Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes me nauseous thinking this guy can get a third free roadster. View attachment 389064

Ain't gonna happen...

upload_2019-3-22_14-1-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-22_14-1-23.png
    upload_2019-3-22_14-1-23.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 34
Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but Flint is also the town with the drinking water contamination where Musk donated 500k and got 12 school buildings safe water.

He could be just there to get an award or meet officials/citizens.

Tough a GM truck or drivetrain deal would be sweet.
Today is "World Water Day", so this would make sense.

Holy carp - I'm nearly 25 pages behind after a couple of evening out...

So apologies if this has already been posted, but Tesla are scrapping service intervals and moving to as-needed.

Obviously this is very bullish and anathema for stealerships! I have a pre-paid 4-year plan, so not sure how this will work out.

Tesla eliminates service schedules, moves to an 'as-needed' model - Roadshow

Another bullet into the ICE dealership model. This needs to be marketed loudly....

I'm not sure this has been posted, but here's the text of the "all hands on delivery pumps" email - some new information in it, I believe, regarding EU delay (my bolding):

To: Everybody

Subj. Vehicle Delivery Help Needed!

March 21, 2019

For the last ten days of this quarter, please consider your primary priority to be helping with vehicle deliveries. This applies to everyone. As challenges go, this is a good one to have, as we’ve built the cars and people have bought the cars, so we just need to get the cars to their new owners!

What has made this particularly difficult is that Europe and China are simultaneously experiencing the same massive increase in delivery volume that North America experienced last year. In some locations, the delivery rate is over 600% higher than its previous peak! This was further exacerbated by supplier shortages of EU spec components and a sticker printing error on our part in China that were only resolved in the past few weeks.

North America is also stressed, as the final month of this quarter is almost all North America builds. Moreover, for the first two weeks of March, most cars were sent from our factory in California to the East Coast to ensure arrival before the end of quarter.

The net result is a massive wave of deliveries needed throughout Europe, China and North America. This is the biggest wave in Tesla’s history, but it is primarily a function of our first delivery of mass manufactured cars on two continents simultaneously, and will not be repeated in subsequent quarters.

To help, please contact Sanjay Shah in North America, Robin Ren in China and Ashley Harris in Europe.

Just FYI that yesterday I received this unsolicited invitation to test drive, the day prices went back up. I'm glad to see the evidence of a marketing effort.

"We are excited to invite you to Tesla Showcase events across DC Metro.

"Join us for the opportunity to test drive Model 3, along with Model S or Model X. Compare a variety of interior and exterior options and select the Tesla that best suits your lifestyle. Learn more from our team of product experts, including how to trade-in your current vehicle or arrange financing.

"Kindly RSVP below. We look forward to seeing you soon."

...is that one of the first times the Model 3 has been part of a test drive event? Usually it was just S/X.

Still, that does fit with my ideas (from when we thought almost all of the stores were closing) of test drive events being how Tesla would pull off test drives without stores.

No meaningful new data in the NYT article, just the entirely unsurprising observation that February DMV registrations of Teslas are down seasonally, like they have been down in the U.S. every single February, for almost every car model, since the beginning of time.

Just to be super informative the NYT does not point out that it's a seasonal pattern, nor that it affects other carmakers as well, nor do they point out that Tesla sold 4,700 vehicles in Canada alone (a 10x increase over 2018 sales) and sent a dozen ships to Europe and China with tens of thousands of vehicles. Nor was it newsworthy for them that about ~20% of the world's automotive markets still cannot order the Model 3, at all.

They did manage to regurgitate a fair amount of no-demand FUD though, so if you want a list of the most recent TSLAQ talking points on the topic then go ahead and click! :D

This the best newspaper in the world yet they completely blew this story. I only know this because I've devoted a lot of my time becoming an expert on the subject of Tesla.

Why is it then, when I turn the page from the bad Tesla article and read about farming, foreign affairs, music, or basketball do I assume that the information and analysis I'm getting from the NYT is first-rate?

OT

Less than a year. The one in Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec was in permitting for just short of two years before being built. It takes some places a long time to get approval.

To be clear, there are TMC people on the ground in ND who have been tracking this locally for a long time. The delay in ND, at least, is on Tesla, not permitting, etc.

• Love
Reactions: neroden

This the best newspaper in the world yet they completely blew this story. I only know this because I've devoted a lot of my time becoming an expert on the subject of Tesla.

Why is it then, when I turn the page from the bad Tesla article and read about farming, foreign affairs, music, or basketball do I assume that the information and analysis I'm getting from the NYT is first-rate?

Great post! Let's not forget the NYT's misinformation on WMD's and the stories the fed the run-up to Desert Storm, too.

Galielo’s Hyperchange whinge this week has been picked up by the evermore boneheaded Alphaville section of the FT: “Tesla’s number one retail investor begins to doubt himself”. (Not sure where to begin with that headline!)

I refuse to reward that rag of a publication with a link or clicks but if you’re desperate I’m sure you can find it.

Young Galileo is learning the great game fast it seems.