Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This probably was not Tesla's fault, but unfortunately people only read headlines and Tesla will be featured prominently in this one. SP down 30 tomorrow... hope I'm wrong.
1, would be surprised if it wasn't Tesla's fault. They manufacture and deploy the Megapacks, it is not like they deliver the components and someone else assembles the M2gapack itself on site
2, no offense, but hope you are wrong too. TSLA no longer reacts to car fires, at least not much and not for long, doubt something like this would be be a significant hit

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
Picked this source instead of posting Sawyer Merritt’s tweet. The pic in Sawyer’s re-tweet might be exaggerating the situation.

Wow. I was planning to take some progress pics of this big battery as its only 50 mins away from my home.

PS: Good choice on not using Soy boi as a source.

I now expect that the 2021 Tesla AGM will also be held on AI day, Thu Aug 19. I expect an announcement soon via an 8K.

I further hope for an announcement by Aug 3rd (again via 8K) of a 5:1 stock dividend to take effect at the end of the regular trading session on Tue, Aug 31, 2021.

This would require a vote of shareholders at the Aug 19 AGM to increase the maximum number of shares the BoD is allowed to authorize ( I recommend 10 Billion or perhaps 100 billion shares).

I fantasize about a 10:1 stock dividend, and that Tesla does NOT do a capital raise on Sep 1, 2021 (thus denying an easy escape hatch for shortzes, and ensuring a blow-off top to the SP like Sep 2020).

Well, I can dream.

Cheers!

View attachment 689451
How many days in advance must the shareholders be notified about the meeting?
Each state in US have their own minimum period. In some cases, at least 10 days notice is needed.

How many days in advance does Tesla typically inform the shareholders?
In 2020, the announcement came in early July, for Sep-22 event.

Can someone tell me this is not TSLA related? Anyone?
FWIW
Prometheus Unbound.png

Megapacks ... are these Panasonic or LG cells?
Nevertheless this should not happen at all ... cells are supposed to be isolated enough for even one thermal runaway not causing widespread fire.

This is a major blunder, I'm assuming malice.

I won't assume anything without evidence, but arson seems a possibility. Tesla has many enemies who want to slow down the disruption of their industries, maybe by any means necessary.

When a Falcon9 rocket blew up on the launch pad years ago, I wondered if someone with a high-powered rifle shot it from a mile away. One small bullet hole might be tough to find in the blasted-apart wreckage. The same seems possible with a Megapack. Maybe Tesla needs to encase them with that bulletproof steel used for Cybertruck.

Since it's a French company that installed it, maybe sabotage?

That's way too much TSLAQ conspiracy level *sugar* o_O

Tesla employees more than 70000 people and executes very rapidly. Mistakes happen also at Tesla! (We've seen all the little/mediocre/... defects at the cars, but also how fast Tesla adapts, improves design)
People do **** up. Important thing is to learn from the mistakes and move on 👍

People should study orders of magnitude. For example, today the U.S. Senate will begin debate on a $1 Trillion infrastructure Bill. Yesterday, there was a million dollar fire at an industrial site. That's a factor of 1 million difference, or 7 orders of magnitude.

That's the same as comparing the size of a person to the size of the planet:

length-continuum.svg

Big > Little. Learn to take advantage of the innumerate (buy the dip). Not Rocket science, just a little math.

Cheers!

Just finished placing some aggressive "fire sale" buy orders for tomorrow in case the fire FUD or whatever other Bullspit FUD is being gets some temporary traction. I am not expecting them to hit, but just in case...

This strategy has surprised me with some extra chairs at decent prices; a number of times before.

Not advice.

Last edited:
That's way too much TSLAQ conspiracy level *sugar* o_O

Tesla employees more than 70000 people and executes very rapidly. Mistakes happen also at Tesla! (We've seen all the little/mediocre/... defects at the cars, but also how fast Tesla adapts, improves design)
People do **** up. Important thing is to learn from the mistakes and move on 👍
Like the “mistake”with that Plaid that caught fire and was rolling down the road…? Yeah, I wonder what happened with that executive, maybe he got burned, by the short he was holding… ha

Futures a tad red as of now. On a macro level, wonder if the macros are being impacted at all by visuals of a first world democracy / city that has "military deployed to help enforce covid lockdown"

Last edited:
Big Battery fire incident report in VicEmergency app: it looks like it’s a small fire, though there are lots of vehicles attending to it (abundance of caution?)
View attachment 689833
I would call every fire unit in that area. As those fires are rare it is a great opportunity for firefighters to see the handling of such first Hand.

I mean you don't want to set a Megapack on fire for training purposes.. and all the chemicals inside it are hard to emulate I would assume..