Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's just crazy talk. o_O

Who would want to subject themselves to the tormenting regret of realizing how much that chair sale, therefore the Plaid, would cost over time?

Do you really want to be driving a million dollar Model S Plaid? ;)

Instead, use margin to buy it. 😏

Hah! Better than driving a $1.3M hybrid porch. :p

Cheers!

I don’t get the point. Seems like a meaningless metric to me. Like a record for longest balsa glider flight from top of Everest with a massive tailwind. What does it prove? Remember, I’m not too bright so it might beyond my feeble ability to understand higher level concepts.

you actually provided the exact wording to counter your logic...
People (The Buying Public) will NOT get the point. They will hear the "record" and it will be misinterpreted or become a worthy fact in their minds. Some will take that "record" and interpret it as , "I knew Tesla wasn't as good as a real car manufacturer. I am going to buy an electric car made by the car company I have always bought from."
And that is how PR/advertising works. They mind-screw the population to create falsehoods so they can sell something they are not.

I wonder how many are earmarked already to Tesla:

I am so close to another rage buy!:mad::mad::mad:

The experimental "C-P Brkpt" (computed from 7a.m. Max-Pain OI data) indicates that today MMs will want a SP somewhere btwn $665-$670.

Yesterday at 7 am, "C-P Brkpt" analysis predicted ~$667 (MMs 'pounched' on the 8:30 a.m. inflation report to move the SP -4% against the NDX macros: "Gasoline $ is UP!" )

There were >1.05M open contracts this morning that expire in 2 days. That's a lot of open interest, meaning MMs will be highly motivated to control Friday's Close.

Cheers!

The most reliable indicator of a near-term TSLA share price pop for us over the years has been a call from our broker prior to TSLA earnings in which the conversation eventually comes around to a recommendation that we diversify more instead of hold such a high percentage of TSLA. Over the years I have connected the dots and come to believe that those calls happen when Big Money is looking for more TSLA shares in the short term. FYI we got that same call yesterday, with only a single digit number of trading days till the Q2 earnings call. The Big Shorts could be hurting. With all that has been posted by @The Accountant and James Stephenson regarding this upcoming event, we were not at all surprised. In fact we were actually a bit disappointed as our couch is empty at the moment

InsideEVs - 7 minutes ago: Tesla Model Y LR Appears To Be Sold Out For Q3 2021

Excerpt:

The estimated delivery time of Tesla Model Y Long Range version in the U.S. (new orders) once again increased - this time to October, according to Tesla's online design studio.

It indicates that the company already sold out all the Model Y Long Range that will be produced in the third quarter of this year and maintained demand momentum (a month ago, the delivery time was September).
I can confirm that my buddy who ordered a LR Y yesterday got a delivery date for October....NO DEMAND!

Now imagine what happens if we get a $7500-$10k EV credit.

Not too hard to imagine the effect: only buyers with $10K of Federal income taxes owing will take delivery in 2021 H2.

Everyone with less will wait until Jan 1st, 2022 (when the tax credit converts to an instant rebate). o_O

But, come on Texas! We gonna need dem 'Y's, y'all! ;)

Cheers!

Not too hard to imagine the effect: only buyers with $10K of Federal income taxes owing will take delivery in 2021 H2.

Everyone with less will wait until Jan 1st, 2022 (when the tax credit converts to an instant rebate). o_O

But, come on Texas! We gonna need dem 'Y's, y'all! ;)

Cheers!
I suppose Tesla could offer a pre-tax credit discount to US buyer taking delivery prior to Jan 1.