Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it's a start...

Musk should negotiate. In return for support of the federal government in assisting other companies in managing the chip shortage, push for a federal regulation overturning state laws that require that new vehicles be sold through dealers, rather than directly from the company. Shouldn't be hard to justify, this is a pretty clear case of regulating interstate commerce. Far less of a stretch than many place the commerce clause has been used.

Last edited:
If you'd like to educate yourself on the subject, I'd suggest that you google "reach code natural gas". However in my opinion this topic is already off-topic for this thread, and will quickly become political — so please let's not discuss it here.
Fair enough, thanks. I just didn't understand why it would be a consideration, will do some research.

Having seen the latest Jeff Dahn interview this week , he talks about batteries now good for 4 million miles

The interview with Jeff Dahn was not allowed to be recorded but is discussed by EV Canada

And summarised on twitter

@elonmusk
As cycle life in Tesla’s vehicle battery packs increase and Tesla adds power electronics for power output as well as charging, do you foresee ever connecting Tesla vehicles to Virtual Power Plant / Autobidder / Tesla energy software?

In summary if your car is capable of 4 million miles , as a owner you will not be concerned about making it available for grid stabilisation
if you are recompensed in some way
I think mods want us to drop the V2G discussion.

I am a big fan of Jeff Dahn's work, I will watch the video.

I think Elon will duck the question. Their aim in to lower the price and increase the supply of energy storage batteries of all sizes.

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd and EVDRVN
I'm looking for a piece of info I'm hoping someone here might have. I'm discussing on another forum Tesla's impact on CO2 reductions. It is my opinion that Tesla has done more to reduce worldwide CO2 emissions than any company on earth. Unfortunately I'm not finding links that specifically support that. "Off the top of your head" has anyone got a link to that effect? Thanks.

Welp it held up well while it could but just like every time in the past month, it gives up the strength in the final couple of hours. Yes the macro's took another leg lower about 30 mins ago, but TSLA has been getting weaker and since turning negative, that weakness is accelerating. Oh well
Meh. These low volume walkdowns by MM's jockeying for ideal max pain position don't worry me. We all can see where they wanna go. The price to actually buy shares was already worked out earlier in the morning.

Today's strength was amazing. I'm feeling pretty solid about recovering to $1k in the next few weeks.

If AMZN poops the bed today I'll have to move some things around for next week's expiration, but today gives me the confidence to risk more margin to widen spreads vs any drastic measures.

Looks like people are worried Amazon will disappoint and tank tech stocks. We will see soon.
Will be interesting, as in Seattle, Amazon is stronger than ever. You see about 10 prime trucks to every FedEx or UPS truck. And as I used to work in Google Cloud Compute, AWS is also as strong as ever, taking more and more market share, continues to hold their place at the top of the Gartner rankings (which is the end all, be all ranking for Cloud)

I'm looking for a piece of info I'm hoping someone here might have. I'm discussing on another forum Tesla's impact on CO2 reductions. It is my opinion that Tesla has done more to reduce worldwide CO2 emissions than any company on earth. Unfortunately I'm not finding links that specifically support that. "Off the top of your head" has anyone got a link to that effect? Thanks.

"In 2020, the global fleet of Tesla vehicles and solar panels enabled our customers to avoid emitting 5.0 million metric tons of CO2e"

Facebook is officially a dead platform. Can’t be more of a flatline than that.
92DF135B-2C7F-4EFB-B91B-A63C10E29394.jpeg

I was expecting g TSLA to drop abruptly today and I am amazed by the relative stock performance Compared to AMZN -7%. We might not be heading into a bear market after all but more of a reallocation of capital into double digits growing companies.

Will be interesting, as in Seattle, Amazon is stronger than ever. You see about 10 prime trucks to every FedEx or UPS truck. And as I used to work in Google Cloud Compute, AWS is also as strong as ever, taking more and more market share, continues to hold their place at the top of the Gartner rankings (which is the end all, be all ranking for Cloud)
The fundamental question with Amazon is in regard to it's valuation and just how profitable it can actually be. The company's main two businesses are stronger than ever (e-commerce and AWS), but there's legit questions as to what the end-goal profitability is. And if they can't be as profitable as once widely assumed, then they need more growth to make up for it to justify the valuation.

The fundamental question with Amazon is in regard to it's valuation and just how profitable it can actually be. The company's main two businesses are stronger than ever (e-commerce and AWS), but there's legit questions as to what the end-goal profitability is. And if they can't be as profitable as once widely assumed, then they need more growth to make up for it to justify the valuation.

Out of all of the macro headwinds I’ve been talking about (inflation, falling real wages and retail sales, labor shortages, etc) the tech company potentially most exposed to these is Amazon… by far.

I really wouldn’t be surprised for a dump AH. We’ll see in a little bit.

If it helps you : my calculations are that at end Q4-2021 Tesla cars had driven a cumulative distance of 104,691 million kilometers = 65,051 million miles. That corresponds with 2.34 million cars sold and an annual average distance computation for each model x sales per year. I've yet to do the CO2 calculation for that, but I'll be interested to see your workings if you do it.

I suspect some of the wind turbine or nuclear reactor companies may be able to put forwards a more compelling case at this point. Perhaps even the thermal insulation manufacturers. Or even some of the oil companies (for enabling the transition from coal to gas). It rather depends on where you set the baseline.

• Informative
Reactions: CorneliusXX