Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
once all of their products are converted over to 4680, and the energy storage division is going fantastically, they are going to sell tons and tons of products

I did this estimate back in Aug. With an average energy density of 300wh/kg and Telsa's goal of 3 TWh/yr by 2030, Tesla is planning to produce the weight in finished bty cells equal to 1 Great Pyramid of Giza every month. o_O

walk-like-an-egyptian-67948665.png

Look out ABOVE!

Word.

I would like to know how “hours per car” is worked out.

Herbert Diess: (from Electrek article):

“And in Brandenburg, Tesla wants to build half a million cars with 7,000 people – direct and indirect. And with an impressive productivity: expected 90 units per hour in one line, 10 hours per car.

500,000 cars per year produced by 7,000 employees, direct and indirect, is 500,000/7000=71.4 cars per employee.

Assuming 8 hour days, 5 days a week for 52 weeks, then man-hours is (8 X 5 X 52)/71.4= 29.1 hours per employee per car.

I suppose hours per car are not necessarily man-hours alone, but what else? The figures he gives should be meaningful in an equation.

Maybe his calculation somehow comes from “90 units per hour in one line”. Assuming 2 shifts: 90 X 16 X 365 = 525,600 per year, which works. But that only accounts for 40 seconds per car. Obviously, additional time must be spent by the 7,000 employees (direct and indirect) on off-line tasks. In that case, it’s still 29.1 man-hours per car.

Any suggestions?
1)
Baseline for Germany is 36h/week & 5 weeks PTO. Manufacturing might be a bit higher.

This turns your numbers into ~ 23.7h/car.

2)
As far as I understand the 10h refer to the time from start of assembly to finished product.
And it's not exactly clear what is the definition of 'start'.(First stamping part, first component on site, first piece being placed in the BIW-line, etc)

Reactions: UCF3 and CanadaEV
TL.0 opened in Berlin at 970 Eur ($1,121.91) w. record-setting Volume: 29K shares traded in the first 3 min of the session:

View attachment 730545
Update: 41K shares traded at 14 min into the session.
Ah yes, another hit from the good old days. Shorty used to force TL.0 down in Europe to make TSLA start at a disadvantage in US pre-market and at open. Glad to see the old tactics haven't changed.

I've never bought/traded it, but looks like you can do it on FTX:

Edit: LINK

View attachment 730541
Just before pre market opens. The founder of FTX seems like an incredibly capable person. He's worth $22b at 29 years of age. One to watch if you want to invest in something different.

Sam Bankman-Fried - Wikipedia

here is a good podcast interview with him

‎Invest Like the Best with Patrick O'Shaughnessy: Sam Bankman-Fried - Creating a Perfect Market on Apple Podcasts

It may be possible in principle to reduce taxes payable by paying the long-term capital gains on existing shares, then NOT needing to sell a portion of any newly vested shares immediately to pay taxes (presumably a short-term capital gain?)

KoGuan Leo on Twitter: "Elon has about 30%, 227 million + 101 million 2018 options of which ~22.8 million shares must be exercised by next year and pay 53% income tax or ~$15 bil. But he must hold them for 5 years. If sold 10% of 227 million shares, he would pay ~20% long-term capital gains tax. Smart." / Twitter

Just want to ease the minds of those nervously waiting.

I don't think you need to feel responsible. If people haven't figured out what Elon is doing by now, after HE TOLD THEM as much in words on Sep 28, 2021, then we can't help them ('if you stare at the ditch; that's where you'll end up')

Elon Musk interview 2021-09-28 Selling TSLA in Q4 and paying 53% income tax | Youtube.com (CodeView 2021 Interview w. Kara Swisher)

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago TSLA sank to around 660.
Now THAT was a moment to jump in.

Over time the effect of how Elon pays his tax will prove to be just a small ripple in the investment ocean for the HODL’ers here.
But an enormous stimulus to keep on chatting about it here, so it appears. With or without popcorn. So kind of fun.
When not too much.

A couple of weeks ago TSLA sank to around 660.
Now THAT was a moment to jump in.

Over time the effect of how Elon pays his tax will prove to be just a small ripple in the investment ocean for the HODL’ers here.
But an enormous stimulus to keep on chatting about it here, so it appears. With or without popcorn. So kind of fun.
When not too much.
This has been brilliant. Musk on international news again. What an amazing publicist he is. It will be great him shoving his tax payments up the backend of Robert Reich and Bernie Saunders.

Shortzes starting to smell a trap? Elon's tacks brake at stake? :p

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
16,343.00 -8.75 (-0.05%)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Nov 08, 2021 05:30 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$1156.23 -65.86 (-5.39%)
Pre-Market Volume639,685
Pre-Market High$1163.9 (05:10:21 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1130.5 (04:24:08 AM)

I'd just like to say at this point, that this forum and the voices of reason that dot the comments, have been the reason I have been able to sleep at night. Papafox, Stealthp3d, The Accountant to name a few have always been a voice of calm reason and it's very reassuring being able to log on and affirm what I already know.

Thank you

Ditto.

Without this forum there would be much less of us HODLers.
Yes, there are some distinguished members who look like The Cornerstone but they change through time and pass the Torch Of Truth to new forces.

Resistance is futile.

Strange days indeed.

There are more delegates at COP26 associated with the fossil fuel industry than from any single country, analysis shared with the BBC shows.
And I failed to get a charge at the train station on the way to COP26 protests on saturday as the Chargepoint Scotland charger had been bought by BRITISH PETROLEUM and left unsupported. This also happened to me several times over last few months including right n the middle of Oxford a BP branded charger that had been out of service for several months. A good systematic way to delay adoption of EVs ?