Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this:

The details are informative for anybody who imagines that VAG might have suddenly become better at BEV.
I attach also summaries of some Brazilian reports that differ from this English language report.

Perhaps the most relevant point is that they expect to charge about "three times the price for diesel trucks"

Last edited by a moderator:

Had to check the bottom of the pie to see that there wasn't a separate category for Electric Charging Infrastructure. So it seems that would be lumped into the Electric Vehicle Incentives package. I'd be interested in finding out what % of that is actual vehicle rebates which may or may not include Tesla.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 8.19.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 8.19.54 AM.png
    614 KB · Views: 57
Considering the market likes to look forward.

I have in my notes a large Tesla pop on Friday July 10th 2020 (1394 to 1544) I am wondering if the large sell yesterday could be an artifact of tax advantaged selling or capturing long profits from buying a year ago before possible tax changes etc?

Might those profits move back into the market after avoiding the swap requirements? This could be buying pressure in later quarters of this year.

Tesla China sues owner for fabricating brake failure. Third party analysis indicates driver stepped on accelerator instead of brake. The replies are not kind to this individual.

THAT’S what I’m talkin’ about. A lawsuit followed by bad publicity would kill the FUD better than any PR department.

Yep Ford is moving faster than any other legacy and you know, 5 years ago I would not have guessed that. It's really quite impressive, the Ford family must have really gotten behind this change. Good for Ford!

Their PR department is moving faster.

GM is actually building multiple battery factories though, having begun construction on one over a year ago and a second earlier this year-- which will be more useful than commercials and press releases for the EV transition.

Ford (and only about 2 months ago) signed a "memorandum of understanding" that they would start to form a committee to begin to discuss the details of building their first one.

I mean, they're both really late to this game, but Ford's later.

The Higher Administration Court needs to let everyone know that if they bring another frivolous suit to court, they’ll be thrown in jail and fined a copious amount of money.

Where has all the common sense and logic gone? (rhetorical)

#teamaustin

I know I have posted this before (and maybe I am starting to sound like a broken record) but I am more and more sure with every video that Tesla AI day will be the unveiling of it's robotics division.

General robotics is probably the next major $trillion+ market that will come into being in the next decade. What do Robots need to actually work? Visual-spatial software and cheap/energy dense batteries... What company has a growing advantage in those areas? (EDIT-and also large-scale manufacturing, unlike Boston Dynamics)

SpaceX will also need huge amounts of robots for the Mars colony.

Last edited:
The Higher Administration Court needs to let everyone know that if they bring another frivolous suit to court, they’ll be thrown in jail and fined a copious amount of money.

Where has all the common sense and logic gone? (rhetorical)

#teamaustin

Excerpted from the translation of the German Court decision:

"The approval allows the testing of already installed systems and aggregates of the operating units foundry, paint shop and body shop as well as the installation and use of tanks for rinsing and test purposes before the approval of the overall project is granted."
"This decision is Final."
July 14, 2021​

I don’t get the point. Seems like a meaningless metric to me. Like a record for longest balsa glider flight from top of Everest with a massive tailwind. What does it prove? Remember, I’m not too bright so it might beyond my feeble ability to understand higher level concepts.

Here's a technical video regarding a new patent application by SILA for a process that opens the door to more effectively using Silicon in batteries.
If successfully applied at scale it could give current batteries another leg up as other technologies such as Solid State mature.

This sounds a lot like the tech described by Jordan (The Limiting Factor) and to some extent at Battery Day. Another item to put on Tesla's shopping list (if not already secured)?

Last edited:
I'd agree with all of that. GM has been building battery factories, Ford seemed to believe they could rely on partners. The SK lawsuit re IP theft with LG really threw them for a loop. Ford was clearly relying on SK for initial capacity.

Ford is doing a much much better job getting publicity and I firmly believe part of that publicity effort is internal. GM is dealing with 2 failed partnerships and publicity re nikola and lordstown has been damaging. GM partnering with those 2 is very concerning.
Their PR department is moving faster.

GM is actually building multiple battery factories though, having begun construction on one over a year ago and a second earlier this year-- which will be more useful than commercials and press releases for the EV transition.

Ford (and only about 2 months ago) signed a "memorandum of understanding" that they would start to form a committee to begin to discuss the details of building their first one.

I mean, they're both really late to this game, but Ford's later.