Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, here we go. Elon just “liked” this tweet:
TESLARATI on Twitter

Since giving right of way isn’t actually stated as a feature publicly by Tesla, this would seem to be new information about Autopilot. If the SEC decides to make it one, this seems like it could be a candidate for deciding whether “Liking” a tweet could be material.

Grammar aside, 'correct' with no qualifier at all is stronger than 'technically correct'.

If you are correct, then you are also technically correct.

Yes and No.

I believe “Technically Correct” usually means “Incorrect, and can be considered correct only by a strictly literal and somewhat misleading interpretation”. Sort of like “Incorrect, but no way to prosecute because of a technicality.” So “Technically Correct” is mostly used in a derogative sense.

So strictly speaking, bringing out your Venn diagrams, “Technically Correct” looks to be a subset of “Correct”, so is included when you say “Correct”. But I think that is misleading, and therefore only “Technically Correct”.;)

I am likely reading too much into this, but the laptops Flint Schools received were Chromebooks and the in car web browser is switching to Chromium.
I am afraid you are reading too much into this. Chromium has won, Microsoft has surrendered. And chrome book is the de facto standard for k-12 classrooms due to its low cost and ease of management. Buying anything else needs justification.

Yes and No.

I believe “Technically Correct” usually means “Incorrect, and can be considered correct only by a strictly literal and somewhat misleading interpretation”. Sort of like “Incorrect, but no way to prosecute because of a technicality.” So “Technically Correct” is mostly used in a derogative sense.

So strictly speaking, bringing out your Venn diagrams, “Technically Correct” looks to be a subset of “Correct”, so is included when you say “Correct”. But I think that is misleading, and therefore only “Technically Correct”.;)

"Technically correct" can also mean "correct" but does not answer the intended question. Classic example is the pilot asking where he is from people in a building he is flying over.

I am afraid you are reading too much into this. Chromium has won, Microsoft has surrendered. And chrome book is the de facto standard for k-12 classrooms due to its low cost and ease of management. Buying anything else needs justification.

Elon’s purchase of chrome books is offset by the chrome delete on the Model Y.

If there is a demand drop then the story about it being due to the tax credit decreasing doesn't make sense. A price drop of a similar amount is far more valuable than the credit difference.

I still think it might be time to do some small amount of advertising. We all live in a Tesla bubble. Most people have zero clue about how Teslas work, what you get with one, and that you can buy one for 35k.

Grammar aside, 'correct' with no qualifier at all is stronger than 'technically correct'.

If you are correct, then you are also technically correct.
Saying somebody is technically correct is a meme from Futurama and is a stand in for "you are factually correct but missing the point".

Alright, here we go. Elon just “liked” this tweet:
TESLARATI on Twitter

Since giving right of way isn’t actually stated as a feature publicly by Tesla, this would seem to be new information about Autopilot. If the SEC decides to make it one, this seems like it could be a candidate for deciding whether “Liking” a tweet could be material.

I noticed what appeared to "right of way" lane changes on recent trips. That said, its a bit like reading tea leaves when trying to decipher the various prompts. The interface doesn't generally say why it is prompting for a lane change so there is quite a bit of room for confirmation bias. And it clearly doesn't always prompt for lane changes when it should. At least, as of 5.15, it is still sometimes "losing" the fact that it is passing and once past the vehicle fails to ever prompt for return to the right lane. I think this has to do with passing curves on hills where the vehicle being passed drops below tracking, but that could be coincidence. It has also occurred when the vehicle being passed took an exit, but I have not had that scenario recur yet on 5.15.

Here's hoping that I get 8.28 soon and have new behavior to decipher! :D

[edited to add a more direct reply to your point: the SEC will do whatever it will do. I've trimmed a longer reply as I think it suffices to note that NoA covers this (and more) already. Tesla hasn't, reasonably can't, and most likely won't, enumerate every minute factor that goes into the overall driving decisions. Doing so just opens them up to malicious claims. There's no point. And, as has been amply proven already, for whatever reason the SEC is driven entirely by the short (false) narrative so honest facts are rather immaterial to what actions they take.]

Last edited:
Reactions: VValleyEV
ZeroHedge, founded and run by not so anonymous Bulgarian emigrant and con artist Daniel "Dan" Ivandjiiski, writes this howler:

Did you put his nationality in order to emphasize the con part? Or is relevant in some other way?
What about the nationality of the author of the article: Authored by Jon LeSage via Oilprice.com?

The important bits for me are those:
:
CEO Elon Musk and the Tesla team have succeeded in making their company the most widely used electric vehicle brand name, but this has not yet led to global EV sales dominance.
Competitor BMW just issued a report conducted by global consulting firm IHS Markit and based on new vehicle registrations from Feb. 2018 to Feb. 2019.

In other words- BMW choose a very convenient period for the report, ending just before the Model 3 assault in the EU started. We know what happens starting March.

Yes and No.

The big difference is, technically correct is almost always followed by a "but"... sometimes a "however."

MODERATOR:
Replying to a number of requests here - If anyone thinks there is a reason for further posts on either

• upcoming/next/this days in any language
  • correct forms of correct
then prior to posting you will PM ME to explain such reasoning. Further posting without such preauthorization will be treated extremely malevolently.

then prior to posting you will PM ME to explain such reasoning. Further posting without such preauthorization will be treated extremely malevolently.

Are you somehow suggesting that we should seek pre-approval for all posts that contain, or reasonably could be contain, material information pertinent to these subjects?

Pretty disgusted with Wall St and at the same time kinda in awe of how blatant they are with manipulation. No one for a second believes the BS demand reports this morning...….they're literally quoting the exact same FUD from a month ago(Jan/Feb US numbers are down). I'm very disappointed in investors though(not retail investors). It seems like everyone on Wall St is either in the game to drive the share price down or just complicit to let it drop all they way down to 250 share before they'll start buying, regardless of how much progress the company makes. I'm actually starting to think that a lot of the funds that hold tesla shares bought them not to ride the share price higher, but to maximize downward selling pressure in coordination with FUD and short attacks. Again though, it's my personal belief that the industries Tesla will be disrupting are bankrolling Wall st funds behind the scenes so I don't expect many of you guys are going to join me on the conspiracy bandwagon lol :)

It would be nice to hear something from the company or Elon. It's not material information to reaffirm guidance already given or to just say "We see no demand issues at all". We here all know from the anecdotal evidence(Euro delivery dates being may now), reports of SR+ orders not being delivered until Aug, etc...) that it's all BS.

Financial trading these days is 90% AI driven so all you have to do is control the media.

The influence of the media is just too powerful, you cannot fight it. It’s sad but true and no human can do anything about it.

Given that the SP is so boring, I'm in the hunt for a nice cheap option to keep me entertained, just one, to lose, sorry, use the change I have sitting in my reading account.

I'm thinking of 297.5 expiring 4/5, or is that 5/4? 5th April. I figure the delivery expectation is super low and we could get a pop once the figured some out.

And thoughts?