Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One more thing that nobody has mentioned today: the 100,000 car purchase of Tesla Models 3 by Hertz means at least 100K of cars NOT purchased from ICEmakers. More likely, $4.2B worth of ICE not gonna melt in 2022.

That's some real PROGRESS, folks!

CH33RS!

Also, if each of those 100K Hertz cars get rented by 4 unique people per month who have never driven a Tesla, that's 400,000 people per month or 4.8 million people per year) who get to drive a Tesla for the first time! Me thinks that's going to ensure Tesla can make as many cars as they want and sell every one they make for a long time to come.

This I don’t agree with. My EDD has slipped as reliably as rain in Seattle (details below).

Been waiting over a year (battery day order for Plaid) and early last week my advisor stated likelihood of car prior to mid November was low.

So I planned my trip to europe with that in mind. Now, over the weekend I get news to pick it up the day I fly out?

You propose I go to the back of the line and pay $12k more because they can’t get me an EDD I can plan around? Uh uh.

View attachment 725752

Fair point, in your case.

Perhaps there could be some fair way to solve for this. ie There could be some accommodations made for orders that Tesla has changed timelines on by a number of months ie ( the early S & X orders ).

Reactions: Ohmster
I was thinking of how Amazon ordered 100,000 vans from Rivian, some time ago.

Hertz will get their 100K Tesla cars in 2022. When was it that Jeff Who will finish taking delivery on the van order?

This is the power of a manufacturing phenomenon at work. A casual order for 100K cars comes in from a single buyer and Tesla doesn't even flinch.

I'm about half surprised Elon didn't tweet that Hertz would have them in one quarter, or they are free. 😏

TSLA is now up 45.2% YTD, well ahead of both the S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 Indices:

TSLA.YTD.2021-10-25.png

Benchmarked Fund Manglers, BEWARE the Q3 Bounce... :p

Cheers!

The large brokerages will often assign you one automatically. We have one too - he insists on having "financial review conversation" with us twice a year. Its an entertaining waste of time for me - I don't listen to anything anyways. He was advising me to trim profits on TSLA last year around June/July since our portfolio is too concentrated in TSLA. I said nope, it was fine if the stock lost 50%, I wasn't selling any. Then he tried to convince me to buy put options as insurance on the portfolio - I told him that was a waste of money. He is a nice guy, very young and easily flustered. He has probably classified me as a difficult client, but I can see that he is quite interested in my investment philosophy now. I think he is learning more from me than the other way around. My husband does listen to some extent, although he is slowly changing to follow my path as well.

Nowadays, on the rare occasion I have to call the brokerage, they inform me that my account qualifies for an "executive financial advisor" I always decline, no point in wasting more time on someone I will never listen to anyways.

TMC forums have been life-changing advisors for me in my financial journey. All the knowledge that has benefited us and given us financial security has entirely come from these forums.
I got a smart one assigned. ‘Jonathan’ has not called once. Clearly he can tell when someone’s doing just fine without him.

Re: Closing price

Just thought it pertinent that we recognize how 1024 backwards is 420 with a 1 at the end.
If you take that leftover 1, reverse the cents (86 to 68) and add it to that you get, 69

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

This is bullish as,... well, you know.

Looking at the SP is very strange now, like I'm on the wrong page.
First thing I thought of at 1024 was that TSLA just went to 10 bit, same as my ADC module! Better control now.
Just a little bit more I say.

8 bit - 256
9 bit - 512
10 bit - 1024
11 bit - 2048!

I was thinking of how Amazon ordered 100,000 vans from Rivian, some time ago.

Hertz will get their 100K Tesla cars in 2022. When was it that Jeff Who will finish taking delivery on the van order?

This is the power of a manufacturing phenomenon at work. A casual order for 100K cars comes in from a single buyer and Tesla doesn't even flinch.

I'm about half surprised Elon didn't tweet that Hertz would have them in one quarter, or they are free. 😏
These guys can't even get production on one line to mass produce....

Checked on Canada Tesla Store web site and all tires (summer and winter) are "out of stock". I would expect tire purchases to have very high profit margin for Tesla. Amazing that Tesla's production is still hitting their high vehicle numbers during worldwide supply chain disruption. Once the supply disruption softens, more profits will continue.
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.00.44 PM.png

For those who conjectured about Andrea today -

I did, too, and my own opinion is that either she was not referring to her own financial adviser, or she has one in the family and was projecting.

Out of curiosity, though, I looked into her old firm to see how they stand with TSLA nowadays. Hmm!

Their most recent call is a BUY with a higher price target. As follows:

OLD target: $68 NEW target: $80

Oh, dear.......

it's from Feb 8, 2018.😁

Ah? NO!
You are unfamiliar with the accepted understanding that Rental vehicles in Vacation areas are targeted by criminals. This was a very real issue in Florida 20 years ago. To the point that the State quit issuing licence plates specifically "numbered" for rental cars.

Makes you wonder if Sentry Mode was a factor, Tesla's protect themselves from breakins and thefts better than non Telsa's do.

Imagine the future when most rental cars have 8 or more cameras and thieves know not to mess with them.

Heck, Tesla might as well built 4 more factories now.
No kidding! What's the hold up? I believe Tesla changed strategy to increase factory output vs new Factories in India, Russia etc... I think this happened when the Robot came into play - the factories will just speed up like a blur, as Elon originally described. CapX drops off the books and margins explode.