Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1630131420823.png

Not sure Elon is convinced on the $80bn valuation of Rivian...

But in Fords case that isnt many.

CT will be 200k a year pretty quickly (2nd year of production/2023?). Ford dont even have a plan for that number

Ford probably will in ~6 months.

Legacy automakers are perpetually "surprised" by BEV demand then announce higher production capacity.

This recent doubling of planned capacity won't be the last.

I don't know who made this spreadsheet of upcoming tesla events, but it was highly informative. Any reason why it has stopped being updated as of April 25th 2021?
Interesting and thorough. I don't agree with the use of "confirmed" for things that haven't occurred yet, but still very good

It's Troy's:

I'm a Tesla addict. I love everything Tesla related. I'm also a big fan of Google Sheets. Any project where I can combine the two is excellent for me. I try to be helpful to the Tesla community. All my projects are free and open to the public. Troy Teslike

So the autonomous car was in manual mode with an operator accidentally bumped into a visually impaired individual going 1-2km/hr. The headlines however are all over with Mr. Toyota stating autonomous cars are not ready for the road. WTF is this nonsense? Is Toyota getting so desperate that they are willing to sabotage themselves just to get government to scrutinize autonomous vehicles more?

....Japan is really going to get rekt during the EV transition, IMHO.

Japan Inc has had head in sand for 2 decades. China inc has a different issue, govt has head in sand- it is going to get so bad in China that we won't be able to even write the truth about the economy. You won't be able to trust any number coming from anyone anywhere.

Japans motors bizarre fascination with hydrogen potentially doomed the auto industry there. At this late stage I am not sure they catch up and with younger people self selecting to not buy cars there...well it seems grim.

Aah, but what an Opportunity Lost.😇

Were I for whatever reason to succumb to a desire to name He Who Otherwise Isn’t, my fat fingers just might produce “Bezoar”.
As is often the case w your posts I had to look that up. An interesting tidbit from Wikipedia Bezoar - Wikipedia

“A famous case in the common law of England (Chandelor v Lopus, 79 Eng Rep. 3, Cro. Jac. 4, Eng. Ct. Exch.1603) announced the rule of caveat emptor ("let the buyer beware") if the goods they purchased are not in fact genuine and effective. The case concerned a purchaser who sued for the return of the purchase price of an allegedly fraudulent bezoar.”

Who would have thunk that was where caveat emptor derived from. Now I’m going have that stuck in my mind like a bezoar every time I say “caveat emptor.” Thanks.

And yes it’s OT, but fun for the weekend.

Last edited:
Am sure people will buy Rivian thinking it's the next Tesla. So, I want to get in at the IPO price because it's going to go up at least for a few days until reality sinks in. Any idea how one can get in at the IPO price?

The first delivery was slated for the 1st week of September for Rivian (and waiting on government approval). I'm guessing they're timing the IPO alongside delivery...

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
In looking at Tobias Lindh's excellent drone flight over Giga Berlin today, it seems that German construction has lagged somewhat after a quick start. The current scoreboard is something like: Shanghai ~11 months to first production; Texas ~15 months to first production; Berlin ~23 months to first production.

But has anybody prepared a table comparing the built square footage of these facilities over time? I understand that this is not quite an apples-to-apples comparison, but has anybody made an effort to compare?

As is often the case w your posts I had to look that up. An interesting tidbit from Wikipedia Bezoar - Wikipedia

“A famous case in the common law of England (Chandelor v Lopus, 79 Eng Rep. 3, Cro. Jac. 4, Eng. Ct. Exch.1603) announced the rule of caveat emptor ("let the buyer beware") if the goods they purchased are not in fact genuine and effective. The case concerned a purchaser who sued for the return of the purchase price of an allegedly fraudulent bezoar.”

Who would have thunk that was where caveat emptor derived from. Now I’m going have that stuck in my mind like a bezoar every time I say “caveat emptor.” Thanks.

And yes it’s OT, but fun for the weekend
As a physician who has actually seen a bezoar in vivo, I can tell you it looked nothing like an Amazon King...