Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it is early in the trading day but TSLA be like... I'm just getting warmed up.gif

Why take a loan with so much cash, any thoughts?
The more evenly balanced assets and liabilities in a given currency the less likely is liquidity imbalance too. Further when more or less evenly balances exchange rate fluctuations become less onerous to manage. Exchange rate issues do not disappear, but the liquidity management process is simpler. It is that process that explains why Apple, for example, carries debt despite being hugely cash rich. We will see much more fo that as Tesla continues to become more nearly global.

I am seriously out of date on corporate cash management processes, but the principles do not change, only tactics change. Next year there will be several Euro placements as Berlin scales. In the meantime Tesla probably uses puts, mostly, to minimize FX risks in currencies that do not have significant supply sources.

FWIW, when selling into countries that have difficult FX issues, a common practice is to source whatever is plausible from each such country, in effect, bartering. The FX markets are much deeper now, but the transaction costs can be daunting. There is certainly some of thathedging already happening ILS, NT$, AU$. CA$ are all examples of that.

Did anyone else saw a level 2 83,000 on the ask at $803 flashing, immediately followed by drop to $795? Shenanigans?
The Nasdaq went from down .5% to down 1% in the matter of a minute and has continued falling. Tech across the board is getting absolutely hammered today

Man I’m thinking about taking a break from this thread cause all the negative Nancy’s really just sour the mood. At least until after earnings. The stock is holding up really well in the face of macros, nothing manipulation about it. Just unlucky day for TSLA to trade off of great data.

There’s really nothing to stress about when we know what’s coming up on Q3 earnings and then Q4 numbers. I’m super comfortable and confident in where the stock is going by Q4 earnings

For some time I've held the belief that the negative press has offered some benefit for TSLA over the long run. It has tempered the stock price, acting as a shock absorber possibly preventing larger swings both up and down. For a company that is obviously misunderstood by the analysts, and punished by the popular media, it keeps chugging along riding the rails of a consistent 2 year support line like the Little Engine that Could.

The S&P inclusion is an example of the sort of large spike and correction deviations that can happen, and, had Tesla been treated fairly in the news could this sort of movement have been amplified (greater spike, then greater correction)?

Anyway, it does seem odd how suddenly we see an upward movement in response to another of many in a long line of record-breaking quarters which haven't often responded in a positive way. This, combined with the change of trend lately where the media is letting snippets of good news out among their usual FUD has me thinking there has been a sea change of sorts. Maybe people in general are understanding Tesla more and the talking heads are reading the comments and it is influencing them toward more balanced reporting (not that I actually believe this, but, I can dream). Still, there seems to be a consistent bias in the right direction that I can't explain.

Will this result in greater swings, or, might it amplify the SP trajectory? Who knows?

Granted, my pontifications upon such matters may be as irrational and as long lasting as the Market can be, so, I'll just keep HODLing and enjoying the ride. ;)

Everything seems to be doing fine from where I'm looking and as long as the 2 year support line (Yellow, below) is not broken I'm a happy camper. Hoping to see $1K SP by end of year, or in Q1 of 2022.

1633356971335.png

Last edited: