Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
553A2855-AA35-4E02-9D0D-FFE9F4353A56.jpeg
7F29633B-6FDE-41A4-9F43-CAD3E5BA4E4B.jpeg

Attachments

• 55C23C88-0614-4642-855D-0807EF4B7856.png
    55C23C88-0614-4642-855D-0807EF4B7856.png
    540.1 KB · Views: 74
More reflections on that utterly nauseating Slate article by Scott Woolley on how Tesla was worse than Solyndra. From the article's summary final paragraph:

Here’s hoping that proves true. In the meantime, the question of how to compensate taxpayers for Tesla-esque successes remains a distinct issue, one that the government would do well to pay more attention to the next time it plays venture capitalist.

No, Mr Woolley, that question most certainly does not remain "an issue". The marvelous success that is Tesla means that just this past month US taxpayers have been massively compensated by many billions just from one person alone, and the other resultant dollars that are and will be flowing to the US Treasury over the decades to come from the hundreds of billions - or trillions - of capital gains taxes are exactly the perfect kind of outcome that thoughtfully-considered pump-priming by the government is capitalism, occasionally tweaked by government, providing a win-win for all: US taxpayers AND private shareholders.

Were Mr Woolley's ill-thought-out platform to have occurred, then the resultant seats on Tesla's corporate board would have engendered the kind of governmental oversight damper that, far from championing pioneering activity, squelches same and ensures mediocrity. Germany's experience so clearly being shown with Volkswagen right now is the perfect counter-example that further provides proof of same.

I love it. Ignore the market noise and disconnect - I'm used to the silly market swings anyway. Let's Go!
They've gotta get their suppliers onboard as well. This could be transformational in the future of supply chains.
This is the sound of plugging in a Hoover.
In other words, Tesla is moving product availability into the incentive window. This maximizes benefits for Tesla customers, but may hurt the stock price, temporarily.

He has some sort of margin incentive. I expect it does not jeopardize that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure autosave only works if you're logged in to Google. You could use a Mac or Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome to avoid autosave:

View attachment 737946
@Opus BC fan

Most any web browser these days has an "open link in private window" option or a way to start a private window. No need to go to a separate browser or PC.

In Chrome it's called "incognito" instead of "private". Either way it would let you take the survey without being logged in.

How many people are Beta testing now. Is it still a 1000?
The last number we saw was around 11,000 beta testers as of a few weeks ago. We knew this because the “software recall” that was issued after-the-fact to retract 10.3 (after Tesla already had put out 10.3.1) mentioned that approximately 11,000 cars were affected.

More reflections on that utterly nauseating Slate article by Scott Woolley on how Tesla was worse than Solyndra. From the article's summary final paragraph:

Here’s hoping that proves true. In the meantime, the question of how to compensate taxpayers for Tesla-esque successes remains a distinct issue, one that the government would do well to pay more attention to the next time it plays venture capitalist.

No, Mr Woolley, that question most certainly does not remain "an issue". The marvelous success that is Tesla means that just this past month US taxpayers have been massively compensated by many billions just from one person alone, and the other resultant dollars that are and will be flowing to the US Treasury over the decades to come from the hundreds of billions - or trillions - of capital gains taxes are exactly the perfect kind of outcome that thoughtfully-considered pump-priming by the government is capitalism, occasionally tweaked by government, that provides a win-win for all.

Were Mr Woolley's ill-thought-out platform to have occurred, then the resultant seats on Tesla's corporate board would have been not only the kind of governmental oversight damper that, far from championing pioneering activity, squelches same and ensures mediocrity. Germany's experience so clearly being shown with Volkswagen right now is the perfect counter-example that further provides proof of same.

The author of that article is completely wrong about the US government not getting a share of Tesla's success. The government is the *only* entity that automatically receives 30% from Tesla's profits, 20-50% from Tesla's employees, and on top of that, about 10% sales taxes in most places for vehicles sold.

Who needs a 5% equity stake when the government is already entitled to many times more than that?

I can't help but wonder if this email from Elon is related to my Model Y delivery moving from Aug '22 to Nov '21. Specifically, could Elon be trying to provide cover for a sudden drop off in demand due to buyers delaying until next year because they want the rebate?

That's what I'm doing and I might even cancel my order then re-up.

The author of that article is completely wrong about the US government not getting a share of Tesla's success. The government is the *only* entity that automatically receives 30% from Tesla's profits, 20-50% from Tesla's employees, and on top of that, about 10% sales taxes in most places for vehicles sold.

Who needs a 5% equity stake when the government is already entitled to many times more than that?
Some people are more about control than success. I will leave it at that.

Easy there fella, a typical Tesla employee is more likely to pay 0% federal income tax than 50%.

Obviously til now Elon has paid essentially zero to the US govt.

Sales tax goes to the state, generally to pay for public education.

Last edited:

Good point, and don't forget the billions they are getting from Elon's personal wealth right now.

I can't help but wonder if this email from Elon is related to my Model Y delivery moving from Aug '22 to Nov '21. Specifically, could Elon be trying to provide cover for a sudden drop off in demand due to buyers delaying until next year because they want the rebate?

Resetting your pricing erases rebate advantage

It's amazing the degree at which Mary bold faced lies. The interviewer just confirmed you have 9.x% market share in the US to Tesla's 63%... :D
Now I understand why GM Marry Barry seeked to associate with NKLA Trevor Milton. They both are straight bold faced liars. Shareholders should sue her she deserved the same treatment as Trevor.

Last edited:

The current rebates and cap removal (200K in sales, so GM and Tesla specific) in the original Senate Finance committee bill were back dated. Orginally to May I think, then it moved forward with house interations of the bill. Does anyone know what date it currently sits at? Granted, it won't get out of the Senate soon and I'm not sure how Senate rules change things like these dates that are put in the House bills if the Senate bill has to go BACK to the HOUSE after the Senate does their markup and changes.

Or, are we just at a starting in 2022 only situation and that is why people are pushing to delay deliveries?

Jeezus!!!... isn't there a song somewhere that explains all this? ;-)

Last edited:
The current rebates and cap removal (200K in sales, so GM and Tesla specific) in the original Senate Finance committee bill were back dated. Orginally to May I think, then it moved forward with house interations of the bill. Does anyone know what date it currently sits at? Granted, it won't get out of the Senate soon and I'm not sure how Senate rules change things like these dates that are put in the House bills if the Senate bill has to go BACK to the HOUSE after the Senate does their markup and changes.

Or, are we just at a starting in 2022 only situation and that is why people are pushing to delay deliveries?

Jeezus!!!... isn't there a song somewhere that explains all this? ;-)
Country music hasn't caught on to Tesla yet. Austin factory is a good start though.