Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People ask what the bear analysts are missing. This article kinda highlights that. People think that this thing (1 seat 3 wheeler) is a Tesla competitor. By that logic I guess my gas generator is competition to BMW.

Tesla Competitor Electra Meccanica Soars After Analyst Says It's a Buy

tesla competitor.PNG

Model S & X demand don't seem very strong in Norway, but the 3 more than makes up for it with ~13% better than previous best month and ~6% better than previous best quarter -- and neither the month nor quarter is over yet. All I wish is to have this sort of data for more locations, even if it was not quite so precise.

Tesla Registration Stats

Model S & X demand don't seem very strong in Norway, but the 3 more than makes up for it with ~13% better than previous best month and ~6% better than previous best quarter -- and neither the month nor quarter is over yet. All I wish is to have this sort of data for more locations, even if it was not quite so precise.

Tesla Registration Stats

Also note another remarkable thing: Q1 is a seasonally weak quarter in Norway too - which makes these records even more impressive.

The S/X delivery numbers are worrisome. Any theories?
  • In the US one can argue the tax cliff helped to pull the demand to last Q. Possibly same with some EU countries that I heard.
  • The price reduction and China opening should have help offset some of the impact. But doesn’t seem enough.
  • Other issue could be people holding for potential refresh. I think last year Electrk or someone sent a fake (or denied by Elon) news on potential refresh this time around.
  • But the big question is about model 3 canibalization

I agree that there are a lot of opportunities. I also don't see anything wrong in the whole episode of closing/not closing store and delay price hike. Traditional auto OEMs do that all the time with their dealerships.
In short term, the Q1 delivery/production number would be quite telling. It would be better if we can know more details of the distribution between regions/trims.
I don't think it would be telling of much other than Tesla's current production/logistics capacity.

This is a first quarter of Europe/China deliveries with a lot of queued up demand plus the first quarter of SR production.

I believe they said SR arrives to Europe 6 months later(and China will produce their own in 6-8 months) so that makes it look like there's enough demand in N.A. to consume 2 quarters worths of SRs. So, Q3 might be a first quarter in N.A. where the pre-existing demand is satisfied, so they have enough spare capacity to send SRs to Europe.
IF there's a slow down of demand in N.A., then Europe will likely consume all the Q3 SR production.

So, I think Q4 is actually the first quarter where pre-existing demand is satisfied and we're looking at a new/sustained demand. Which is not a constant and may grow per any additional demand levers engaged or marketing by M3 penetration starting to give results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thekiwi
Stock rises $5 in an hour, with no reason for us to cheer, because it’s a robotic response to an interest rate decision.

When the stock rises $5 in an hour because the market has a tipping point epiphany that Tesla are kicking ass, with no competition in sight, with margins rising, with product improving, with CAGR off the chart, then corks pop.