Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go onto the order page of the model you want to check. Then click Menu in the top right and down the bottom will be the current country for that page. Click on that and you can change the country and the order page will update for that location showing wait times etc. Once in the order page there will be a country symbol on the top right allowing you to flick between countries.
Thanks that will come in handy.

.. Selling to Hertz gets people into Teslas that have never, and would never of their own accord, get into a Tesla.

886082_1776258075929151_2188949280398787198_o.jpeg

Oh, such sweet tea leaves. Enjoy the morning.

[Edit] sorry for triplicate reference to this article. On west coast. Woke up. Saw. Posted. Did not catch up on the four pages I was behind on here. My bad.

Last edited:
Q3 10Q Provides Explanation on Margin Increases

As we suspected, margins improved due to:
- Shanghai ramp in capacity (a more cost effective facility)
- Localized Procurement in China
- Exporting from China rather than Fremont

"The increases were primarily due to favorable changes in sales and production mix of Model 3 and Model Y as Gigafactory Shanghai has ramped in capacity. The average Model 3 and Model Y costs per unit have decreased significantly due to lower material, manufacturing, inbound freight and duty costs from localized procurement and manufacturing in China. Increased sales in Asia and exporting vehicles manufactured in Gigafactory Shanghai instead of the Fremont Factory to other regions have resulted in higher gross margins for both our Model 3 and Model Y product lines."

MM's not wasting anytime.....immediately trying to get control. Pretty bold of them to keep 1,050 within sight.

If volume keeps up, good luck with that ;)
I find this forum's analysis of stock price movements interesting. If I understand correctly, it goes something like this:

Stock price goes down: "Darned market manipulators"
Stock price goes up: "Finally the fundamental truth about the stock could not be manipulated any longer."

Dunno, seems kind of simplistic to me..

I find this forum's analysis of stock price movements interesting. If I understand correctly, it goes something like this:

Stock price goes down: "Darned market manipulators"
Stock price goes up: "Finally the fundamental truth about the stock could not be manipulated any longer."

Dunno, seems kind of simplistic to me..
Sure ignore obvious trading patterns.......not like we don't have weeks/months/years of trends to look at in terms of how this stock trades :rolleyes: 🥱

I'd suggest you actually learn how options/MM's effect stocks. It'll save you some money

Looks like the Biden admin has nailed down a framework as of this morning: President Biden Announces the Build Back Better Framework | The White House

Relevant bits:

After hearing input from all sides and negotiating in good faith with Senators Manchin and Sinema, Congressional Leadership, and a broad swath of Members of Congress, President Biden is announcing a framework for the Build Back Better Act. President Biden is confident this is a framework that can pass both houses of Congress, and he looks forward to signing it into law.

The framework will cut the cost of installing rooftop solar for a home by around 30 percent, shortening the payback period by around 5 years; and the framework’s electric vehicle tax credit will lower the cost of an electric vehicle that is made in America with American materials and union labor by $12,500 for a middle-class family.

The Build Back Better legislation will target incentives to grow domestic supply chains in solar, wind, and other critical industries in communities on the frontlines of the energy transition.

And, it is fully paid for and will reduce the deficit by making sure that large, profitable corporations can’t zero out their tax bills, no longer rewarding corporations that shift jobs and profits overseas, asking more from millionaires and billionaires, and stopping rich Americans from cheating on their tax bills. Under this historic agreement, nobody earning less than $400,000 per year will pay a penny more in taxes.

Volkswagen CEO to join staff meeting in bid to defuse conflict

Things Getting heated at the competition.

Basically unions are more worried about their jobs than giving customers the product they want. But how would you have your job if you are not giving customers what they want ? Are unions expecting customers to “Donate “ money to Volkswagen ?

Of course Diess knows this and that's what he will tell the union members, that if they care for their jobs they must make what the people want at a price they are willing to pay. Yet unions (at least in the US) protect members who are unproductive and make a lot of expensive mistakes. If you want a high-value job, you need to be creating a lot of value. This should be obvious but it seems to fly right over the heads of most union leadership. I've been pro-union for all of my adult life but not without discrimination. Not every union is good and it appears most have become corrupt and need to be flushed down the toilet because they are failing miserably at representing workers.

For many of the same reasons that a successful investor needs to take a long-term view, the unions must also. Because if they become a cancer upon the industry from which they operate, they are no longer useful to the worker.

Looks like the Biden admin has nailed down a framework as of this morning: President Biden Announces the Build Back Better Framework | The White House

Relevant bits:

On the last page of this White House document; I noticed that there is a line item for a $125B in expected income from a "stocks buyback tax".

However likely or unlikely a TSLA buyback might be; seeing as the idea of stock buyback has been suggested & discussed here; thought it might be prudent for us to be aware of this.

No one talked about his wealth 13 years ago as the guy almost lost over 100 million dollars of post tax money to solve renewable energy while the government put about zero people in jail for swindling people's money that caused the market crash. But at least Al Gore made a video about it right? Hundreds of fires/cat 5 hurricane later we now target the only guy who gave a damn 13 years ago to help fund today's climate bill (aka legacy auto bailout bill)..pfffffffft.