Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest delivery windows (from CA). Interesting they dropped the LR designations for X and S, and SR(+) for 3, but no SR equivalent for Y (probably because demand is too high for LR and Perf so no need to make SR available). Currently a one year wait list for non-plaid S & X!

ModelEst Delivery
Model SNov 2022
Model S PlaidDec
Model 3Jun
Model 3 LRDec
Model 3 PerfDec
Model XNov 2022
Model X PlaidAug
Model Y LRJun
Model Y PerfJan

Last edited:
And yet another $1K price increase on the Model Y. BAF for demand and future margins.

I am very glad we ordered our Model Y early summer.

Wow, that’s crazy. I’m glad I ordered in September before the $4k-$5k increase. As an investor that’s great. However, I will not be recommending family and friends to buy at these prices. Around here anything over $45k for a car is considered a lot of money which is probably why I hardly see any Teslas. But obviously someone is ordering them. Lol

I wonder how many of the current orders people placed are contingent on the EV rebate passing. I know my dads order is and he is the only other person I know with one outside of the people here.

Apologies in advance if this was already posted - I just saw it on Jim Hall’s Twitter page and had a good laugh

1636684663523.jpeg

Do you pay $4/month to read that tripe? Has Barron's ever written a positive (or even an accurate and non-biased) article about Tesla?

A premium wireless data connection for your Tesla is only $10. One is worthwhile, the other is worthless.
Oh, c'mon. Barrons is always wrong about everything. I know that was true of everything they ever had on Apple, so it's been the case for decades. Such a reliable source can be valuable.

Wow, that’s crazy. I’m glad I ordered in September before the $4k-$5k increase. As an investor that’s great. However, I will not be recommending family and friends to buy at these prices. Around here anything over $45k for a car is considered a lot of money which is probably why I hardly see any Teslas. But obviously someone is ordering them. Lol

I wonder how many of the current orders people placed are contingent on the EV rebate passing. I know my dads order is and he is the only other person I know with one outside of the people here.
Ya, we paid $53K for our LR just a few months ago. It's now $59K. Crazy is right.

It feels like 50% of the Fremont Model Ys are being delivered locally here in the Bay Area. They're everywhere. Teslas have quickly replaced BMWs as the brand of choice in Silicon Valley.

The bond market and banks were closed today in honor of Veterans Day. That includes Wall Street investment banks like Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. That should explain today's low stock market volume. The bank closures also could explain why Elon may have paused in his stock selling today.
And the government was closed today, implying no SEC filings.

So this is first closed -beta FSD crash I've heard about. As a fellow closed-beta FSD participant, it's totally believable that the car drove into the wrong lane (unfortunately). What's highly suspicious is the claim that the steering wheel could not be overridden. That's really your only job as an FSD driver...don't let the car do anything dangerous. Unless this driver has a strangely faulty vehicle, Tesla will be able to show the data that contradicts the driver's story. Unfortunately, that won't be newsworthy by most "news" organizations unlike the driver's claims that are likely to flood the media soon. IMO, there will be lots of these types of claims for months, even years going forward. I'm anxious to see how Tesla handles the narrative here....
I wouldn’t be surprised if some over zealous short seller is at it again. I haven’t seen any potential punishments for filing a false NHTSA complaint.

It's very interesting that TSLAQ was first able to plant Missy Cummings in the NHTSA and then stage an accident with FSD beta not that long after. They tried and failed to weaponize the SEC against us, now it seems they will try the NHTSA. This time TSLAQ even seems to control the President and got him to appoint Missy Cummings. This isn't just regulatory capture, I'm quite concerned that they have the entire US government under their control.

OK, I'll be the first to admit Tesla has a lot of adversaries but TSLAQ has enough trouble controlling their own finances. There is no alternate reality in which they control "the entire US government". Have you considered stepping away from the bong for a few weeks? 🤪

/s