Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, they really aren't. "I'm sorry, I'm delayed because traffic is only moving 5 MPH." I'm not dead in the water, I'm delayed, but still moving forward.
If you say that someone or something is dead in the water, you are emphasizing that they have failed, and that there is little hope of them being successful in the future.

Dead in the water definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

https://www.collinsdictionary.com › dictionary › dead-in-t...
I'm sure this is all a huge relief to the Plaid+ reservation holders.

Now if y'all can pass on which highway their cars are "successfully" parked on so they can go pick them up I'm sure they will be relieved.

Now that someone has quoted a dictionary, can we finish now with this exercise in semantics?

He honestly didn't know what it was. Reading between the lines I got the feeling his Tesla account might be so unique he doubts he even has a safety score. but he didn't want to say that because he honestly didn't know how that applied to whether he has a safety score and that it would be viewed as the billionaire being 'special". Never mind that he's the CEO!

But you can be certain his Tesla account is not like all of our accounts.
Elon has stated he runs the latest builds, so Alpha vs test-release Beta (which he does also test pre-release). Definitely outside the normal software flow.

One thing about Webush is they pump all EV stocks equally

The most exciting thing is not put up in 20 foot tall red letters but he did mention it.

The juggernauts of (Austin) Texas and (Berlin) Germany are going to come on line and are going to ramp up. It won't be smooth, it won't happen on a set day or time, but they are saying it will happen, there are no roadblocks other than normal factory setup issues and supply issues. And those aren't expected to be as bad as the Model 3 ramp was.

So be excited that EVERY SINGLE QUARTER going forward will have record production and record deliveries for the foreseeable future.

Q4 2021 will break records!
Q1 2022 will break records!
Q2 2022 will break records!
Q3 2022 will break records!
Q4 2022 will break records!

Is that not enough to be excited about?

Let me channel Paul Revere a second here:

Model Y is coming, Model Y is coming, Model Y is coming!

Yep, and Elon did not make a secret about what their focus will be on in an era of shortages. They are just going to do what they are already doing as efficiently and in as high of volume as possible. In other words, they are focused on continuing to financially strengthen the company as much as possible (which is what creates shareholder value). Nothing flashy here, just staying focused like a laser on the mission.

My unsolicited thought on communicating :"Are you doing it for you, or for your audience?"
Hopefully, these spark some joy.

xkcd: Communicating

communicating_2x.png

Mouse-over: "You're saying that the responsibility for avoiding miscommunication lies entirely with the listener, not the speaker, which explains why you haven't been able to convince anyone to help you down from that wall."

xkcd: I Could Care Less
i_could_care_less_2x.png

Mouse-over: "I literally could care less."

Elon has stated he runs the latest builds, so Alpha vs test-release Beta (which he does also test pre-release). Definitely outside the normal software flow.

I know. And if he had flatly stated he doesn't get rated for safety, well that would be an entire article for Lora K. How the billionaire thinks he's exempt from safety requirements and how he's potentially endangering innocent children that just happen to live or play near his route. So he just said, "I'll find out".

This'll send the Oil Boys Boiling ('tho some of you kids might not get the reference):

"You Can Trust Your Car to the Man Who Wears The Star
The Big Bright Tesla-T Star!"

Just in case y’all don’t remember where the original “Don’t Mess With Texas” came from:

One of the frustrating aspects for me of today's presentation was the lack of clarity regarding near-term production goals across Tesla's various plants. The variety of numbers presented by posters here bears witness to that. I'm not attempting to obfuscate the issue, as I certainly haven't the definitive answer, but as an example, what I heard Mr Musk say was that out of GBerlin and GTexas we could get 2 million vehicles. To me, that meant the sum of the two plants. I have heard others say 2MM from each.

These presentations are meant to clarify, not create misconstructions.

Some comments on the stockholders meeting.

I guess this might be the last time we hear from Elon for a bit since he may not be on the earnings call.

Very impressed with the 3rd party battery appeal. Only Tesla can really guarantee that they can take cells at almost any rate. Any other auto manufacturer has to temper orders with "subject to other parts shortages". Tesla has a variety of uses for batteries beyond cars so clearly is the OEM to commit with. A key advantage for Tesla.

No discussion of the "B" word.

No mention of Optimus (curious) other than AI is getting tons of resumes.

No mention of labor shortages. It seems most of CA workforce (other than headquarters staff) will have jobs going forward and not needing to move to TX. TX must have the necessary labor supply.

No tension really and that is a very good thing. Elon seems pleased and ready to push on to the end of the year.

My read is that this was a recognition that Tesla is on plan and has Elon's confidence.

This is important and necessary because my expectation is that Elon will be spending a lot of time focused on Starship for the next year+ I think we are going to see the orbital mechanics of Mars influence the time and perhaps schedule of Tesla's expansion. A wave of a different sort perhaps.:)

One of the frustrating aspects for me of today's presentation was the lack of clarity regarding near-term production goals across Tesla's various plants. The variety of numbers presented by posters here bears witness to that. I'm not attempting to obfuscate the issue, as I certainly haven't the definitive answer, but as an example, what I heard Mr Musk say was that out of GBerlin and GTexas we could get 2 million vehicles. To me, that meant the sum of the two plants. I have heard others say 2MM from each.

Both Austin and Berlin are sized for 2m each, the current berlin plant is 1/4 the size of the footprint of the plant because thats easier to get done in Germany.

Austin is just a huge building and will get extended.

We didnt hear a peep on the refreshed model X or how that whole refresh is going etc.

Reactions: JusRelax and mongo
I hereby terminate all debate of what "dead in the water" means.

So last time we got an update, 4860 was not ready for production. Now apparently it is.

AND we have enough supply from Kato Rd to fill all Model Y demand from Austin until they ramp.

AND AUSTIN MODEL Y PRODUCTION IS HAPPENING......

THIS QUARTER!​

I other words, the Battery Day plan is on track, works, and about to scale.

Berlin is reportedly 500k short term possibly 2M eventually:
Tesla Gigafactory Berlin to produce up to 2M vehicles per year: German report

If Austin is similar, and the 2M full build out is accurate, that puts all four factories at 2M combined run rate by the end of next year. Then 2M just from those two, then 2M from each with >5M from all sites.

Not a problem bro, you just have to wait 3 months for the next quarterly call and Elon will clarify. :D