Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm missing my bi weekly reminder that prototypes are easy, production is hard
You know, you keep seeing all these companies coming up with a buncha prototypes of future models, and they have great specs... but what you need to keep in mind, and many people don't realise this: building a prototype is easy. Anyone can do it. But ramping that up to volume production is hhhhhhard! My hat is off to all manufacturing experts, I mean... man! It's like... if one part out of 10,000 is not available from the supplier, or... just like, anything, really... USB sockets! And you can't ship the cars, the whole line grinds to a halt, and you gotta wait for those sockets! So... but yeah... and Tesla is working really hard to increase the production volume, but what you need to remember is that ramping production volume starts off as an exponential, which then changes to a linear, and then tapers off with a logarithmic curve, so essentially like an S curve, but depending on where that inflection point is, it can shift the rate by a lot at any arbitrary point in time.
But going back to your question, we can't really be more specific about when the first vehicles with structural packs will be delivered.

All the old media headlines - FT, CNBC, WSJ etc - are all positive. What's going on??
Too much realistic talking. His opening statement was entirely positive, SP went up. All this talking now is actually a mixed bag of reality that is allowing doubt to creep in, SP keeps bleeding. It’s psychology or at least the ‘appearance’ of psychology.

What a bit irritating is that last Monday the earnings estimate was $1.49 per share not the $1.70 per share you are seeing being reported this evening. Gives analysts credit for hearing more educated analysts raising estimates and following the heard.

Following the "heard" of what? The herd of ears? ;)

2abhf2e.jpg