Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a TSLA post on the frontpage of WallStreetBets. I really regret not loading up on calls on Thursday.

1632758815274.png

Their position looks familiar (been talking about that little devil for couple weeks now, OK maybe too much). Still holding, letting it come back to life this week from near zero. It's been gaining over 100% per day for a few days now. I can see the addictive elements here.

1632758909248.png

Please send more pictures of Teslas on trains, boats, and trucks from everywhere. I love it! Do I hear FOMO in the 900s this week?

I suspect one week of driving data is not good enough. People can game it very easily and you can already see the chatter in twitter about that. I would look at driving pattern atleast for a month.
Stop already and at least try to look past the end of your nose.

The safety score continues to be generated and checked by Tesla. If it goes down after the fact they simply take FSD away. Poof! It’s like a credit score, buddy. It’s not static and your choices today affects your future ability to buy a Tesla on credit.

Tesla isn’t a babysitting service; it’s just trying to mitigate the largest risk factors until the system is good enough at preventing accidents, injuries and deaths of people who probably shouldn’t have a driver’s license and those handful who are unfortunate consequences of the former.

Does this mean Shanghai may have an annual capacity in excess of 800k units, 1600 Model Y and 800 Model 3 per day? Or does the high volume of Model Y decrease capacity for Model 3 somehow?

I'm just looking for a little confirmation that I'm not reading too much into this report.

Yes, that's what it means, and that should surprise no one who as been paying attention. The plan for GF3/phase 2 was always to have two assembly lines, and (likely the 3rd week of Aug) the 2nd line has come online.

The best confirmation that this is true? The desparate FUD attempt this morning before the Market opened that somehow China would starve NEV manufacturers in general of parts supply. And this somehow was twisted into a parts squeeze for GF3. Shaky FUD right there, the shortzes must be really desparate right now.

P&D within a week. :D

Cheers!

One positive side effect of the safety scores is that you now have a large swatch of Tesla drivers trying to drive extra safe. So that will make Tesla's safety statistics (both on and off autopilot) compared to everyone else even more impressive, making any NHTSA directive (should there ever be one) look even more disconnected with reality.
True. Except that people have a hard time maintaining a lie. For the first date or two, you can pretend you have manners and eat with your mouth closed but eventually the truth makes itself known.

So for the people driving with more care than usual to get FSD, good luck maintaining that unless you really want to change habits and become a safer driver for real.

I can see 🤡 GoJo getting excited, if he hangs on a little longer, surely his favourite topic of Tesla DEMAND PROBLEMS will become reality !
After all once Tesla's car output is greater than the mass of the earth, there is no way to find enough demand for them ;)

BTW: if Tesla hits 20 million car production in 2030, and maintains 50+% growth YoY, then by 2035 they will produce more cars than the entire global market.
I think Hiro and Elon's tweets highlight the opposite: people are seriously deluded is they assume Tesla can continue to grow at 50% per annum indefinitely. Tesla's growth will inevitably taper. By 2030, their auto volume / income should have maxed out, possible even begin declining as people buy less cars to own. But their other markets - energy, AMaaS (tip to @FrankSG), TeslaBot, etc. - should be blossoming. Basically, projecting more than 5 years in a highly volatile industry(s) is a mug's game.

Let's not be greedy girls & boys.