Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy carp - I'm nearly 25 pages behind after a couple of evening out...

So apologies if this has already been posted, but Tesla are scrapping service intervals and moving to as-needed.

Obviously this is very bullish and anathema for stealerships! I have a pre-paid 4-year plan, so not sure how this will work out.

Tesla eliminates service schedules, moves to an 'as-needed' model - Roadshow
Absolutely love this. What other car manufacturers would do this? Service is their dealerships biggest profit maker.

Dan

You driving a car with a regular 0-60 acceleration time measured in minutes is the most horrible thing I have read all week, and I read a lot.

Karen, when you receive your Model 3, you must enable Chill Mode!

It's one of those "I swore my next vehicle would be an EV" things, and here I am, still waiting years later.... ;)

I also wonder if musk is considering buying the Ohio factory being closed by GM. Just a thought. It would be a big political winner.

That's a possibility - but that the timing of Elon's trip coincides with GM making a big EV production announcement is curious.

Elon normally wouldn't be lending a hand to GM's PR efforts, unless Tesla gets something significant in return.

I.e. if it's related to the Flint GM plant, then I'd expect it to not just be Elon strolling around and negotiating, but the announcement of a final deal.

He asked for the 22nd and 10 pages; he got the 22nd and 8 pages. She had no need to grant anything at all.
O'K, first off I'm no lawyer, however this would be my approach. Write with a smaller font, expand the margins and delete the header and footer block and presto, you have a 10 page document on 8 pages.

Seriously, IMHO the SEC continued overhang on stock knocked at least $100 off the TSLA share price. Shame on them. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine.

Cheers everyone.

Just FYI that yesterday I received this unsolicited invitation to test drive, the day prices went back up. I'm glad to see the evidence of a marketing effort.

"We are excited to invite you to Tesla Showcase events across DC Metro.

"Join us for the opportunity to test drive Model 3, along with Model S or Model X. Compare a variety of interior and exterior options and select the Tesla that best suits your lifestyle. Learn more from our team of product experts, including how to trade-in your current vehicle or arrange financing.

"Kindly RSVP below. We look forward to seeing you soon."

O'K, first off I'm no lawyer, however this would be my approach. Write with a smaller font, expand the margins and delete the header and footer block and presto, you have a 10 page document on 8 pages.

Seriously, IMHO the SEC continued overhang on stock knocked at least $100 off the TSLA share price. Shame on them. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine.

Cheers everyone.

If Elon's lawyers change the font size I'm sure it will result in Jim Cramer and the SEC screaming that Elon should be thrown in jail for making a mockery of the US justice system via font fraud. Elon's lawyers will respond that the SEC is trying to trample on his First Amendment rights to free fonts.

That's a possibility - but that the timing of Elon's trip coincides with GM making a big EV production announcement is curious.

Elon normally wouldn't be lending a hand to GM's PR efforts, unless Tesla gets something significant in return.

I.e. if it's related to the Flint GM plant, then I'd expect it to not just be Elon strolling around and negotiating, but the announcement of a final deal.

Not to mention that Karen is still quiet about this (unusual for her :p), so I would say there is a good chance your expectation is very possible.

Not so, you can't claim the loss then, but the basis change is tracked until you can sell without the wash rule kicking in. Wash-Sale Rule
Agree on the other items, though watch out for the settlement times on retirement accounts.
Actually that is not true if you trade in both regular and IRA/ROTH accounts. If you were to sell TSLA stock at a loss in your regular account and then within 30 days before or after that sale buy TSLA (or a TSLA call option) in either IRA account, it will trigger a wash sale in which the cost basis rolls into the IRA account where the cost basis does not matter and as a result you will never be able to recoup the loss in the regular account. IRA Wash Sales Can Have Severe Consequences

Actually that is not true if you trade in both regular and IRA/ROTH accounts. If you were to sell TSLA stock at a loss in your regular account and then within 30 days before or after that sale buy TSLA (or a TSLA call option) in either IRA account, it will trigger a wash sale in which the cost basis rolls into the IRA account where the cost basis does not matter and as a result you will never be able to recoup the loss in the regular account. IRA Wash Sales Can Have Severe Consequences
ACK!
Thanks a lot stupid SEC suing Musk/ TSLA.

Haven’t heard the result of tesla suing Michigan for not allowing tesla dealorships in the state. That despite tesla buying a tooling company in the state. Why would tesla open a factory in the state in such an unfriendly government?

Write with a smaller font, expand the margins and delete the header and footer block and presto, you have a 10 page document on 8 pages.

In legal filing there's usually standard fonts and spacing sizes. For civil cases:

Rule 32. Form of Briefs, Appendices, and Other Papers

Paper Size, Line Spacing, and Margins. The brief must be on 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper. The text must be double-spaced, but quotations more than two lines long may be indented and single-spaced. Headings and footnotes may be single-spaced. Margins must be at least one inch on all four sides. Page numbers may be placed in the margins, but no text may appear there.

(5) Typeface. Either a proportionally spaced or a monospaced face may be used.

(A) A proportionally spaced face must include serifs, but sans-serif type may be used in headings and captions. A proportionally spaced face must be 14-point or larger.

(B) A monospaced face may not contain more than 10 1/2 characters per inch.

(6) Type Styles. A brief must be set in a plain, roman style, although italics or boldface may be used for emphasis. Case names must be italicized or underlined.

(7) Length.

(A) Page Limitation. A principal brief may not exceed 30 pages, or a reply brief 15 pages, unless it complies with Rule 32(a)(7)(B).

(B) Type-Volume Limitation.

(i) A principal brief is acceptable if it:

• contains no more than 13,000 words; or

• uses a monospaced face and contains no more than 1,300 lines of text.

(ii) A reply brief is acceptable if it contains no more than half of the type volume specified in Rule 32(a)(7)(B)(i).​

Lawyers will typically use an editor either with built-in counter or a plug-in that will count these for them and ensure that the filing is compliant.

The only significant loophole is footnotes: "footnotes may be single-spaced". Sometimes you can see a lot of arguments delegated to footnotes due to size restrictions.

I don't think Elon's team is going to need any formatting tricks: 8 pages is enough, and I think they'll also respect the judge's small signal that they should keep it short and focused.

Elon's lawyers are the adults in the room.

It's not always so:

:D

Haven’t heard the result of tesla suing Michigan for not allowing tesla dealorships in the state. That despite tesla buying a tooling company in the state. Why would tesla open a factory in the state in such an unfriendly government?
Location, location, location
Then: infrastructure, suppliers, workforce
Michigan is unfriendly from a dealership POV, but that is seperate from manufacturing for a non-emotional business decision.

I have not discussed the topic further since. That said, I would be surprised if that's what today was. I'm as curious as everyone else. :)
Right... ;)

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 8.32.12 AM.png

destination Tianjin

3 out of 16 left.[2China, 1 EU] (all will reach by this Sunday 24th)
Of final 4, 2 are for Tianjin - so looks like Tianjin will be the most hectic place for deliveries

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but Flint is also the town with the drinking water contamination where Musk donated 500k and got 12 school buildings safe water.

He could be just there to get an award or meet officials/citizens.

Tough a GM truck or drivetrain deal would be sweet.

Just want to say: "told-you-so"

Tesla's software will get stolen by the Chinese.

This could also mean that the chinese deemed this version of ap to be complete.

Now they just have to steal the ASIC computer and the nuero net admin password. And then clone a car with all the same cameras and sensors and make said car at below Tesla's cost and we will be on our way to bankruptcy.

Now they just have to steal the ASIC computer and the nuero net admin password. And then clone a car with all the same cameras and sensors and make said car at below Tesla's cost and we will be on our way to bankruptcy.

Going bankwupt is okay, so long as it's not Chapter 14 and a half. That's the worst kind.