Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well i hope these miserable scum are happy with their last two days of pushing the market around on no volume. and i hope they absolutely lose their behinds next week. happy new year to longs. wish it could’ve ended with more pizazz. but hoping 2022 comes in like a lion.

does this qualify as coming in like a lion?

———
before declaring victory of course, we know the shenanigans that can be pulled

i still think we could be somewhere around 1250 before earnings. but it could be bumpy on the way. and really, it doesn’t matter if we get there now or later. q4 is undeniable. there’s no counter to it. so let’s enjoy the progress and let the stock do what it does. in the long run, we win.

Thanks for bringing us back to reality with a slap in the face. You're right, the fact that actual "work" remains to be done to accomplish anything makes me realize maybe Tesla is not the right fit for this job. Tesla workers are better at dreaming than actually getting anything done!

/s

This thread has a long history of being told that the cleaning of robo-taxis is a difficult problem to solve. We are accustomed to being told things can't be done. We listen to the objections, consider them briefly and then dismiss them as an easy problem to solve. If you want to get good at solving problems, emulate the culture at Tesla. They are accustomed at looking at the paths around the problem. You will find there are many ways to skin a cat and a problem that looks insurmountable is rarely ever that as long as it doesn't violate the laws of physics.

You are just...not a useful poster. You attack anyone that is not an absolute fanboy with blinders. Take the blinders off, Tesla service is not great and in solar it is the worst in an industry with lots of issues. The worst. In automotive it is ok but very inconsistent.

But instead of simply attacking view contrary to your own maybe you could expound on how you actually believe Tesla will deliver on a decent robotaxi experience and avoid the failures of service in the other aspects of the business that are much less high touch. I'm always interested to learn more information on how they will surge past a high point of failure. Oh and while you are at it explain to me why Tesla solar is still an arm pit of bad service? Perhaps you can explain to us all how you have led extensive service teams, delivering high touch service with some basis in excellence. I'm all ears, or eyes. Anyone can cheer Tesla, we all do. Helping understand why Tesla is powerful, what's unique and what is a problem is what makes the forum useful. I'm all aquiver waiting on a thoughtful post on how Tesla will address robotaxi experiences. I expect I will be disappointed because your posting history is one of attacks and fanboy regurgitation, neither of which are helpful to anyone investing in Tesla. However, I hold out the possibility that I may be wrong. Stun me with your solution to Teslas robotaxi service conundrum.

So, how was everyone's weekend?

I throw them on in the background while cooking or cleaning. Even if it's not new info it helps me process and think. 100% agree thought that this is the best place to get aggerated information.
Yeah, treadmill background for me.

S&P benchmarked funds that don't own TSLA are down around 150 basis points in the first hour of the year. Most are probably deciding right now that they can't take another year of this and want to go equal weight. This could cause a pretty big move in TSLA by itself.

I think at this point any benchmarked Funds who do NOT own TSLA do so because they are prohibited by their own charter/bylaws to purchase any equity that does not have an "investment grade" credit rating from the big 3 ratings agencies.

Fitch Ratings, Moody's and S&P Global Ratings the next move is up to you.

It's a lot more engineering work than you may think to switch battery cell chemistry from NMC to LFP. The heating profile and ion conductivity are vastly different between the two cathode chemistries. It will not be as simple as just making a cell with the same electrode layer thickness as existing cells. Much thermal modeling and testing wiould be required, and then you have to ask yourself "what are the potential gains?" vs just building more of the exisitng prismatic cells.

There's nothing magical about the 4680 cell format: it's an engineering compromise that was chosen specifically for Tesla's nickel chemistry cells. I don't expect any movement before 4680 production is fully ramped with the existing design. After that, why not another clean sheet of paper? Reinvent the wheel only when the wheel costs too much, is too hard to build, or is in some other way unfit for purpose.

Cheers!
The tabless electrode or whatever it is called... is pretty important for high-performance cars, and also for flagship products due to discharging and charging speeds, so I'm assuming 18650 will be seen as a weakness since it can't be manufactured without 2 tabs, old-world style. Am I wrong?

Reactions: insaneoctane
Yup, not sure if this would be the first refreshed Model S in Europe or if it might just be a test vehicle that got registered.

But either way, Model S is incoming for Europe in Q1.
Also... Fremont/USA Model Y? German Model Y? Bad data most probably

1641224668457.png

Hmmm.....are we hitting 1200 today?
I'm guessing TSLA shorts and float % have had their stronger days in the past (assuming anyone learned their lesson). As I recall from past pops, this should have some momentum for a few days while they unwind. Maybe this was already mentioned.

I just woke up. Next question... how did I sleep-in today? Ans: Like a puppy, no worries, and "It's about freakin time!"
Thank You again Elon, the Board, Tesla Employees, members of TMC, and last but not least, my loving wife for trusting us all.

JP Morgan got to keep that oil money flowing
Is that it actually? I'd be curious to know how, quarter after failed PT prediction quarter, Ryan Brinkman is still the automotive analyst at JPM? This is a huge, legit brokerage-bank that has its analyst doubling-down on a losing bet over years and years. Is there no internal oversight? JPM and its clients have lost out on the investment story of the decade. I'd be interested to hear what people with insight think about how this all continues.

Too early! The decline is leveling off already... pushing it's way back up. Steady as she goes!

SP has been pinned to the Upper-BB for over an hour. It's MMs normal pattern to cap the rise, wait for volume to fall off, then attack (jump in with both shortzes by dumping 2x the 5-min running avg share volume)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-01-03.10-45.png