Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just want to see Elon Musks face while the video of Mary Barra giving the President a tour of GM‘s “State of the Art” factory and they walk past this monstrosity of a battery pack for the Hummer

View attachment 734071

(Edit clarified what it was for)
Can you imagine in a worse case scenario of a hummer crash and the battery catches fire? It'll take days not hours to put that fire out, geeze!

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
Well the Hummer is a giant brick of a vehicle, GM needed an utterly huge battery pack just to give it an acceptable range.

Of course this is why it will never be a competitive vehicle either! :p

The EV Hummer will sell well to people well-blessed with money but lacking endowment in certain physical and psychological areas. It's a small market but that's OK, GM is only planning on making them in very small numbers.

Or any task that requires a greater range of mobility, for example, lifting a part off a trolley, and carrying it a few steps to the car.

To start the process, all they needed to do is identify one simple, mundane repetitive task that the bot can do, that a mobile trolley or regular factory robot can't do. Or for which using a regular factory robot would be too expensive and time consuming.

This includes assembly and inspection tasks., cameras and AI may already do a lot of the QA, but maybe there are some situations where the bot can move to an optimal position to inspect the car, including inside the car.

Burger flipper. IE makes the whole sandwich.

• Funny
Reactions: MC3OZ
TL;DR - Tesla is a ride...of a lifetime and Elon is, for better or worse, in good times and bad, in complete control and we will all benefit from it immensely. Maybe much more starting 12/9.

Elon is not your average billionaire, nor will he act like he has any money, at all, ever, he's an engineer, with the heart of a physicist, soul of a maker, drive of an innovator, spirit of an entrepreneur and the will of a true warrior. He works tirelessly and we had too many, way too many 'drives' (where we produced AP code for him to drive) well after working hours as well on the weekend. I pushed code to his car while it was parked at his house 100's of miles away and then patiently waited for his feedback which usually was within hours (unheard-of for a CEO). Do you think Gates or Balmer did that for me while I worked on Windows? (ok, Sinofsky did, he was cool) or XBOX? I soaked up all the feedback I could get from Elon. But I digress...
Elon is, has and will continue to tweet emotionally about things that have no basis or connection toward Tesla, SpaceX, Neurolink or Boring.
For those of us born in the mid 70's (and possibly more) his references are pure gold and give perspective as well.
For those of us born in the 2000's and into tech, he is the only person to work for, hands down, doesn't matter what he says on Twitter.
For those of us that don't fall into those two timespans, it is most likely much harder to read those tweets. I, for one, am in the former 70's category, and don't like reading them, but realize I'm not Elon and when I put myself into his shoes, I realize he is being harassed by politicians and I understand lashing out, but to a degree. I'm reminded of this poem and I think it sums up his will up pretty well. He knows the planet will die if we do nothing, he knows that the tech can be built to stop it, so he's doing it and the reward is ONLY for the planet to NOT die. If you think he's in this for the money, power or even the american way you will most likely not be able to predict, with any confidence, his next move.

And he inspired people to guess like this:

I think it IS safe to say, "It's different this time."

Tesla is arguably the most disruptive company in history, up there with Amazon, and then going beyond it. We're still in the early innings here and we're about 98% in TSLA. We'll not be buying shares in any other company for a while.

STRONGLY recommend a watch of SMR's video on diversification, one of his best:

TLDR:

- diversification is for idiots. And he plays snippets of comments echoing the same from high profile investors including Buffett.

- do your research identify 1 or 2 stocks and stick with it.

- And lastly <drum roll> while he continues to hold his current 95% position of $TSLA, every cent of new money is now going to ARKG (genomics).

Last edited:
TL;DR - Tesla is a ride...of a lifetime and Elon is, for better or worse, in good times and bad, in complete control and we will all benefit from it immensely. Maybe much more starting 12/9.

Elon is not your average billionaire, nor will he act like he has any money, at all, ever, he's an engineer, with the heart of a physicist, soul of a maker, drive of an innovator, spirit of an entrepreneur and the will of a true warrior. He works tirelessly and we had too many, way too many 'drives' (where we produced AP code for him to drive) well after working hours as well on the weekend. I pushed code to his car while it was parked at his house 100's of miles away and then patiently waited for his feedback which usually was within hours (unheard-of for a CEO). Do you think Gates or Balmer did that for me while I worked on Windows? (ok, Sinofsky did, he was cool) or XBOX? I soaked up all the feedback I could get from Elon. But I digress...
Elon is, has and will continue to tweet emotionally about things that have no basis or connection toward Tesla, SpaceX, Neurolink or Boring.
For those of us born in the mid 70's (and possibly more) his references are pure gold and give perspective as well.
For those of us born in the 2000's and into tech, he is the only person to work for, hands down, doesn't matter what he says on Twitter.
For those of us that don't fall into those two timespans, it is most likely much harder to read those tweets. I, for one, am in the former 70's category, and don't like reading them, but realize I'm not Elon and when I put myself into his shoes, I realize he is being harassed by politicians and I understand lashing out, but to a degree. I'm reminded of this poem and I think it sums up his will up pretty well. He knows the planet will die if we do nothing, he knows that the tech can be built to stop it, so he's doing it and the reward is ONLY for the planet to NOT die. If you think he's in this for the money, power or even the american way you will most likely not be able to predict, with any confidence, his next move.

After reading his entire thread, I have concluded one definitely true fact...

The dude really wants a stock split.

Okay, I was just minding my own business, sipping some Whiskey, when this thought crossed my mind and proceeded to demand I post up immediately, if not sooner, as the Earth may very well be in danger.

So, let's just imagine for a moment how a Tesla bot will eventually be taught to drive.

Let's go one step further and naturally presume then, that some Teslabot will at some time be capable of driving a Cybertruck.

Would doing so result in the Teslabot then being a ...

:oops: Cyberman :eek:

AATXAJwjlv0dEgcVfncSaqA66V9To4ZrarGC4a-A2g=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Somebody call The Doctor, stat! ;)

Last edited:
The Buc-ees partnership will sell more cars in Texas than even having the factory here.

There’s people that take road trips just to have an excuse to fuel up at Buc-ees. I bet the average stop is at least 20 minutes, so it makes total sense.

Yes, it’s just a gas station with nice bathrooms and a food, but it has a cult like following in Texas.

Humans are such excellent pattern-finders that we will frequently see meaning and intentions in random coincidences. (Out of curiosity, I just learned this is called apophenia.) I have spent much of my career as a quality engineer trying to convince people not to read too much into random variation on metrics charts. I am well aware of the dangers of Type I error in hypothesis testing.

And yet, this tweet thread posits that Elon is subtly intimating something big will happen on 12/9 and I find myself believing it. The series of unlikely events is astronomically unlikely to be random and my prior probability is high that Elon would post a cryptic, nerdy series of Easter Eggs to announce something like a stock split. An additional curious thing not noticed by OP was that the string of digits ends with 69.

This also indicates that either he or someone else he knows enjoys Number Theory as a hobby, because it would have required some fairly difficult math to set this up. Yet at the same time, the tweets would provide perfect plausible deniability to defend against any market manipulation lawsuits. This appears to be expert-level trolling of the SEC.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s just a gas station with nice bathrooms and a food, but it has a cult like following in Texas.

So kind of like Sheetz here in PA? Sheetz is also installing a LOT of Tesla superchargers at their gas stations here, so is Wawa.

When I get my LR MY next year I'll have to make a road trip south to the closest Buc-ees with a supercharger to see what all the hubbub is about! :cool:

TLDR:

- diversification is for idiots. And he plays snippets of comments echoing the same from high profile investors including Buffett.

- do your research identify 1 or 2 stocks and stick with it.
your posting is very timely... i had a meeting with my bank this morning who suggested i entrust my retirement acct (full of TSLA) over to them so that they can diversify it (aka sell all) into cash/bonds/GIC/ETF/funds/etc. For their service, i would get 7.15% ROR minus 1% fees. Everything is "very low risk" since "trust officers at VP level will actively manage my money and they have been doing this for a long time".

oh, i ALSO need to take out a HELOC loan against my home equity just in case they need buffer cash to "rebalance" the retirement acct that i sign over.

Rich Dad Scam #8: “Build a diversified investment portfolio for the long term”

TLDR:
- Financial planning is an industry created by the banks to make money off the financially illiterate

- ... you’re putting control of your money in someone else’s hands

- Nearly every financial planner will tell you that in order to be financially secure, you must diversify. By this they mean to invest in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Unfortunately, this is not true diversification. Rather it is diversification in only one asset class, paper assets—the class where banks make big money in the form of fees. Virtually ignored are the other asset classes, real estate, commodities, and business.