Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GM made a bad error imo. DR Evil was always behind the times and incompetent right? Like he wanted 1M$ when 1B$ would be more in line with the times.
They stole GMs tech!? So something super bad compared to what is available. That’s all I got from that ad🤔
Tesla should just flash a logo after each of the other EV ads
Pretty much. Imagine being the company to kill the electric car and making a commercial about wanting to kill the electric car.

That will be an incredible interview!!! :D
Let's hope they can put aside any self-promotion and egos, so we get a consistent deep dive through a series of topics and no shout-a-question bonanza of ever-changing shallow topics.
Although I expect this to certainly be a more structured event than a certain previous group interview, which was more of a fan gathering with completely random and 'easy' questions.

Pretty much. Imagine being the company to kill the electric car and making a commercial about wanting to kill the electric car.

Imagine if Tesla had bought a Super Bowl spot, and simply showed some SpaceX acrobatics and astronauts being delivered to the rockets in Teslas. Immediate several months of orders? Only 200 cars at $30,000 net profit would break even while setting $TSLA 🔥……..

Imagine if Tesla had bought a Super Bowl spot, and simply showed some SpaceX acrobatics and astronauts being delivered to the rockets in Teslas. Immediate several months of orders? 200 cars at $30,000 net profit would break even to set many markets abuzz……..

Cars that are sold already..?

We’re in the 800s and we’re still getting walked down in the afternoon. What’s it going to take at this point? Even an upgrade to $1350 wasn’t enough.
200 day moving average is the name of the game for the next 2-3 weeks.

No real catalyst to force mass covering unless it's a macro level catalyst. Jan China numbers were strong but they needed to blockbuster. The Jan numbers might be stronger than they appear once we get the production number, but besides that.......everyone knows Berlin isn't going to get that permit for another 3-4 weeks and it seems like there won't really be a Austin announcement of deliveries.

So unless macro events take away the fear, no substantial buying is going to happen until Q1.

Agree, though it’s a carefully calculated PR strategy. They’re going for the “eccentricities of a billionaire” angle because the data probably shows most sheeple don’t realize exactly how involved Elon is in the nuts & bolts engineering progress his companies make.

See I had the opposite read.

That they were trying to appeal to the folks who are bad at multitasking by saying "SEE WE JUST DO CARS" to suggest a CEO who is actively splitting his efforts in many different directions (cars, space, robots, brain implants, tunnels, etc) can't possibly do as well with any single one of them as someone putting all their focus on only doing one thing.

The "we only do one thing" message is not uncommon in marketing, and there's fair evidence it appeals to at least some groups.

Other groups might not see the appeal in it- understanding that cross-discipline learning and effort is a net positive for some types of minds, and can lead to breakthroughs in one area benefitting the others. But the folks who get that were probably already buying a Tesla anyway, so why "market" to them?

The other benefit to going after better known names with digs like that is-- now people are talking about your brand. A brand many now talking about it probably didn't know existed 2 days ago.

or in this case even the folks here, who did know, are still talking about em.

Edmunds trolling again.

Will Edmunds get even more bullish on BMW and snarky against Tesla as the grill grows/

08fb0e23c37117943fd125af0ec7bc10.jpg

Let's hope they can put aside any self-promotion and egos, so we get a consistent deep dive through a series of topics and no shout-a-question bonanza of ever-changing shallow topics.

I don't know how familiar you are with both Dave Lee and Rob Mauer, but putting egos and self promotion aside should be zero problem at all when this interview happens. We might get some of the best questions and conversations with Elon yet honestly, both Dave and Rob are incredibly knowledgeable about Elon's companies.

... Will Edmunds get even more bullish on BMW and snarky against Tesla as the grill grows/

LOL! And I thought the 'nostrils' on the i3 were bad...

IMHO few of the SB commercials, EV or otherwise, were any good. Of the EV-oriented ones, the Kia ad was perhaps the best. The others were pretty cringeworthy. As a TSLA shareholder, I'm really happy that Tesla does not advertise. (Though it would be cool to show Jay Leno drive his Plaid to the dragstrip and set a new EV drag record, or have fun driving Roadster or Cybertruck with Franz or Elon.)

Edmunds trolling again.

Will Edmunds get even more bullish on BMW and snarky against Tesla as the grill grows/

One of the big reasons I remain bullish on Tesla is that Tesla lives rent free in so many people's heads. How many people were discussing Tesla when the superbowl ads for other EV's came on. The reason Edmunds attacks Tesla consistently is because Tesla is so good and they fear them.

Edmunds trolling again.

Having seen one of them in real life (On the highway, sitting on an open transport, alone, facing backwards?!?!) I could give them the first two properties, but regarding the last one, this thing is an abomination..

I don't know how familiar you are with both Dave Lee and Rob Mauer, but putting egos and self promotion aside should be zero problem at all when this interview happens. We might get some of the best questions and conversations with Elon yet honestly, both Dave and Rob are incredibly knowledgeable about Elon's companies.
Yes I know and expect as such.
But once 60mio people might look your way, things could change....

If just a few eyeballs stick and subscribe, that can turn into a sizeable payday..

Last edited:
I was just laughing at the iX with a friend the other day when somebody posted the superbowl commercial here. Everything about that car is so ugly, down to the wheels out of a Fisher Price catalog, that it's pathetic!
I don't know what sorta crack they're smoking over at edmunds, but this car is not in the same class as the X either. It has just a bit more room than the Y but weighs more than the X, yet costs 88k with just a few most basic options.

View attachment 768974
Hooydonk has gone full on Bangle. And we all know that you don't ever go full Bangle.