Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Glad to see your leader let you talk and there is actually a team at tesla and not just a one man show." or something to that affect
I know it would be bad for reasons but it would have been hilarious if Zach responded with, "Glad to hear your mom let you use her phone to call in."

Ah well, amusing in my head.

My hope is that Cummings will have an opportunity to see more clearly how Tesla has advanced their own framing of the AI model.

Lol, not while she's on the Board of Directors for Veoneer Inc. (and drawing $400K in stock grants)

SEC.Form4.MissyCummins.Veoneer.Inc.2021-05-10.jpg

If she does resign from Veoneer (as she must to work for the NHTSA), she should also be required to sign an NDA w. a non-compete clause BEFORE she gets to see any of Tesla's IP.

Or at least a defacto leadership transition. Elon is still CEO to make sure the company doesn't do something dumb, but this team we heard on the call are actually running the place. And they sound very competent. I'm happy.
This is, for the most part, the *steady-state team*. It's still Elon + Team whenever there's some urgent issue or things need figuring out.

OK..

Tesla hit 1m run rate in Q3 even without hitting 100% of current capacity
4680 cells are doing well, in test packs right now, validating quality and crash etc.
Austin and Berlin will likely produce cars this year but not deliver cars until next year - mostly down to regulatory issues
Demand is huge, order books stretching out
Costs of supplies mostly under control but its a tough market and these will increase
Cybertruck Alpha production vehicles under test, beta to be next year
Insurance uptake in Texas is good, very data driven.

OK..

Tesla hit 1m run rate in Q3 even without hitting 100% of current capacity
4680 cells are doing well, in test packs right now, validating quality and crash etc.
Austin and Berlin will likely produce cars this year but not deliver cars until next year - mostly down to regulatory issues
Demand is huge, order books stretching out
Costs of supplies mostly under control but its a tough market and these will increase
Cybertruck Alpha production vehicles under test, beta to be next year
Insurance uptake in Texas is good, very data driven.
Also delaying cars to 2021 delivery helps accounting wise for Q4 if I recall correctly. The costs associated with the new factories starts when they start delivering product. So putting costs on smaller amount of cars in Q4 hits the financials. So hold the cars build up the amount to be delivered and brings average cost down in Q1.

oh boy - Insurance stocks dropping tomorrow. Tesla is coming for them.
Reinventing how the industry works.
The Insurance industry will only be impacted by Berlin, Austin, Fremont and Shanghai. The insurance is limited to those four. So the percent of market share Tesla Insurance can take is a small fraction, and will be for a long time.
Some of the Insurance companies offer a "somewhat" similar device to record realtime drivers' behaviors to reduce insurance premiums.

Or at least a defacto leadership transition. Elon is still CEO to make sure the company doesn't do something dumb, but this team we heard on the call are actually running the place. And they sound very competent. I'm happy.
I already thought Zach would be the next CEO, and him leading the call makes it pretty clear that's the plan. I think he'll do great and wall street will love having a more traditional CEO who can devote himself full-time to the job. Elon key person risk will be reduced dramatically when he's no longer CEO.

SP was almost even when Zach finished his opening statement and since it’s been slowly bleeding. I don’t care, just observing.

Down $10/share in after hours. Looks like you're gonna have to scratch that planned observatory right off your mountaintop plans!

1200px-Sphinx_Observatory.jpg

Maybe by next Monday you could put out bids for something more suitable:

Sphinx_Observatorium.jpg