Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe only the AP/FSD prices for people who already had cars prior to 3/1 went up. They had been temporarily lowered as a special sale on 3/1. AP+ FSD did and has continued to cost the same as it always has, since Sept 2016(though the prices of each are swapped now, and some AP functionality moved to FSD).

So you're saying it didn't go up. Then 3000 + 5000 it's at now and was at last week was also the same price before the whole 6% discount thing?

FYI I am sad that TeslaFi seems to have only about 2200 M3 cars signed up for their service, from what I can tell from the website. This is a terrific service, the statistics available are really helpful and easy to use, and IMHO, as a web-based service a way better idea than layering on 3rd party mobile apps, each instance of which may independently be polling your car. In fact I kinda wish Tesla would purchase TeslaFi and integrated it with the official Tesla app.

I am a customer of TeslaFi but not an employee and have no investment or stake or involvement in the company.
I enthusiastically agree. TeslaFi adds a lot of value for road trips, and it gives me status information and control access when I'm 5,000 km away. Like @VValleyEV I'm just a satisfied customer.

Reactions: X Fan
Elon Musk just emailed every single Tesla employee saying car deliveries should be their 'primary priority' in what he's calling the biggest wave in company history

For the last ten days of the quarter, please consider your primary priority to be helping with vehicle deliveries. This applies to everyone. As challenges go, this is a good one to have, as we've built the cars and people have bought the cars, so we just need to get the cars to their new owners!

What has made this particularly difficult is that Europe and China are simultaneously experiencing the same massive increase in delivery volume that North America experienced last year. In some locations, the delivery rate is over 600% higher than its previous peak! This was further exacerbated by supplier shortages of EU spec components and a sticker printing error on our part in China that were only resolved in the past few weeks.

North America is also stressed, as the final month of this quarter is almost all North America builds. Moreover, for the first two weeks of march most cars were sent from our factory in California to the East Coast to ensure arrival before the end of the quarter.

The net result is a massive wave of deliveries needed throughout Europe, China and North America. This is the biggest wave in Tesla's history, but it is primarily a function of our first delivery of mass manufactured cars on two continents simultaneously, and will not be repeated in subsequent quarters.

To help, please contact Sanjay Shah in North America, Robin Ren in China and Ashley Harris in Europe.

So you're saying it didn't go up. Then 3000 + 5000 it's at now and was at last week was also the same price before the whole 6% discount thing?

Yep, and same as when I bought it back in 2016. The only change with the whole discount thing was for people who bought their cars previously but hadn’t purchased EAP and/or FSD.

• Helpful
Reactions: Antares Nebula
Specifically, 3 times last year bad news hit on a Thursday/Friday (Joe Rogan, SEC suit, can't remember the other one)
The NY Times hit piece came out the evening of Thu, Aug 16, 2018. That was a $30 haricot on Fri, Aug 17 (from $335 on Thu close to $305 Fri)

capture_002_17082018_203753.png

Elon's team asked for 5 days and 10 pages I believe

He asked for the 22nd and 10 pages; he got the 22nd and 8 pages. She had no need to grant anything at all.

Regardless, I'm really glad for this - one because it's another opportunity for Elon's team to argue its case and to have "the last word", but particularly because I'm really curious what it is that the attorneys wish to mention regarding their negotiations with the SEC. It may also give us some additional schedule clarity - they might request or waive an evidentiary hearing.

I like how the Model 3 deliveries are going vertical in Norway. We are just a couple days away from delivering half as many Model 3s than total of S&X delivered combined last year. And that is with deliveries only starting about a month ago.

Norway - 3-21-19.png

Also, it is interesting how similar the shape of the 2017 and 2018 deliveries were, just shifted up a little bit in the middle, but ending almost the same.

Last edited:
I like how the Model 3 deliveries are going vertical in Norway. We are just a couple days away from delivering half as many Model 3s than total of S&X delivered last year. And that is with deliveries only starting about a month ago.

View attachment 388986

I don’t know if it makes financial sense, but it would be great if Norway could somehow be part of the Europe GF.

Reactions: Antares Nebula
motion granted

8 pages, until tomorrow evening

JM on Twitter
So the SEC gets over a week to file a 60 page reply introducing new facts and arguments, but Elon has one day to file a max 8 page reply? (I'm sure his legal time has been working on it already, but still.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this response seems to suggest that the judge is leaning against Elon. People?

So the SEC gets over a week to file a 60 page reply introducing new facts and arguments, but Elon has one day to file a max 8 page reply? (I'm sure his legal time has been working on it already, but still.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this response seems to suggest that the judge is leaning against Elon. People?

I don’t think the timing means anything; they asked for the 22nd and got the 22nd. Page limit is lower than they asked for but who knows what that means. She might just be getting annoyed at having to read all these back and forth filings. Who knows.

Why would Elon say this delivery wave won’t be the same in subsequent quarters? Won’t their delivery strategy be the exact same going forward?
From the email: "This is the biggest wave in Tesla's history, but it is primarily a function of our first delivery of mass manufactured cars on two continents simultaneously, and will not be repeated in subsequent quarters."