Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are China monthly numbers usually on the 3rd?

Next week is when to expect the Nov China numbers. Usually between the 7th-10th of the following month. Though we will likely get leaked numbers on the domestic sales any day now. Those numbers have been leaked early the past 2 months.

This is the twitter account that a early leak will come from - https://twitter.com/teslashanghai

Just grabbed some Chairs for the extra excitement this weeks. Didn't know about Omicron.
OK, they named it, got it (the connection).
I don't think this is virus scare so much as more Elon sales + Berlin news coming soon? Last chance for them to try catching more weak ones. Push hard down, grab some, ride it up. At least I hope so. There's rarely any bad Tesla news, only relative news based on the rest of auto it seems. No reason for the exaggeration against S&P 500 - as usual.

1638394913813.png

People ask why Tesla's Credit Rating is important. One reason is that it is used by the Market to set an Equity's "Beta" (risk rating, which sets the amount that ticker moves, on average, relative to the Indices). Tesla most closely tracks the NASDAQ-100 index, or NDX.

Telsa's "Beta" currently is about 2. Here's what that looked like during today's session, relative to the 2 major Indexes: (NASDAQ-100 and S&P 500)

TSLA.chart.2021-12-01.16-00.png

Look faintly correlated? NDX -3% TLSA -6% while exaggerating every wiggle.

Yes, hedgies luv themselves some good ol' Beta: it let's them push TSLA around for huge profits every single week. And everyone just goes along with it, like TSLA's beta is a real thing. :p

This is also why hedgies work with the Ratings Agencies to 'slow-walk' Tesla's credit upgrade. The very idea of a company with zero net debt, a 50%+ annual growth rate, and one of the largest 5 companies by Mkt Cap on the S&P 500 being rated "junk" is simply risqué obscene criminal BAU for Wall St.

TSLA is in fact less risky by far than the auto sector, likely less risky than the entire Market (based on Company performance during the pandemic alone).

I say bring on that share dividend, Elon. No mercy. Hedgies deserve the whole they've dug themselves into (yes, the 'whole' hole).

Word.

Last edited:
TSLA once again showing relative strength. Both SPY and QQQ are lower than they were on Friday. We are higher. As long as Tesla keeps executing, money will keep rotating out of dumb plays and into TSLA.

It's the 'churn' that MMs and hedgies are after; that's how they make their daily bread:

TSLA.5-Day.2021-12-01.16-00.png

And TSLA is the butter on their bread.

Last edited:
Does anybody have any thoughts about Elon's recent tweet? Notice an obsession with pools lately?
Well the fact is, not every one of Elon's tweets are something to do with Tesla. Accordingly, we don't discuss every Elon tweet here. I don't think this one has anything to do with Tesla. (or even SpaceX... or any one of his companies)

MODERATOR: Finally, a post about Twitter that is of some value. To give it the emphasis it deserved: THIS THREAD IS NOT SOME TWITTER-MIRROR. As with ALL posts, if you include a reference to some outside material - an article, a tweet, a meme that, for the love of all that's holy had better be the ONE AND ONLY TIME that meme appears - you MUST present some cogent, productive reasons as to why it is deserving to be included in this thread.

Nothing so difficult in any of the above, everyone - at least if you finally passed fifth grade.

Last edited by a moderator:

TL;DR: "Model Y is the undisputed leader, registering 1,013 units last month. It is followed by Model 3 with 770 units. The German Volkswagen ID.4 is in third place with 719 registered units. It is followed by Nissan with 655 Leafs. Polestar 2 closes the top five with 501 registered units."

TL;DR: "Model Y is the undisputed leader, registering 1,013 units last month. It is followed by Model 3 with 770 units. The German Volkswagen ID.4 is in third place with 719 registered units. It is followed by Nissan with 655 Leafs. Polestar 2 closes the top five with 501 registered units."
A Europe produced Model Y will dominate forever. Literally will not catch up to orders for 10 years. Exciting times.

VP Harris reconvenes and expands the Space Council. I listen to the whole meeting. It was pretty good. I does seem that the Biden Harris Administration does want to get out in front on the opportunities of space exploration. Nothing in this meeting directly discussed SpaceX or Musk, but I can't help but wonder how the Administration sees itself in competition with Elon Musk. Regardless, a more ambitious and interconnected space program could be a useful way to generate enthusiasm. The priorities cluster around cultivating STEM talent, addressing climate change, and strengthening international rules and norms for access to space. This encompasses a broad social agenda. My sense is that all of this is very much in line with Musk's vision, but it feels a bit like the Administration is trying to make clear that they too have a vision for space exploration.

Reading the article, it’s worse than that. Some of the worst issues are at slow charging speeds. So if you frequently trickle charge from 110v (I do), your battery is screwed. Or if you leave it in direct sunlight for too long (I also do this).

Their battery warrantee is utter crap and it’s pretty clear why.

All home charging is essentially trickle charging for a lithium-ion EV battery. Unless you have your own Supercharger (fast DC charger). No one does. The article made it clear the problem happens at "up to" 7.5 kW of charge power. So that would be 240V @ 32 amps or the maximum amount Porsche's US market mobile connector can deliver.

This was a mind-blowing revelation that Alex Voigt has delivered today. Not because I want to rub Porsche's nose in it but because the charges against Porsche rise to the level of consumer fraud. They are *very* serious charges. I just hope Alex hasn't been set up by the German auto industry (who would probably love for him to go away) to take a fall. If the charges are false and the 'whistle-blower' managed to convince Alex he was a real source when he was in fact a plant by someone covertly hired by someone in VW Group, it could cause quite a lawsuit. But Alex seems confident the whistle-blower is real. I just hope he's right.

With that out of the way, assuming the source is genuine and also knows what he's talking about, the revelation is really damaging for Porsche and it helps highlight what it means for Tesla to have a lead in batteries. For years Tesla naysayers have said Tesla has no lead in batteries and they always based this on the fact that Tesla did not manufacture their own cells. But, of course, they manufactured their own battery packs for over a decade and, perhaps more importantly, the software that runs the battery management systems. Now, of course, they make some of their own cells as well and that activity is set to explode in volume shortly. But this story highlights what happens when an ICE maker decides they have expertise in battery management because, how hard can it be? Red wire goes to "positive" and black wire goes to "negative", right?

@avoigt , good job on the major story! I would be interested to hear what kind of fall-out follows.

Last edited:

VP Harris reconvenes and expands the Space Council. I listen to the whole meeting. It was pretty good. I does seem that the Biden Harris Administration does want to get out in front on the opportunities of space exploration. Nothing in this meeting directly discussed SpaceX or Musk, but I can't help but wonder how the Administration sees itself in competition with Elon Musk. Regardless, a more ambitious and interconnected space program could be a useful way to generate enthusiasm. The priorities cluster around cultivating STEM talent, addressing climate change, and strengthening international rules and norms for access to space. This encompasses a broad social agenda. My sense is that all of this is very much in line with Musk's vision, but it feels a bit like the Administration is trying to make clear that they too have a vision for space exploration.
Plus it gives them two elephants in the room to ignore.

We all know that two elephants are better than one