Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DaveT (also "Dave Lee on Investing" on Youtube) puzzled this out in Feb, 2020: ARK Invest doesn't make their money of their trades (that goes to their ETF clients), ARK makes their money is through management fees.

By attracting new money into their fund with splashy trades, ARK can make more fees. Their strategy seems to be working for them, although nobody ever talks about how the individual investor would have done had they just put the same amount into TSLA and held, vs owning an ARK Invest ETF.

Here's the video:

Cheers!
I've never understood the confusion around this stuff though. If I wanted 100% Tesla exposure I can buy TSLA myself and not pay a management fee. You buy a fund to diversify and hopefully make some money on swings.

I've never understood the confusion around this stuff though. If I wanted 100% Tesla exposure I can buy TSLA myself and not pay a management fee. You buy a fund to diversify and hopefully make some money on swings.

And yet you avoid the issue:

"nobody ever talks about how the individual investor would have done had they just put the same amount into TSLA and held, vs owning an ARK Invest ETF."​

Is it a conincidence that this information is nearly unobtainable? It's certainly not in ARK Invest's best interest for you to know how much their "knowlege edge" and "swing trading" actually cost you historically.

Reactions: CLK350
Proof we are still living in the simulation:

1631300789939.png

It's tempting to jump in on 9/17 calls on this dip, but I've been burned on that too many times. We've run up quite a bit in the last few weeks and I wouldn't put it past the MM algos to try and drive us back down near $700 next week. Triple witching comes with many incentive variables that have nothing to do with logical value.

When we all agree that SP should explode, a lot of times big money pushes us the other way to cash in on sold options. I'm hoping for one last week of major low-volume shenanigans next week so I can lever up with Nov/Dec calls when they push SP back below something like $735. If we're flat, I'll probably sit tight.
So much for that! -$20 later and I'm in for 9/17 $770c @ $4.20 and a buy order for 9/17 $780 @ $2.10

Will start taking a look at Nov/Dec now. Work can wait I guess!

Reactions: henchman24
How bout that .5% gain for the week despite all time high numbers out of China :rolleyes: 🥱

I want these guys to be caught so badly over the weekend but unless V10 truly is mindblowing, they'll get away with the naked shorting today, cover themselves on Monday and rinse and repeat for next week.

Wall St regulation is a complete joke.