Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC man............Conversation going that had nothing to do with Tesla. The bring up Tesla out of nowhere specifically to point out Ark selling some Tesla shares.....making it seem like it's time to sell Tesla off a big rally lol

1) Zero mention of that the fact that Ark fund has allocation rules
2) Tesla's up only 10% in the past 3 weeks....sure huge rally there CNBC :rolleyes:

Also worth pointing out, Ark sold some shares about 2-3 weeks ago as well and thus missed gains off the 10% move over the past 2-3 weeks.....continuing the long line of "sells" Ark has done at bad times and missed out on gains. I get pretty annoyed at this myth that Ark is amazing at their timing.....they're not. In fact they left a ton of money on the table in 2019 and 2020 by selling right before or in the early stages of huge rallies in Tesla's stock. (I love Ark and it's method btw).
Seems like Ark’s performance would benefit from relaxing their limit to 20%, especially in the face of their TSLA forecast. Wonder what the real reason(s) not to do that are.

so, about the SP?
Is it going to drop near the end of the week next week due to triple witching?
(Please forgive me for not posting about ceramic brakes, or trolls, or gordo, or castings, or the yoke all things of great importance to the SP)

If I knew, I would be buying puts and shorting calls. Since I don't I am not.

Ceteris paribus, yeah we can expect some pricing volatility but with these fundamentals I would ignore max pain.

I'm not a financial advisor but buy shares or sell puts at levels you can live at.

• Love
Reactions: lafrisbee
Seems like Ark’s performance would benefit from relaxing their limit to 20%, especially in the face of their TSLA forecast. Wonder what the real reason(s) not to do that are.

@DaveT (also "Dave Lee on Investing" on Youtube) puzzled this out in Feb, 2020: ARK Invest doesn't make their money of their trades (that goes to their ETF clients), ARK makes their money is through management fees.

By attracting new money into their fund with splashy trades, ARK can make more fees. Their strategy seems to be working for them, although nobody ever talks about how the individual investor would have done had they just put the same amount into TSLA and held, vs owning an ARK Invest ETF.

Here's the video:

Cheers!

Last edited:
@DaveT (also "Dave Lee on Investing" on Youtube) puzzled this out in Feb, 2020: ARK Invest doesn't make their money of their trades (that goes to their ETF clients).

Where ARK makes their money is through management fees, and by attracting new money into their fund with splashy trades, they can make more fees. Their strategy seems to be working for them, although nobody ever talks about how the individual investor would have done had they just put the same amount into TSLA and held, vs owning the ARK Invest ETF.

Here's the video:

Cheers!
Other members of investing community feel that Cathy's gravitas has its own gravity field, and she's able to attract significant cash inflows into her ETFS. In some stocks she's moving the markets single-handedly. I am skeptical about her other EV/tech investments. Upon closer inspection, specifically arkg, the returns have been slightly better than the Russel 2000. TSLA is diversified enough and has a positive feedback loop going on, sucking in the talent, a competitive advantage of true intellect.

@DaveT (also "Dave Lee on Investing" on Youtube) puzzled this out in Feb, 2020: ARK Invest doesn't make their money of their trades (that goes to their ETF clients), ARK makes their money is through management fees.

By attracting new money into their fund with splashy trades, ARK can make more fees. Their strategy seems to be working for them, although nobody ever talks about how the individual investor would have done had they just put the same amount into TSLA and held, vs owning an ARK Invest ETF.

Here's the video:

Cheers!
This is not an unusual approach for ETFs or Mutual Funds, I don’t believe.
Splash is part of Ark’s marketing, but performance is what draws in real money (generating fees) and surely Ms. Wood and key employees have performance incentives.

Last edited:
Looking like they are trying for 750 now.
Time to buy ?
Always like these friday sales events.
It's tempting to jump in on 9/17 calls on this dip, but I've been burned on that too many times. We've run up quite a bit in the last few weeks and I wouldn't put it past the MM algos to try and drive us back down near $700 next week. Triple witching comes with many incentive variables that have nothing to do with logical value.

When we all agree that SP should explode, a lot of times big money pushes us the other way to cash in on sold options. I'm hoping for one last week of major low-volume shenanigans next week so I can lever up with Nov/Dec calls when they push SP back below something like $735. If we're flat, I'll probably sit tight.

That yoke looks...uncomfrotable.
and how about this one?

I don't think you know what you are talking about....at all.

The yoke is standard on the highest performance racers in the world, it is balanced and natural, there is only one place to put each hand and you brain learns the correct positioning for each turn.

View attachment 707584Any idea why this is labeled this way? Seems too small to be a megacharger. Any idea if anyone has tried to charge the new model s here?

525 W is the street name

More appropriate place to post: