Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or at least, you know, wait for confirmation that this actually car had FSD Beta 10.4 as opposed the public Full Self-Driving Capability option package which is also in Beta (and does not have city street functionality).

Harlon's Razor.
This is kind of my point. We have very little information.

Most likely this will get blown completely out of proportion regardless.

All I’m saying is *we don’t know much here*. Everyone loves to make judgement calls before the facts are in.

I generally agree with what all of you guys are saying here. It is unlikely, what he described is what happened.

I‘ve been on the other side of a big group of people jumping to conclusions on little to no information and it sucks.

All I’m saying is *we don’t know much here*. Everyone loves to make judgement calls before the facts are in.
Yeah, like when Tesla haters were saying there was no driver in the Houston crash, when every Tesla owner knew there is no way AP would have gone 0-60 in two seconds in a residential area with no markings (and nobody in the seat)? IT IS A FACT THAT FSD WILL NOT OVERPOWER A DRIVER AND REFUSE TO DISCONNECT. Therefore we KNOW for a FACT that the driver is lying and trying to lay blame. The only thing we don't know yet is in how many ways the driver screwed up. I am more than happy to wait and hear all the details about that, and why they should lose their license.

So this is first closed -beta FSD crash I've heard about. As a fellow closed-beta FSD participant, it's totally believable that the car drove into the wrong lane (unfortunately). What's highly suspicious is the claim that the steering wheel could not be overridden. That's really your only job as an FSD driver...don't let the car do anything dangerous. Unless this driver has a strangely faulty vehicle, Tesla will be able to show the data that contradicts the driver's story. Unfortunately, that won't be newsworthy by most "news" organizations unlike the driver's claims that are likely to flood the media soon. IMO, there will be lots of these types of claims for months, even years going forward. I'm anxious to see how Tesla handles the narrative here....

I really don't think that was a left hand turn I believe that is autopilot mistaking the road as a curve not a turn. I often go through a Y and depending if there is a lead vehicle it chooses which way to go I don't consider that a right or left hand turn although AP stays engaged.
You may not consider it a left turn... but those were left turns. Dual lane, just like it sounds this event happened in.
So this is first closed -beta FSD crash I've heard about.
Alleged... Doesn't call out version or closed Beta...

Thread for discussion :
First FSD Beta accident?

This is kind of my point. We have very little information.

Most likely this will get blown completely out of proportion regardless.

I generally agree with what all of you guys are saying here. It is unlikely, what he described is what happened.

I‘ve been on the other side of a big group of people jumping to conclusions on little to no information and it sucks.

I have FSD beta and the steering wheel is very sensitive to human input during the turns. It takes very little effort to disengage FSD in the turn, in fact I accidentally disengaged FSD many time during a turn just because I'm holding the steering wheel too tight.

Why does someone in the beta program immediately file a NHTSA report?

EDIT: alleged beta
Yeah, its highly probably that they are NOT in the FSD Beta,
because, in MY experience with the beta the expected vehicular response in this intersection should have been, DiS-engage FSD while in the middle of the intersection, then ACCELERATE but only going straight to the outer apex while in the middle of the turn, which should have put them into the street lamp/post at the far corner ~ 3 o’clock while getting t-boned from the right side by another vehicle.

So, I’m calling bunk. ;-)

While I’m getting pretty annoyed with Manchin lately, I have to agree with this - having a bi-forcated rebate/credit/dealer kick-back amount for Union vs. Non-union certainly sounds a lot like picking “winners and losers” which pretty much everyone should be against in a market driven capitalistic society.
Indeed. The purpose of that section of the bill is to encourage the purchase of EVs through tax credits to consumers. It should not be to encourage workers to unionize. If desired, that should be handled in an entirely separted bill. The consumer/taxpayers have no say in unionization. The companies have no say in unionization. Only the workers can decide whether to unionize.

Years ago the established automakers treated their workers so badly that they chose to unionize. Workers at Tesla and some othre automakers are apparently so pleased with their companies that they have never voted to unionize. Which situation is more commendable?

The unionization requirement for the $4500 is purely a political ploy to reward the UAW for donations, and supposely for votes from workers it represents in swing states. Meanwhile, yesterday the DOJ charged a UAW executive with embezzling $2 miilion after charging fifteen other UAW officials in an ongoing scandal. The last two UAW presidents were so corrupt that they are now in prison.

Either dump the unionization requirement for $4500, or add the $4500 to the first $8000.

Yeah, like when Tesla haters were saying there was no driver in the Houston crash, when every Tesla owner knew there is no way AP would have gone 0-60 in two seconds in a residential area with no markings (and nobody in the seat)? I A FACT THAT FSD WILL NOT OVERPOWER A DRIVER AND REFUSE TO DISCONNECT. Therefore we KNOW for a FACT that the driver is lying and trying to lay blame. The only thing we don't know yet is in how many ways the driver screwed up. I am more than happy to wait and hear all the details about that, and why they should lose their license.
May not even be a real situation but tslaq trying to bring down share price as Elon is selling.

Yeah, its highly probably that they are NOT in the FSD Beta,
because, in MY experience with the beta the expected vehicular response in this intersection should have been, DiS-engage FSD while in the middle of the intersection, then ACCELERATE but only going straight to the outer apex while in the middle of the turn, which should have put them into the street lamp/post at the far corner ~ 3 o’clock while getting t-boned from the right side by another vehicle.

So, I’m calling bunk. ;-)

I couldn't be more confused after reading this.

So you're saying

1. You have FSD beta
  2. You've personally experienced how FSD beta operates at the same location of the NHTSA complaint or
  3. You're describing general deficiencies of FSD beta that you've experienced personally that you feel are relevant to this case
  4. And this somehow ends in a getting t-boned (which the complaint didn't say?)
  5. Then you end with a winky face, which is internet speak for something like /s
Did I say I couldn't be more confused?

Yeah, like when Tesla haters were saying there was no driver in the Houston crash, when every Tesla owner knew there is no way AP would have gone 0-60 in two seconds in a residential area with no markings (and nobody in the seat)? IT IS A FACT THAT FSD WILL NOT OVERPOWER A DRIVER AND REFUSE TO DISCONNECT. Therefore we KNOW for a FACT that the driver is lying and trying to lay blame. The only thing we don't know yet is in how many ways the driver screwed up. I am more than happy to wait and hear all the details about that, and why they should lose their license.
Yes....but how much traction did the Houston story get...makes me sick ...but ANY NEWS with Tesla in it sells dem clicks.
This is why we can't have nice things.

People are despicable.

It's very interesting that TSLAQ was first able to plant Missy Cummings in the NHTSA and then stage an accident with FSD beta not that long after. They tried and failed to weaponize the SEC against us, now it seems they will try the NHTSA. This time TSLAQ even seems to control the President and got him to appoint Missy Cummings. This isn't just regulatory capture, I'm quite concerned that they have the entire US government under their control.

MOD:
And now it is the turn for all those insanely inane, puerile, neanderthalish knuckle-dragging numerology posts to be excised. Can it possibly be that there are posters here who haven't learned the lessons given by other Mods over the past 2-3 years?

ZERO posts that purport to be useful regarding chicken entrails masquerading as cute numbers.