Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People say a lot of things about Tesla that are not true. The whole TSLAQ nonsense. I guess after a while it gets HARD to keep doing this because so many of these claims are obviously now untrue to even the average joe.
Tesla doesn't make many cars (false: people see em every day!)
Tesla doesn't make a profit (false, easily and trivially googled)
Teslas autopilot is rubbish (false, ask anyone you know who owns one and uses it...)
..etc etc

The reason we are now getting personal attacks against the CEO is they are MUCH HARDER to disprove for the average joe. They do not know Elon personally, have not hang out with him. Say he is a terrible person because X or Y, and the average Joe believes it. After all, its in the newspapers!

Of course its outrageous, and I would fully support Elon suing the **** out of everyone who attacks him, but its not unexpected. Its the latest, desperate weapon against the company that is crushing all other car companies like bugs. Roll on Texas/Berlin factory ramp-ups! (and semi production...)

Say what you want about Elon, but the man has a great sense of humor: :D

1653037140368.png

Tesla Optimizing Margins?
I am in the same boat. My Model X LR delivery date has moved from May to July and now to Dec 2022 - Apr 2023.
Consider this:

My order:
Order date: October 15, 2021
Delivery Date: Dec 2022 - Apr 2023
Price as configured: $114,490

If ordered today:
Order Date: May 19, 2022
Delivery Date: Jan - Apr 2023
Price as configured: $131,490

I ordered 7 months ago. Oddly, someone that orders today gets practically the same delivery date.
But if ordered today, the pricing is $17,000 higher.
I wonder if Tesla is moving the higher priced orders ahead of the older orders to optimize margins to offset Austin/Berlin Ramps and Shanghai lockdown impact. I see on the Model X tracker there is someone who ordered a Model X LR in January 2022 and received their car in April and another person ordered in March 2022 and received the car this month (both in California).

I am a bit bummed about my order's delay but intrigued that there may be a pleasant margin surprise in Q2, Q3 and Q4.
Hey, you at least have a delivery date... I have an MX Plaid on order since August 6th 2021 and zippo, nothing, silence...

And yes, at least I can console myself that the price I locked-in is likely to be around 20% less than today - but that's an unknown too as there's no pricing shown for MS/X outside the US

No demand they say...

Pretty odd leak… if Elon did wrong like alleged that is bad, but soliciting sexual favors for money/things seems pretty low on the list for canceling. Must not have much dirt.
To be fair, the ALLEGATION is not just soliciting a sexual favor, but soliciting from an employee and downgrading her responsibilities after refusal, which is orders of magnitude worse.

To be fair, the ALLEGATION is not just soliciting a sexual favor, but soliciting from an employee and downgrading her responsibilities after refusal, which is orders of magnitude worse.
Knowing Elon as we do (which is WAY better than most on the street), does this REALLY fit him? Doesn’t make sense. I just don’t see it.

Surprised that there were forum members that took the allegation at face value and cancel-cultured Tesla immediately.

Elon debunked this trope with a meme 8 hrs ago:

Elon Musk on Twitter: "To be clear, I’m spending <5% (but actually) of my time on the Twitter acquisition. It ain’t rocket science! Yesterday was Giga Texas, today is Starbase. Tesla is on my mind 24/7. So may seem like below, but not true. https://t.co/CXfWiLD2f8" / Twitter

FTJ6mBcWUA8hvj9

Twitter isn't a disctraction for Elon; it's a time-saver for direct contact with his followers. Not filtered by the media or pols; they hate being cut out of the loup. Now he wants to fix it so it works better, and fits in Elon's signature 4-D plan. It's no more complicated than that. Let him fix it, I say. But Elon's main efforts remain focused on Tesla and SpaceX.

This is an age-old conundrum. Is it faster for the Lumberjack to stop to sharpen his axe, or to just keep chopping with a dull axe? Let the man sharpen his axe; he's got LOTS of wood that needs chopping. Whole solar systems full of them, and we're not out of the woods yet. ;)

Cheers!

Elon said in a interview that he tweets mainly when he is in the toilet, I just wish he gets his colonoscopy soon because he seems to spend a lot of time on the toilet lately.

On a more serious note, there is an advantage to having a CEO respond and debunk accusations rapidly on a direct channel like his Twitter feed. It prevents rumours from growing out of control.

I agree the SP action does not react a much and as hard to his tweets like it used to on the beginning. Wallstreet either got used to Elon’s ways of doing things or they got desensitized.

Premarket greenish and there looks to be buyers every time we dipped under 700. I am starting to be less and less bearish

Elon said in a interview that he tweets mainly when he is in the toilet, I just wish he gets his colonoscopy soon because he seems to spend a lot of time on the toilet lately.

On a more serious note, there is an advantage to having a CEO respond and debunk accusations rapidly on a direct channel like his Twitter feed. It prevents rumours from growing out of control.

I agree the SP action does not react a much and as hard to his tweets like it used to on the beginning. Wallstreet either got used to Elon’s ways of doing things or they got desensitized.

Premarket greenish and there looks to be buyers every time we dipped under 700. I am starting to be less and less bearish
235,000 trades so far. pittance, even by premarket standards. Will see more direction in the 8 o'clock hour, and obviously will really know after 9:30.

I’ll never forget when I was in medical school anatomy class 30 years ago. Very dry with a million details to memorize. The professor was one of the best at the school and loved by all the students. He was lecturing about the anatomy of the base of the skull/top of the neck. Half your left/right rotation comes from your 1st and 2nd vertebrae due to unique anatomy at that level. He tried to make a joke to wake people up, and called the rotation the ‘virgins’ nod (or something along those lines). Two women immediately got up and stormed out. They then filed a complaint and tried to get the professor fired (men can be virgins too BTW). The sensitivity of some people is shocking. Maybe they didn’t realize that as physicians they would be sticking their hands up others peoples butts and would have to talk about every uncomfortable subject imaginable about the human body and sexuality...? If physicians-to-be couldn’t handle the fact that humans are animals and half of what humans do revolves around sex and flirtation, it shouldn’t be surprising that some “regular” people over react constantly as well.

Last edited:
Knowing Elon as we do (which is WAY better than most on the street), does this REALLY fit him? Doesn’t make sense. I just don’t see it.

Surprised that there were forum members that took the allegation at face value and cancel-cultured Tesla immediately.
The story struck me as far too detailed, which is suspicious on it's own. As you said, it doesn't seem like him. The claim that it's pollical is a common defense, but makes more sense here than anytime I've ever heard it.

Either way, we won't get any real facts on this. It's a claim from an anonymous person, citing another anonymous person, through a tabloid news source. No resolution will ever happen, just wild speculation.

Also worth remembering.
1653047546661.png

Last edited:
I have seen from several people on here, Twitter and on Reddit is that “Elon hasn’t denied it so it must be true.”

I’m glad he responded.
Hey, he just needs more time to come up with a story that throws all kinds of doubt on the accuser. Though a $250k direct deposit to her bank account....sorta hard to explain that away, assuming she has the receipts.
It was payment for taking care of my "horse"! That's it!