Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late morning /early afternoon walk down engaged.:confused:

PPI numbers tomorrow provide another catalyst opportunity, but also another reason for market participants to remain cautious today. Not to mention, Ukraine is going to cast a shadow over everything until the uncertainty is removed one way or another. I'm not surprised at the profit taking.

With that said, this morning is yet another example of TSLA outperforming in morning trading.

Reactions: capster
Not good: An ID.3 started to burn spontanuously (i.e. not while charging) in a parking garage in Brussels: ‘Garages zijn niet voorzien op brand elektrische auto’s’
It’s the third one in half a year in Europe. An ID4 also started to burn in the same period In Oslo.
The newspaper thinks it’s necessary to remind us that a Tesla started burning while supercharging in Antwerp in 2019.
The narrative in the press has changed now that their advertisers also sell EVs: the fire department had the fire under control quickly, and maybe our parking garages should be adapted to be more fire proof.
Hmmm, you're reading the wrong news site, Brussels Times doesn't mention Tesla, but BMW instead!

PPI numbers tomorrow provide another catalyst opportunity, but also another reason for market participants to remain cautious today. Not to mention, Ukraine is going to cast a shadow over everything until the uncertainty is removed one way or another. I'm not surprised at the profit taking.

With that said, this morning is yet another example of TSLA outperforming in morning trading.
The thing to look for in todays trading is if TSLA actually gets back above it's high for the day and closes there.

Already seeing the signs of capping. Macro's continue making highs for the day, TSLA can't even get back to it's high's.

Until I see that trading behavior change, I'm pretty skeptical of any moves.

Edit: And now the real pushdown begins.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
Hmmm, you're reading the wrong news site, Brussels Times doesn't mention Tesla, but BMW instead!

But look at the narrative here. This is an “Electric Car” fire which can happen to any electric car. Not to be confused with a “Tesla spontaneously combusts while driving” which can only happen to a Tesla.

It’s a fine line. Sort of like “Tesla on Autopilot Rams Police Car” versus “Car hits police car while on cruise control”. Tesla incidents can only happen to Teslas. When it happens to other cars, it’s just the nature of being a car and can happen to anyone (including a Tesla!)

That photo in the Brussels Times article looks to me like the wheels of a BMW :

My understanding was that BMW use Samsung (NCM) prismatis and CATL (LFP) :

I wonder what is going on here.

I consider the EV ads from legacy companies to be the reason TSLA is doing well today.
It is a vindication of Tesla’s strategy. Like a capstone for the great EV awakening of 2021.

Imagine spending $10m on goofy greenwashing for cars you aren’t even selling right now only to have them run to Tesla instead. GM should have just kept their money until they have products to actually sell.

It is a vindication of Tesla’s strategy. Like a capstone for the great EV awakening of 2021.

Imagine spending $10m on goofy greenwashing for cars you aren’t even selling right now only to have them run to Tesla instead. GM should have just kept their money until they have products to actually sell.
If they don't advertise (like they do every year) then people will start asking: where is the GM ad? Are they in trouble? How come they don't have X?

Could be seen even worse than the virtue signaling we saw from them so people can still buy an ICE car with the knowledge, that "they start doing the right thing and this is my last ICE" or so..

But what do i know? ;)

Nuclear is the competition for Tesla energy. But can it compete, even when we only consider price and time to deploy?

Climate change only justifies nuclear if you believe nuclear can supply electricity more cheaply and ramp more quickly than solar plus battery. Ratepayers and taxpayers in the S.E. US are still paying billions for the bungled construction of Westinghouse nuclear plants in Georgia and South Carolina that were abandoned at huge loss because they were uneconomical. I'm with Elon on the safety and environmentally friendliness of a well-engineered, well-built and well-operated nuclear plant but I've never seen him address the cost issue. And I do lack confidence that big projects like this will end up being well-engineered, well-built and well-operated while remaining on budget. Failure on any one of the first three concerns is not really an option and failure on the fourth concern, cost, removes any incentive to risk failure on any of the first three concerns.

I don't know, maybe big oil got their fingers in the mix to make sure the Westinghouse projects were FUBARed from the beginning. In any case, it can take 15 years to engineer and build a modern nuclear plant and that's enough time to ramp solar and batteries to degrees previously thought impossible. And isn't this in Tesla's business plan? Battery and solar should be a very profitable business with plenty of room for others to join in.
I don't disagree with current nuclear technology, but with SMRs - that could be a game changer.

Reactions: Queeg500
We're slipping here, as I found a rumor being discussed in another non - Tesla related discord. As with everything, it's an unsubstantiated rumor about a potential second factory in China, reported by Electrek.

You mean the one we talked about 3 hours ago?

Still find it amusing that companies feel like it’s a good idea to increase association between Tesla, SpaceX, and the Mars mission.

Really… strikes me as dumb to point out that your competitor is literally the most successful rocket scientist on the planet. (Ok more a rocket engineer than scientist, but most of the public don’t get the difference).

Agree, though it’s a carefully calculated PR strategy. They’re going for the “eccentricities of a billionaire” angle because the data probably shows most sheeple don’t realize exactly how involved Elon is in the nuts & bolts engineering progress his companies make.

Reactions: Ogre and Drumheller

A new Kelley Blue Book study shows Lexus, BMW, and Tesla are now the top three brands considered by luxury car buyers. Tesla placed fifth behind BMW, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi in the Q3 2021 most-shopped luxury brand rankings and seventh in the Q4 2020 list. The electric automaker has made a considerable jump onto the podium, KBB says