Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It takes a lot of hidden skill to literally be in the bottom 1.1% of any group
This is true. The same as getting a zero on a multiple choice test takes as much smarts as getting 100% on the same test.

(Oh and "Hello Cattledog Greg", it's been some years since we met at the Lucid reveal. I hope all is well with you.). @Cattledog

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicket
a few or no thoughts here.
here is a moderately comprehensive list of EV’s.

copy/paste into a spreadsheet and tell me whom of competition will be 300 next year, and 400 a year or so later.
(you might also join EVADC, since you are from Maryland, they have a plethora or knowledge they will share, (though i distinctly remember one telling me “i don’t know robert, $70/share for Tesla is really high”)

The only 2 cars I can see getting over 300 miles range coming soon are the EQS and Lucid, neither are going to be a threat to teslas busines.

I’ve been giving some thought to the idea of opening up the supercharger network.
I’m thinking that the underlying reason could be, to reap the benefits of the infrastructure bill coming down the pipeline.
President Biden said he wants to build 500k charging stations.
If Tesla is open to all, they are better positioned to get some of the billions of investment $ to expand the network.
If the network is closed only to Tesla’s, they would have a harder time convincing the “public opinion” why the government is giving Tesla the billions of $...
1. Some company will become the dominant charging infrastructure in the USA. Would it not be best for it to be Tesla?

2. Elon, himself, made a comment in 2013 that it was not the car companies that made it big but those that supplied the fuel for the cars.

I seriously doubt tesla will get public money for chargers without CCS fitted but then thats not such a big deal its been done in half the world already
We are really only talking about North America here, elsewhere Tesla fits in with the dominant standard e,.g. CCS/2 in Australia.

What is different about North America is, Tesla already has a large fleet of vehicles on the road and a large charger network. The phone app/adapter solution seems like a minor inconvenience for owners of other car brands.

However, we also have Superchargers with dual cables in Australia and other similar locations. if CCS support without an adapter was a requirement to get public funding for new chargers, that is easily done. The adapter solution should satisfy those providing the funds that Tesla is playing ball elsewhere.

I still think this is more about lifting utilization rates at some chargers and accelerating ROI.

View attachment 688739
Chinese EV... brutal. What with the market today 😢

Didn't you hear? Tesla have completed the transition of Gigafactory Shanghai as the primary export hub. Low cost, localized supply chain, centralized logistics: very profitable.

Consequently, prospects for other MiC EVs went down considerably today, especially exports to the USA which will now receive all of Freemont's Model 3/Y production. ;)

Cheers!

Al-Aska......as in Alaska’s Shrine Club?

1627441676024.jpeg

And what about Al-Aksa?

dang autocorrekt…

Doubled my 2023 1400/1600 call spreads @$10ish today, which accounts for 5% of my portfolio.

Those return 20x (2,000%) if TSLA hits 1600 by 2023. I love this stock. Where else can you get all the great news and still have a couple weeks or months to buy before the market reacts?

Go big or go home.
I am grateful for the delay (sorry, I know I’m in the infinitesimal minority), because I am rejiggering the portfolio to free up some significant funds for shares. The kids are getting their feet wet in the market with this too.

So is your premise:

A) He's not educated as an engineer?

or

B) Because his previous career positions have not been engineering-related, his education doesn't count?

Because if it's "A", I give you this:
View attachment 688695

If it's "B", I ask: because a person with a degree in physics has worked primarily in manufacturing, does that mean he is not a degreed physicist in your eyes? Do you think he no longer has any insights in to how physics work and the impact it may have in his manufacturing work?
My statement was that Zach is not an engineer. An undergrad degree doesn't make you anything beyond possibly ready to begin a career in your field of study, or something related. Zach's entire career has been in finance. He's a finance guy, and putting a finance guy in charge of a tech company is death. Elon would never even consider it. Zach is great at what he does. He should keep doing it.

As I mentioned in one of my related earlier posts, one of my doctors has a BS in physics from Caltech. But he's no physicist by any stretch of the imagination. Is that so hard to understand?

@Artful Dodger's post was both factually incorrect ("Zach is a mechanical engineer who worked (as an engineer) for years at Tesla before returning for a Harvard MBA.") and insulting ("You continually demonstrate you ignorance and arrogance."). He owes the board an apology for spreading misinformation and me an apology for the insult.

The new piece of equipment currently being installed adjacent to the gigapress machines in Fremont appears to be an automatic milling machine for cleaning up and prepping the rear body castings.

You can see the new equipment at the 11min mark in Gabe's video and also earlier in the video:

Fremont Casting Trim.jpg

We've seen these milling machines before in the video showing the gigapress in operation at the Shanghai gigafactory, as shown below. At Shanghai the robot takes the casting from the gigapress directly into the milling machine. I'm not sure they'll be able to accomplish that at Fremont but good to see they are using more automation.

Shanhai Casting Trim.jpg

We get it Elon, that a split is coming, can it be anymore clear?
The puzzle is still interesting though, with the date piece not being so obvious as the split event itself.

EDIT: Wait a minute, several hints were pointing to Jul-28 as potential split announcement date.
And the “nightfall…5” aligns with split announcement before next nightfall (tomorrow evening).
But the timing of this tweet makes it too risky, attracts lawsuits easily?

Last edited: