Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Comment on post suggests NEDC to CTLC test cycle change- not sure if true, but if so it wouldn't be the first time Tesla in china "increased range" primarily by changing the test cycle # they advertise... previously it happened with them switching TO NEDC from WLTP

I hereby terminate all debate of what "dead in the water" means.

So last time we got an update, 4860 was not ready for production. Now apparently it is.

AND we have enough supply from Kato Rd to fill all Model Y demand from Austin until they ramp.

AND AUSTIN MODEL Y PRODUCTION IS HAPPENING......

THIS QUARTER!​

I other words, the Battery Day plan is on track, works, and about to scale.
so..dead in the water is dead in the water? is that what you meant?

So he just said, "I'll find out".

He also during his answer said "Mine just got turned on"... happens at 1:11:53 in the video posted a few posts above this one.

So he has one, just hasn't checked it yet.

Seems consistent with his previous claim he gets the "what is going out to others" version a few days early... meaning he only just got the version that reports safety score to the owner.

Tesla wants to license FSD to other automakers. Hmm, would that be chips included?

I expect it would have to (any alternative I can think of would be nightmarishly more complex and expensive for all sides).

Of course Tesla doesn't MAKE the chips, they just designed them, Samsung does the making.

But this is hardly the first time they've offered to license it to others- nobody's taken em up on it so far, instead throwing more $ at Nvidia, Mobileye, etc for the most part.

Reactions: jhm and Queeg500
Tuesday? Why?

My mistake, good catch. It's yesterday's data (always), so that's Wednesday not Tuesday. Here's my history of Max-Pain for tomorrow's Options expiries:

Options.MaxPain.2021-10-07-07.00.png

I think even more interesting is my experimental "C-P Brkpt" (which is Calls - Puts at each Strike), which for days now has been pointing at a Friday Closing SP preferred by MMs at $790.

GLTA, and Cheers to the Longs!

Last edited:
"Volume Production" is always a year from launch. Musk suggested the same for the Model Y in Texas. That it will take the Cybertruck a year to go from production to volume is normal. Musk even said that at the beginning of the call regarding the Model Y. In the time between start of production and "Volume Production", there might well be 60-80k trucks produced.

Musk dodged the whole Model 2 question because whoever asked about it left it easy for him to dodge. He didn't say there was no $25k Tesla, he said there was no "Model 2". Because the only reason there was a Model 3 was because they needed an E for S3XY. The way he responded it seemed pretty clear to me he just didn't want to answer the question.
I'm going with Model C for the China version and Model G for the German one (maybe D for Deutschland?). I know, not very imaginative. So shoot me. Model S is Sedan so Elon has nothing on me. :D

Reactions: Ogre
Tesla wants to license FSD to other automakers. Hmm, would that be chips included?
If Tesla solves FSD, then it'll be the entire package of sensor suite plus FSD computer if automakers want plug and play and doesn't want to deal with training their own.

So if it's a "moral issue" where every death is a result from other automaker not having FSD when you do, then Elon is pivoting away from dojo as a training service for automakers.

Reactions: jhm
In the meeting he sounded like he thought there might only be about 1,000 people with a score of 100. I think he's crazy but it seems he doesn't understand how many people are anxious to test it out.

Both Austin and Berlin are sized for 2m each, the current berlin plant is 1/4 the size of the footprint of the plant because thats easier to get done in Germany.

Austin is just a huge building and will get extended.

We didnt hear a peep on the refreshed model X or how that whole refresh is going etc.
I think it’s going ok. As Elon said, they just don’t have the bandwidth (batteries/chips/etc) to do any more than they’re doing. Makes sense to me that they continue full speed ahead with S3Y and leave X, semi, and CT for next year.

Seems counterproductive to slow the ramp on existing products in order to start ramping products that they don’t have materials for.

3623C7B5-5734-4E05-A85D-47DAE0E73DF9.jpeg