Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a hard problem. I don't have money to buy more (I just bought a couple in the 500s, the only ones I could afford) and generally I'm struggling to understand what to do with the money I have.
I thought I wanted to hodl until 2030, but it's a lot of time, and my life could be massively improved if in a couple of years I buy a better home for me and my family (one with a garden for my little son, who's three now) and if I take a sabbatical to read, study and write. I don't want to stop working (I actually could, right now, if I lived in this house I could literally retire in my 30s), but there is a balance I've not found between greed (these shares coudl go 10x in 10 years!) and enjoy the right things at the right moment (no luxury for me, but maybe a better place to live, more nature for my kid, liberate my partner form a job she's struggling with, etc.).
I love TSLA but I don't like the greed that grows within me.
I have a Google sheets that maps out the trajectory if I don’t re-invest the proceeds from options and the SP hits say $3000 in x years.. it’s a few hundred thousand AUD difference. But then, as Elon said, time is the ultimate currency. After the first couple of millions, I wouldn’t know what to do with that money anyway.

Please someone remind me on ATH midmarket and close?
I have a funny filling today both might get upped.

The Closing High is $883.09.
The Daily High is $900.40.

I understand that @Curt Renz has instructed the band to be on standby all week:

1634640831914.png

My solid sell TSLA price is 2x whatever it is when the question is asked.
I know because when I first bought TSLA I had a plan...when it doubles I am out...then when it doubled I decided the first phase of that plan worked very well... and pretty soon I will be on phase IV of the doubling plan.

"Everybody has a plan until the share price doubles"

- Mike Tyson

Think MM needs to give Tesla a sell rating at their pt of 150 vs neutral.
Yup !!
I'm sure you're referring to this guy here.
Roth Capital Partner is a Market Maker for Tesla options.
He does not have the conviction to give Tesla a Sell Rating but throws out the ridiculous price target of $150 to provide the voice for downward pressure (a la Gordon and Toilet Boy).

1634645645042.png

It's a hard problem. I don't have money to buy more (I just bought a couple in the 500s, the only ones I could afford) and generally I'm struggling to understand what to do with the money I have.
I thought I wanted to hodl until 2030, but it's a lot of time, and my life could be massively improved if in a couple of years I buy a better home for me and my family (one with a garden for my little son, who's three now) and if I take a sabbatical to read, study and write. I don't want to stop working (I actually could, right now, if I lived in this house I could literally retire in my 30s), but there is a balance I've not found between greed (these shares coudl go 10x in 10 years!) and enjoy the right things at the right moment (no luxury for me, but maybe a better place to live, more nature for my kid, liberate my partner form a job she's struggling with, etc.).
I love TSLA but I don't like the greed that grows within me.
It’s okay to want nice things and a comfortable, happy life for yourself and family. That’s not greed.

My best zen right now for you is to do nothing while you remain conflicted and unsure which approach to take. When the time is right, the decision/s become clear and easy to make.

Yup !!
I'm sure you're referring to this guy here.
Roth Capital Partner is a Market Maker for Tesla options.
He does not have the conviction to give Tesla a Sell Rating but throws out the ridiculous price target of $150 to provide the voice for downward pressure (a la Gordon and Toilet Boy).

View attachment 723209

lol

$150 would be a P/E of Q3's annualized likely earnings of ~20, for a company growing 50% per year... This compares to ~33 and 8% for the market as a whole!

I can't believe people get paid for this... We really should have let the forces of creative destruction perform an enema on the financial industry in 2009. Guys like this would be working at the Verizon store if it weren't for continuous bailouts/QE/etc.

I would like to see us set a new ATH before earnings, because Wall Street is currently setting us up for a big selloff after earnings and I'm literally this close to moving the first digit in my portfolio's value up by 1 and it would be nice to see that before the post-earnings selloff.

I know it's difficult but it's really for the better the less you pay attention to THO$E digits in your portfolio (because they are subject to irrational fluctuations). The important digits are the ones that tell you how many shares you own.

SP has been green for 6 days, wondering what's the maximum # of green day TSLA had in history?

not sure all time, but the longest winning streak this year was 7 from 7/28 - 8/5

in Sept, they were up 14 out of 16 sessions from 9/3 - 9/27

earlier in the year when it hit all time high, there were several double digit losses interspersed with double digit wins. It wasnt a smooth ride to the top.

Last edited:
CNBC spending quite a bit of airtime chastising retail investors this morning. "It's not a game!". Amazing these guys, who knowingly create fake narratives as a business, just eat up this Wall Street narrative.

It's all you people's fault. Not the likes of Melvin Capital making insane bets they can't possibly pay off.

Agreed. I think that is a central tenet to the model that Elon has created within Tesla. It’s a mix of the agile processes that were highlighted in the Joe Justice video + a clear mission and the ongoing management leadership. It is a thing of beauty.

I enjoyed that same video. I soon after found a 3 part podcast series that was also very good, and provided even more detail.

Podcast: "Our Agile Tales"
Episode 1 August 31
Episode 2 September 21
Episode 3 October 12