Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It takes the fun out of funny when someone doesn’t get the joke. Procrastinating is really for p*$$i*$, but recently that word was used and someone claimed they immediately thought of kittens. Which....hogwash. So, being as I am in full support of kittens and they can do no wrong, and I didn’t want to upset anyone by using that other word, I substituted with puppies.

See. No longer even a little bit funny.
But it is funny! I didn't get it before, but now that you explained it, I think it's hysterical. Never noticed before that pu$$y and puppy were so close is spelling. And it's also funny that a well known cat person would use puppies in a derogatory manner (not that I ever thought of "pu$$y" used in that way as a baby cat. I guess my mind is in the gutter).
P.S. Puppies are cute but then they turn into dogs and not so cute and way too dependent and just not a cat.
And we are indeed cute, and super dependable, and (thank Dog) not a cat. Vive la différence!

This makes me nauseous thinking this guy can get a third free roadster. View attachment 389064

Great post @Navin - Fred writing click-bait aimed at profiting from both sides of the fence while abandoning the camp that brought him the level of circulation that his self-serving articles now enjoy is pathetic IMO. He is no different than Dana after she left a job that once helped advance sustainability at the Mercury News to write smear pieces and FUD with a focus on crushing the movement towards a more sustainable planet.........except that Dana never whined to Elon that she was owed anything. Fred's selfish temper tantrums put Elon in a tight spot IMO because Fred did originally help create a large circulation of followers that helped Elon/TSLA get over some high hurdles. It sure feels like Fred is leveraging that long-ago effort for personal gain now. What happened to the moral and ethical character of these people? There is no wonder that greed is one of the seven deadly sins.

lols, someone's been tweeting this idea, repeatedly, to Elon for nearly a year... both for such a feedback forum for verified vehicle owners and another for verified shareholders. said someone even tweeted this idea again a couple of hours before you posted this comment here today (after having given it a rest for a month or two).

unlike the shareholder feedback mechanism Galileo Russell later began promoting a couple of months ago, this would be a continuous feedback mechanism throughout the year (not limited to quarterly earnings calls) and, would not require your entrusting your brokerage account info to a third party. Tesla, could simply verify shareholders the same way it sends us proxies/annual reports, etc. as far as verifying vehicle ownership for that forum, Tesla already has that information noted with existing Tesla website accounts.

View attachment 389079
We should totally spam this idea to galileo from hyper change he checks lots of comments on his videos and he is on the conference call , so he could mention it on the next conference call.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Contrary to Mark B. S., this is definitely good news. Judge Nathan spent several days reviewing the outlandish case and then told Musk's lawyers to go ahead and rebut the SEC.

She knows they've already prepared the reply, so the one-day limit is to cut the extra two pages out. (She is sending a "stop being so verbose" message).

I think she's going to rebuke Musk and also rebuke the SEC and is trying to figure out how to do it.
Bingo except I think there is a chance now that the greater rebuke will be on the SEC

OT, and this is it, off to another thread if people want to discuss further:

If they have a functioning bug database, the software department isn't using it. At all. Otherwise there wouldn't be high-priority bugs affecting thousands of angry customers which would take a couple of days to fix and haven't been fixed for five years. And we *know* they're not doing proper regression testing. The software history is way too awful and full of newly-introduced, never-fixed regressions.

Hardware department might be using the bug database; they're doing a good job.
Hey @neroden, I've been in software 25 years, leading up to 50 people, running systems with millions of lines of code, and leading 2nd in the world domain registrar.
And from this experience, I'll tell you, you are judging them too harshly.
I think QA is actually doing bang-up job job considering complexities (knock-knock). That job would keep me up at night.

Elon’s on the way to Detroit. Who wants to start the rumor mill? Karen?
EF252F16-7A92-4A39-80A8-587F0F8D26B4.jpeg

We should totally spam this idea to galileo from hyper change he checks lots of comments on his videos and he is on the conference call , so he could mention it on the next conference call.

Galileo now seems quite affiliated with the group that is independently doing this for conference calls as a third party business.

He reached out to Tesla for the last earnings call, and they took questions offered on that site. I think Galileo has an understandable conflict of interest with the idea he started promoting a couple of months ago (and may have a business interest in), and the idea in the tweet I shared from that person whose been pestering Elon for nearly a year to do this (both with a forum for verified shareholders and a forum for verified vehicle owners).

Glad you want to help get the idea to Tesla. Could really be a disruptive gain in company/investor and company/consumer communications. Could also be helpful if Elon does become more limited in his tweeting to have a new in-house way of connecting to pick up some diminished Twitter utility.

Reactions: humbaba and neroden
Hey @neroden, I've been in software 25 years, leading up to 50 people, running systems with millions of lines of code, and leading 2nd in the world domain registrar.
And from this experience, I'll tell you, you are judging them too harshly.
I think QA is actually doing bang-up job job considering complexities (knock-knock). That job would keep me up at night.

Absolutely, especially consider the snafu Apple had, like logging into Mac OS using root with no password, issuing fix that broke something else, face time fiasco, let alone the hot mess called Siri...

Care to expand on your thoughts? Have been hoping you might weigh in on this.
Ok you don't go behind the written words of an agreement to ask each party what they meant and look at what was said unless the agreement itself is vague or incapable of being understood on it's own. In other words why asks what the parties meant when you have a signed document. The judge's permission does not mean anything here except that we will.see the negotiations which will be interesting and may help EM a lot

Oh dear god. I think Tesla is unstoppable, but come on, the whipsawing is dumb.

Since this one buys two people 1000 miles of free Supercharging (costing Tesla an average of maybe $120) and one or two lottery tickets (*total* cost is limited to 12 Model Y and 4 Roadsters per year), it is certainly much more reasonable-cost than the previous program. They should check the legal rules on lotteries, though, which I suspect they didn't.

On the other incentive -- offering free Supercharging on new S & X for old owners with free Supercharging gets people to trade in their cars who had an incentive to NOT trade in their cars -- but only if they buy S & X, not Model 3. That seems like a very rational offer which costs Tesla nothing at all and encourages people to buy the more expensive cars (and Model S demand probably has peaked).

I seem to be missing this, I even looked on Teslas site. Could someone point me to where current S/X owners get free SC on new S/X purchases?

Ever thought that maybe, just maybe you bought into Tesla based solely on hype and the sp is finally catching up to the hype?
Don't quite your day job to be a psychic.
I spent at least 200 hrs of research about everything Tesla/EM before my first buy of TSLA.
I've only taken 8 different position in the last 6-7 years of investing.

Ok you don't go behind the written words of an agreement to ask each party what they meant and look at what was said unless the agreement itself is vague or incapable of being understood on it's own. In other words why asks what the parties meant when you have a signed document. The judge's permission does not mean anything here except that we will.see the negotiations which will be interesting and may help EM a lot
I agree. I’m quite looking forward to the sur-reply and I think we will see a focus on this statement from the SEC reply brief
SEC reply brief said:
Musk’s argument that he consented to the terms of the Court’s order only because he believed he had sole discretion to determine when the pre-approval requirement applied (Dkt. No. 27-9, at ¶ 6) is inconsistent with the plain language of the Court’s order. The Court’s order clearly mandates that Musk obtain pre-approval of written communications that contain or reasonably could contain material information and states nowhere that this requirement is subject to his discretion. Musk voluntarily waived the constitutional arguments he now advances. Dkt. No. 6-1, at 4 (“Defendant enters into this Consent voluntarily”).
They say Musk using his discretion to seek pre-approval is inconsistent with the plain language of the court order. They go on to site what the order clearly mandates and that is that “Musk obtain pre-approval of written communications that contain or reasonably could contain material information.” So it’s obvious Musk isn’t mandated a twitter sitter as some have called it. He only needs pre-approval of material information. They go on to say it’s not subject to his discretion, but obviously somewhere along the lines someone needs to use discretion to determine if something needs pre-approval.

In the case of SEC vs Tesla the order was that Tesla institute a policy by which Elon communications can get pre-approval in the event he is to release material written communication. They have fully complied with that order as well, as shown in Elon’s reply brief, showing Tesla’s policy.

I think the SEC is on pretty shaky ground here and based on the sur-reply request motion it appears Elon and Tesla have documented negotiation regarding how they instituted their policies for compliance.

Disclaimer: IANAL, not advice

Ever thought that maybe, just maybe you bought into Tesla based solely on hype and the sp is finally catching up to the hype?

A smooth growth isn't exactly what I call Tesla's position the past 4 years. How many times have Elon went ahead of himself, and then retracted back because "oh that was stupid, shouldn't have done that". From the falcon wing doors to robots that built the robots, time a time again the perceived initial production difficulty always end up being tripled in reality.

I really don't think a few tweets caused the stock to be where it's at now. FSD, the promised of cross country autonomous drive and 5k/week M3 production that's not 6 months late was baked into a 380 dollar sp 2.5 years ago. The SP gets ahead of itself and then pulls back when reality hits. Tesla does not have perfect execution because it's probably impossible for a any start up car company that "doesn't know what we are doing -Elon" would. This is what we are experiencing to be honest.

The 420 tweet and the subsequent flip probably destroyed more bulls than any shorts did.