Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've skipped through a lot of posts so maybe this has been discussed, but I've seen no mention of current short interest. Are there still stable geniuses out there shorting TSLA? And is today showing some squeezing? If this keeps up my wife is going to start expecting me to make million(s)+ everyday, And are there enough islands for sale for all the teslaires? I know it will peak soon and some of you will take profits, but this is certainly interesting times.

Boston Dynamics and Google doesn't (didn't) have Tesla Vision.

I think many of us (myself included) underestimate the importance of the work Karphaty has done. He created AI based on vision only. Tesla can literally sold this solution to different industries, agriculture (harvesting robots, workforce), military (T2 like attack drones), transportation (fsd)...

Its not only the final product (AI vision) here we have the infrastructure as well. By infrastructure I mean all developed software tools (auto labeling, computer clusters, data flows, storage...). Mind boggling.

Need more dry powder to rage buy all shares I can...

I do wonder how much of this move is Wall St having the inside information about the status of the Infrastructure plan. There's news that it's close to agreement and should be a done deal by end of this week. Maybe Wall St already got the inside scoop that Tesla will get the EV credit along with other subsidies like charging credits, etc...

Catalyst for sure. I can see the other national chains doing the same not only to keep parity with Hertz.
Normally the competition would make a sweet deal with another car brand and say "Our MachEs are better here at Enterprise", but nobody else can make enough, or provide the charging. Maybe VW, but they are struggling with internal issues it seems.

I think many of us (myself included) underestimate the importance of the work Karphaty has done. He created AI based on vision only. Tesla can literally sold this solution to different industries, agriculture (harvesting robots, workforce), military (T2 like attack drones), transportation (fsd)...

Its not only the final product (AI vision) here we have the infrastructure as well. By infrastructure I mean all developed software tools (auto labeling, computer clusters, data flows, storage...). Mind boggling.

Need more dry powder to rage buy all shares I can...
You are totally right, but oh my god I hope I and my future kids will be long dead before the bolded comes to fruition. The day that sentient computers shoot people will be the day humanity has failed the simulation test

I've skipped through a lot of posts so maybe this has been discussed, but I've seen no mention of current short interest. Are there still stable geniuses out there shorting TSLA? And is today showing some squeezing? If this keeps up my wife is going to start expecting me to make million(s)+ everyday, And are there enough islands for sale for all the teslaires? I know it will peak soon and some of you will take profits, but this is certainly interesting times.
Timing is everything. We've decided to start looking for our next house now as it could take 6 months + to find what we want and if we don't start now all the other Teslaires are going to get there first. All the best islands have probably already gone, so maybe start looking at peninsulars instead? 😊

Normally the competition would make a sweet deal with another car brand and say "Our MachEs are better here at Enterprise", but nobody else can make enough, or provide the charging. Maybe VW, but they are struggling with internal issues it seems.
Yea for sure. Too bad no competitor can produce enough EVs and no one has a charging network that won't make the general public pull their hair out. It's hilarious there is no choice in this market except Tesla.

I should add that the biggest EV producers this year are stuck in massive recalls, lol.

It's complicated. There are other factors. I've been doing this a long time. I absolutely believe myself, but thanks for your concern.
Ok, I can accept complicated. The passive aggressive attitude, though, not so much.

It’s perfectly reasonable to question someone who says one thing but does another. I’ve been at this a long time too, thanks for assuming I just fell off the turnip truck yesterday.

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D

I agree with all of this. I like the fact that Tesla already has reasonable scale on its robotic parts bin, especially the FSD and Dojo computers. Some other potential competitors may try to leverage their mobile parts, but I doubt those parts are capable enough.

That said, we need to be clear-eyed. Robotics is an infamously long lead time industry. Very fiddly. It's exciting, but I wouldn't put it in my valuation model just yet.