feel vindicated. Elon and Tesla must too, only x100!
No, I'm pretty sure Elon feels vindicated, times two orders of magnitude.

Weekend OT: If you ever need to charge your car, just get someone to tow you on the freeway at 70mph. 😜

Tesla could offer this is an autonomous - charge while you drive supercharging service when the Cyber truck launches with FSD.

FSD = Full Supercharging while Driving.😁

you call out an autonomous CT to come tow and charge you while driving closer to your destination.

They could even catch up to you on the highway, pass you and autonomously link up a tow bar like fighter jet refueling, tow you to a full charge, and then peace out at the next exit.

Last edited:
Top Gear includes Model S yoke steering wheel as one of the top 9 reinventions of the steering wheel.

Ferrari picked up 2 honours which makes sense as they have had cars with turn signals and switches on the steering wheel, as well as the flat bottom wheels inspired by F1; for some time.

Cool to see these featured on the Tesla yoke now too, because they are really handy.

“Tesla's updated Model S has binned the top of the steering wheel, and left behind a squared-off aircraft yoke. Will it work in the real world where actual people live? Or is it designed for a world where cars no longer have to be steered by a human at all? Time will tell. We wouldn't put it past the latest Model S to do a loop-the-loop if you pull back hard enough on its aerospace-style control...”

Considering the rather rocky start to their relationship with Tesla during Roadster 1.0 days, it’s nice to see them including Tesla in the hallowed ground of top enthusiast brands, and acknowledging Tesla’s rightful place in the performance and innovation space.

Last edited:
The car industry is weird in some ways.

Why do we have some many makes, models and trim levels?

Why do we have year models?

Why do we have badge engineering?

A GM badge on a Mazda body, which may or may not have a GM engine transmission or some other part.
This isn't clearly spelt out, probably the intention is to confuse.

The customer has the illusion of choice, becuase the bottom line is, many of the offerings in each segment while in theory being different makes and models, are very similar.

I think the industry has done a good job of confusing customers, and many will remain confused.

The crunch comes when a carmaker doesn't have enough EVs to satisfy demand. A dealer may steer some customers into a final ICE purchase that the customer regrets. The customer will blame the dealer and the brand.

The playbook of wide choice in models is a distraction, batteries can only go into one car, the more models a carmaker has the more chance that they don't have the one the customer wants in inventory.

I am not predicting the future for carmakers beyond the odvious challenges. We don't know what mergers and bailouts will occur.

However, I can see a lot of things need to change, the old playbook and confusing the customer has peaked.
Offering a genuinely unique product with compelling features is harder.

Last edited:
Just proceeded with the Norbert’s Gambit yesterday, it was easier than expected with the rep at my online brockerage who knew it was DLR I wanted to adjourn to my USD margin account without me even telling him to. Seems to be frequent to them for Canadian investors who buy US stocks. Thanks for everyone who explained to me how to save an easy $1500 every time I want to cover some margin! Took a 2 min phone call to save $1500, that’s time efficient.

Jason Yang's latest video shows Tesla ripping up the staging area at GF3. Potentially additional buildings going up - but if that's the case then the staging area will start to get quite small.

1624101470089.png

Jason Yang's latest video shows Tesla ripping up the staging area at GF3. Potentially additional buildings going up - but if that's the case then the staging area will start to get quite small.

View attachment 675148
If they were to put buildings there wouldn't they just rip up the whole ground? Not just carefully working on those narrow lanes of other materials that I'm assuming helps drainage?

Looks more like now that the eastern road is open and they've switched the car loading 180 degrees to the other side of the lot they've got an opportunity to upgrade the ground area. I'm pretty sure they've done similar work on most of the lots some months ago.

After all if they are upping production they need more room, not less, to store cars before they are being transported. The second supercharger area they just built next to these transport lots indicates to me that they are not about to move this to some different area further away.

No, this is just a nationalism political talk, could have some local company behind it though,(HW comes to my mind automatically the moment I saw this)

In the end it would be the same result as previous push of PC OS, mobile phone OS, etc.

Some local companies take astronomical government subsidies to do “R&D” then release something no one would use, then government claims it as a win, then it’s all forgotten.

There will not be any mandate for anyone to use it, not even local companies, let alone foreign companies. Hello free trade!!!

Edit:
This is in the context of:
Wiki - Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable
I've seen this show for 30 years, this is how policy is made. Could it be a simple scam..maybe. Could it be the official announcement just as it was for Google? I'd put more money on it being like google. Google..which should be worth $250 billion more than they are, conservatively, if not for getting clubbed/beaten out of China. How much has GMs huge china commitment added to market cap? Virtually nada. GM was there from the get go, it still went bellyup, and now today they are mass producing electric cars for $5k. What has that done for market cap? Nothing. Why because there is no software train associated with it. Tesla is going to make margin via software. Any effort to "open source" anything associated with EVs is highly highly suspect and looks much more like IP theft than a sham R&D project.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Oh well Taycan, it was fun while it lasted....
rMOHXNi.png

All of that effort to slightly beat a 2017 P100 in some performance aspects only to lose handily a year later....

I think a lot of auto OEMs are going to have a hard time adjusting to Tesla's faster SV/tech development cycles, vs the auto OEM standard of "We can beat/match the current best then that will be enough to last us 5 years" pace they are used to... And Tesla hasn't even played the 4680 card yet!

Last edited:
Saw this recently published article in the EV1. If they understood the battery was the limiting factor why did they not continue when Lithium Ion became available?

From my experience in the auto industry there is little room for a business that cannot clearly make money on day 1. This is likely the reason it was killed.