Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would Elon say this delivery wave won’t be the same in subsequent quarters? Won’t their delivery strategy be the exact same going forward?

Hopefully things like ~2k+ cars getting held up in customs for a couple weeks won't happen again that caused delivery volume to increase more than they planned on for a given time period. Getting staff/infrastructure fully trained and up to speed world-wide, etc...

Reactions: neroden
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
From the email: "This is the biggest wave in Tesla's history, but it is primarily a function of our first delivery of mass manufactured cars on two continents simultaneously, and will not be repeated in subsequent quarters."

Yes I don’t understand why they won’t have mass deliveries on simultaneous continents in the future. I was assuming the playbook was start International production at the start of the quarter and then do their deliveries at the same time as US later in the quarter. Will Q2 focus on US primarily only?

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
Hopefully things like ~2k+ cars getting held up in customs for a couple weeks won't happen again that caused delivery volume to increase more than they planned on for a given time period. Getting staff/infrastructure fully trained and up to speed world-wide, etc...

Color me skeptical there won’t be delivery hell everywhere at the end of subsequent quarters for the foreseeable future.

I really wish Elon had just liked and retweeted Cramer's shady trading history video. That video says everything that needs to be said. There's no need for any petty comments to follow. I wince at such comments from Elon. I wish he understood that the message is more powerful by simply retweeting the video and letting it speak for itself.

Agreed. He needs to 'like' tweets that others post instead of initiating/continuing conversations via twitter. That way he stays above the fray and does not run the risk of 'material info' issue. He could even 'like' other people's suppositions that are close or are material as long as they are not Tesla staff.

He asked for the 22nd and 10 pages; he got the 22nd and 8 pages. She had no need to grant anything at all.

Regardless, I'm really glad for this - one because it's another opportunity for Elon's team to argue its case and to have "the last word", but particularly because I'm really curious what it is that the attorneys wish to mention regarding their negotiations with the SEC. It may also give us some additional schedule clarity - they might request or waive an evidentiary hearing.

yes, from my understanding, on balance it is good news because getting a sur-reply is fairly hard to do.

Love the new avatar :D

87214.jpg

getting a sur-reply isn't exactly an easy thing from my limited understanding, so thats good news.

bad news is obviously that she seems fed up with this case, and making the reply due tomorrow and at 8 pages vs 10

How do you know that's "bad news"? She might be fed up with the SEC.

Elon's team asked for 5 days and 10 pages I believe

In the legal world you 'ask' big and know you will probably get less. While I am not one of EM's lawyers I am sure they had a response (or several responses of different lengths) ready to go when they filed their initial request.

I agree that the judge wants to end the back and forth but is giving both sides every chance to state their positions. If she denied the request the optics would be bad for her decision, even if she already had made up her mind.

I was just reading the article about the Wedbush analysts, Dan Ives and Strecker Backe that visited the Fremont factory recently.
Spoiler Alert:

They were impressed and remain bullish.

Anyway, it made me think about all the investors here that probably have more on the line than any of these analysts. I realize that owners can get tours and such but how exciting would it be to have a group invite to all the retail investors for a big blow-out party like the ones they do for employees on occasion. Maybe after all the dust settles with the SEC, demand hell, delivery hell, it would be an extremely Tesla-like show of appreciation for those of us that have patiently supported the company through thick and thin.

Those of us that alienated our family, lost our jobs by spending too much time on this GD forum, forgotten what our kids look like, all the sacrifices we've made. They could partition off the stadium into sections based on the different forums so using name tags we could put a face to the avatar. Could you imagine the buying frenzy if they made it a 10 share or 100 share minimum for the invite.

$420 secured.

Why would Elon say this delivery wave won’t be the same in subsequent quarters? Won’t their delivery strategy be the exact same going forward?

I think European production started later in the quarter than will be normal, it seems due to lack of some Europe specific parts. Also, China was delayed by the label printing issue, so deliveries pushed back to end of Q. Deliveries should be better spread out in future quarters, but month 3 is always going to be by far the busiest. Also, the delivery teams will have experience delivering in such quantities so can iron out the bottlenecks and inefficiencies.

No, because the rear camera should be up at all times so you can see the blind spots (in addition to properly set wing mirrors).

Hmm...I must be an extraordinary driver because until my 3, I’ve never had a backup camera on a car/truck/tractor/atv or other vehicle type that I drove on a public road. Like ever. And I’ve not hit anything behind me or in my blind spots. (Vigorously knocking on wood!!!)

And I don’t drive with my backup camera screen on when I drive now. And I don’t even really use it for backing up and certainly not for checking my blind spots.

Honestly, it sort of freaks me out every time I put the car in reverse and it pops up. I’m like, ‘fo, my eyes and neck still work just fine!’

Can you pass a driver’s test nowadays by using a backup camera? Or is it still required that you constantly look in your review mirror, side mirrors and turn your head to look over your shoulders?

You are seeing apparent range loss due to the cold, as chemically a cold battery will inhibit electron travel. But most of it is not real loss. It’s not like 40 kWh went up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

Much of that apparent loss comes back as you drive and the pack heats up.

I drove my car. I used 3 miles of rated range per mile I drove it. I drove about 25 miles and used 75 miles of range. My Model S has 107,000 miles on it. I've been all around the USA, multiple times. I'm aware of how it works. I'm not posting like "energy vanished!!!!".

Would you like to visit in Chicago with me and the car next time it's below 0F so you can see it for yourself?

Last edited: