Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
your posting is very timely... i had a meeting with my bank this morning who suggested i entrust my retirement acct (full of TSLA) over to them so that they can diversify it (aka sell all) into cash/bonds/GIC/ETF/funds/etc. For their service, i would get 7.15% ROR minus 1% fees. Everything is "very low risk" since "trust officers at VP level will actively manage my money and they have been doing this for a long time".

oh, i ALSO need to take out a HELOC loan against my home equity just in case they need buffer cash to "rebalance" the retirement acct that i sign over.

Rich Dad Scam #8: “Build a diversified investment portfolio for the long term”

TLDR:
- Financial planning is an industry created by the banks to make money off the financially illiterate

- ... you’re putting control of your money in someone else’s hands

- Nearly every financial planner will tell you that in order to be financially secure, you must diversify. By this they mean to invest in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Unfortunately, this is not true diversification. Rather it is diversification in only one asset class, paper assets—the class where banks make big money in the form of fees. Virtually ignored are the other asset classes, real estate, commodities, and business.
This post is really helpful and amazingly accurate for lots of people. Thank you.

Getting into SpaceX/Starlink with a Baron fund is a way to get access to Friends of Elon opportunities.

If one wanted to follow Peter's advice on winnowing out a set of story stocks, Cathie will identify the initial set, but her rules don't let her concentrate as winners emerge. I wonder if her rules were required to attract money from people who have bought the diversification story you told. She is hobbled by that story.

Thank you for helping me sort out Cathie's real world constraints.

So kind of like Sheetz here in PA? Sheetz is also installing a LOT of Tesla superchargers at their gas stations here, so is Wawa.

When I get my LR MY next year I'll have to make a road trip south to the closest Buc-ees with a supercharger to see what all the hubbub is about! :cool:
In my over twenty years living here, I've never stopped at a Buc-ees. I guess I'll have to try them once the Superchargers are opened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prunesquallor
OT(?): I haven't seen this noticed here:

A German 100 % BEV company Sono Motors is now in Nasdaq. (Sono Group N.V., Ticker: SEV)

They are still on early stages, planning to bring Sono Sion to the customers on H1 2023.

"Sion
A spacious electric car with a range of up to 305 kilometers that charges itself through the power of the sun.

Powered by the Sun
248 solar cells seamlessly integrated into the body of the car can add 112 km, on average (up to 245 km) per week, of driving range to the car's battery, through the power of the sun. This creates full self-sufficiency on short distances."

Average True range is an indicator of volatility, that is the up down bounces, around ~4 weeks ago a 20 day moving average of ATR bounced UP, implying volatility is up (large price swings perhaps
1637236176670.png

Last 6 months

1637236307115.png

Last 6 Weeks, with additional BBands graph, overall, to me, looks upwards and there was a "discontinuity" maybe 4 weeks ago, seeming to me, trending up, BUT with more volatility due to jump in ATR. (plus weird numerology trolling everywhere based on 420 and "soixante-neuf" for the juvenile minded ((99% of males)))
1637236433757.png

Attachments

• 1637236087772.png
    1637236087772.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 94
Rumor Mill: First Model Y Leaving Assembly Line at Giga Berlin Brandenburg
Timestamp 5:59
🥳🥳🥳

Very nice! And at 7:58 you can see the cars driving up and down the test track (behind the trees).

I have not seen a test track at Giga Texas yet. It's interesting how different the progress at these two sites are. Rumors relayed by the drone pilots say cars are being made in Texas too - but I haven't seen any - except for the Model Y suspended from the roof inside the factory.

A German 100 % BEV company Sono Motors is now in Nasdaq. (Sono Group N.V., Ticker: SEV)

They are still on early stages, planning to bring Sono Sion to the customers on H1 2023.

"Sion
A spacious electric car with a range of up to 305 kilometers that charges itself through the power of the sun.

Powered by the Sun
248 solar cells seamlessly integrated into the body of the car can add 112 km, on average (up to 245 km) per week, of driving range to the car's battery, through the power of the sun. This creates full self-sufficiency on short distances."

Cheeky bar stewards show it charging a Tesla.

Long time member, owner (x4), and hider in the shadows of this thread for the last few years (thanks to all of you for all that I have learned from this specific TMC thread!).

First post:

An investment in TSLA is an investment in Elon. They are quite obviously intertwined. If anyone wants to see what the boss is doing and once again inspire your continued investment in him , TSLA, and humanity see the link:

Amidst the share sale, tax and political conversation I find the video above once again awe-inspiring and grounding towards our mutual mission.
Anyone want to take one for the team....and link to the Elon parts?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
TLDR:

- diversification is for idiots. And he plays snippets of comments echoing the same from high profile investors including Buffett.

- do your research identify 1 or 2 stocks and stick with it.

- And lastly <drum roll> while he continues to hold his current 95% position of $TSLA, every cent of new money is now going to ARKG (genomics).
Fair to say that diversification is about preserving wealth but even that is a bit of a trap. It is a recognition that the future is uncertain and in our current point in time there is nothing more disruptive than TSLA.

Alternatively-Warren Buffet famously failed to invest in anything silicon valley or technology related at all. His firm would be worth 10x more than it is if he had only bought into the handful of strong emerging stocks such as Cisco or Intel or Qualcomm when he had the chance. His lack of diversification actually hurt his performance (which is pretty humorous). Now TSLA comes along and will likely disrupt many of his core businesses (rail and utilities). Remember that he and Munger saw electric cars coming and decided that they would not miss the boat this time. They studied and studied...and bought BYD. So kudus to Buffet for recognizing change and at 80+ and Munger was 90 then, making groundbreaking bets. BYD wasn't a bad bet either- I imagine that they'll do just fine. His big mistake was to only invest in the 1 company and not 2. In the past he'd often invest in 2-3 so he could really dig into operations. I'd be curious to know how/why Munger ruled out TSLA to focus on BYD. I'm still impressed that at 90 they said that's the future and made bets.

"Sion